• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Super Smash Bros.: The Outsiders (working title)

S. E.

I'm a crow, don't'cha know?
Pronoun
she
Setting

There exists a world, which operates far, far differently from our own. Upon this world, the beings, a seemingly impossible variety of them, live each day of their lives, reveling in the carnage and chaos of battle. Their days are filled with thoughts of triumph over the other beings, of spilling the innards of the opponents, their eternal opponents. Their skills are honed everyday through sheer necessity. The fighting perpetuates on and on for all eternity, feeding and maintaining the balance of the world.

Or so we thought...

However, a group of extradimensional beings appeared one day. They were pure of mind, pure of heart, most untainted by violence. We might call them 'children'. Their arrival threatens the status quo. Their innocence and immature worldview, threatens to sunder the very foundations of life upon the battle-scarred world. Their thoughts, their ideas, their memories of a world where violence is not a (common) war of life, threaten to wreck the delicate balance of the world they are now stranded in.

Aftermath

Master Hand, ruler and perhaps even god of this world, notices this and decides that the children are a threat. It spreads word of their arrival to the fighters and monsters of the land, hoping to drive them out quickly before it becomes an issue. However, some of the fighters have begun to defy Master Hand, intending to find the children and keep them out of harm's way. It will be difficult, but they must find a way to convince it and let them stay, at least until they can find a way out.

If they can...

Rules

1. Please read the Roleplaying Forum Guidelines if you haven't already.
2. Characters may swear, as long as it's in character.
3. Just to be on the safe side, this RP is rated PG-12 PG-13 for (potential) swearing and blood.
4. While characters aren't confined to what they can do in-game (given that they're in SSB), keep it realistic.
5. With established characters, be realistic about which alliance they would belong to, or neither. Just saying, but most omnicidal villains aren't likely to help some random 10-year old.
6. Since SSB is based off of video games, any cannon from anime, manga, etc. pertaining to a certain series does not count.
7. Reserved forms expire after a week.
8. No more than two characters per person.
9. Characters may change their affiliation over the course of the plot.
10. I have the conclusion planned out, just so you know. However, that doesn't mean this RP is going to be entirely linear.
11. Newcomers do not need to be from a series already in Smash Bros.. HOWEVER, make sure that the new series has some sort of history with Nintendo. I don't care if it's third party as long as it meets that requirement.

Forms

SSB Fighters

Name:
Affiliation:
Motive(s): (should tie in with Affiliation)
Other:

Newcomers (Established)

Name:
Series:
Affiliation:
Motive(s):
Other:

Newcomers (Fan Characters)

Name:
Series:
Species:
Personality:
Appearance:
Affiliation:
Motive(s):
Other:

Humans

Name:
Personality:
Bio:
Appearance:
Motive(s):
Other:

Members/Characters

SSB Fighters
Mr. Game & Watch+ (Blastoise428)
Meta Knight+ (Shining Eevee)
Link+ (Evoli)
MewtwoX (Kali the Flygon)

Newcomers (Established)
Klonoa+ (Male Gardevoir)
DimentioX (Exo-Raikou)
Mecha SonicX (Exo-Raikou)
Mother BrainX (President Michael Wilson)
RidleyX (President Michael Wilson)
Rockman+ (Princess Darknight II)
"Poison Claws" JangaX (Male Gardevoir)

Newcomers (Fan Characters)
AggronX (Storm, Earth, and Fire)
Storm* (Dragon)

Humans
Kate+ (Evoli)
Valkyrie+ (Dragon)
Seth+ (Shining Eevee)

Reserved

(+ = Support, X = Opposition, * = Neutral/No affiliation)

SSB Character List (includes Melee dropouts)

Mario
Link (Evoli)
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Zelda/Sheik
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Pit
Wario
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight (Shining Eevee)
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Olimar
Ness
Marth
Luigi
Falco
Captain Falcon
Lucario
R.O.B.
Mr. Game & Watch (Blastoise428)
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Toon Link
Wolf
(Melee)
Pichu
Roy
Mewtwo (Kali the Flygon)
Dr. Mario
Young Link

Credits

Storm, Earth, and Fire for writing the Setting.
Everyone at The Super Smash Bros. RP Planning Committee for contributing misc. ideas.
Exo-Raikou for two of the bosses. The rest are all mine. XP (subject to change)
Everyone who is a member of this RP, of course!

Last edited:
Name: Mr. Game & Watch (Watch for short)
Afilliation: Support w/o partner. (can change if need be)
Motive(s): Tired of Master Hand's iron grip ((hahapun)) on the world, happy to help the children, especially if it means it hurts Master Hand.
Other: He'll be speaking in a robotic, flat ((hahapunagain)) tone.

Last edited:
Name: Mr. Game & Watch (Watch for short)
Afilliation: Support w/o partner.
Motive(s): Tired of Master Hand's iron grip ((hahapun)) on the world, happy to help the children, especially if it means it hurts Master Hand.
Other: He'll be speaking in a robotic, flat ((hahapunagain)) tone.
Accepted.

@Male Gardevoir & Storm, Earth, and Fire: Reserved.

Name: Meta Knight
Affiliation: Support
Motive(s): While he is supportive of the children, it is more out of opposing Master Hand. However, it is also because he secretly doesn't have the heart to do them any harm.
Other: I know there probably won't be many people willing to play humans, and here I am being a hypocrite.

Last edited:
By "Newcomers" it doesn't necessarily mean characters from Nintendo, amiright?

Name: Klonoa
Series: Klonoa
Affiliation: Partnered
Motive(s): To help the children get back to their own world and restore balance, that's what a Dream traveler do.
Partner: Kate(Evoli)
Other: Fanboyism +1

Last edited:
Name: Link
Affiliation: Support with partner
Motive(s): Well, isn't it obvious? He's Link, so, by nature, he simply has to protect the children, whether they are in fact innocent or not.
Partner: *Waits for someone to ask*
Other:

And.. can I reserve a Human form? :D

Last edited:
By "Newcomers" it doesn't necessarily mean characters from Nintendo, amiright?

Name: Klonoa
Series: Klonoa
Affiliation: Partnered
Motive(s): To help the children get back to their own world and restore balance, that's what a Dream traveler do.
Partner: Anyone? *looks around*
Other: Fanboyism +1
I somehow forgot to cover that, but from what I can tell, Klonoa does have a history with Nintendo, so we'll call it a 3rd party. And accepted.
Name: Link
Motive(s): Well, isn't it obvious? He's Link, so, by nature, he simply has to protect the children, wheter they are in fact innocent or not.
Partner: *Waits for someone to ask*
Other:

And.. can I reserve a Human form? :D
Accepted and reserved.

Unpredictability time!

Name: Dimentio
Series: (Paper) Mario
Affiliation: Villains
Motive(s): Dimentio, being the insane clown that he is, has questionable motives. The last time he became subservient to another evil being, he ended up betraying said being and trying to destroy everything. He says that he's doing it because the children are "ruining the perfect world that we live in, like an army of lumberjacks in a populated forest." Whether this is the full truth remains to be seen.
Partner:
Other: motivation fail This is the reason why I didn't request him to be a boss among the bosses

Unpredictability time!

Name: Dimentio
Series: (Paper) Mario
Motive(s): Dimentio, being the insane clown that he is, has questionable motives. The last time he became subservient to another evil being, he ended up betraying said being and trying to destroy everything. He says that he's doing it because the children are "ruining the perfect world that we live in, like an army of lumberjacks in a populated forest." Whether this is the full truth remains to be seen.
Partner:
Other: motivation fail This is the reason why I didn't request him to be a boss among the bosses
No Mecha Sonic? Accepted.

I really need to stop.

Name: Mewtwo
Affiliation: Villians
Motive(s): Believes that power is the only thing that matters, and those that either don't have power, or are afraid to use it, do not deserve to exist in the world
Partner: None
Other: I wish I knew his moves in-game... I actually never managed to unlock him in SSBM, though I didn't play that game very much. Fortunately, I don't have to stick to those moves :grin:

Name: Aggron [/uncreative]
Series: Pokemon
Species: Aggron
Personality: A seasoned, stout-hearted fighter, he doesn't pick up on subtleties very easily, preferring a direct, confrontational style to anything he considers beating around the bush. Reliable, yet stubborn. Proves to be surprisingly friendly in many non-combat situations.
Bio: I don't know what to put here, seeing as how we were all born in the same world where we do nothing but fight all day. >.>
Appearance: A typical Aggron...
Motive(s): Actually, he doesn't really know. All he knows is that, according the Master Hand, these beings threaten to send the world spiraling out of control, which is never a good thing. Should be a cue...
Partner: This spot is only for those who are siding with the kids.
Other: Someone HAS to be the other two Links... Besides me.

Last edited:
Name: Storm
Series: DIGIMON
Species: Halsemon>Silphymon>Valkyrimon
Personality: Very cheerful, but destructive. She is subject to switch sides in the middle of a fight, and almost never gets angry. Storm would laugh at a funeral.
Appearance: A slightly faded Halsemon/Silphymon/Valkyrimon
Affiliation: Neutral
Motive(s): Storm will side with whoever benefits her the most, though she does slightly lean towards supporting the kids.
Partner: No
Other: Fuck common sense, and bring on the bricks >:3

Name:
Valkyrie
Personality: Valkyrie is rather gullible, trusting whoever gets to her first. She acts on the spot, not really considering things or thinking them through, which usually leads to stupid or just bad decisions. She often doesn't put any effort into things, or runs on to the next thing on her non-existent list of things to do. Valkyrie likes to seem busy, while she's usually not.
Bio: Valkyrie's led a rather boring life, with the usual 'go to school and do nothing' day. She doesn't have many friends, and is usually in her room playing video games of some sort, and while playing Brawl, she ended up in the SSB world. Being also rather delusional, she believes she was sucked into the game, and crap.
Appearance: *copy-pastes from another RP* Valkyrie is Southeast Asian. Her hair is a bit short, but she doesn't care. If it gets in her eyes she'll chop it off with the kitchen scissors. Valkyrie usually wears a black shirt with a white fractal design on it, grey pants, and plain green running shoes. Hey, Exo
Motive(s): Valkyrie wants some excitement, and now she has it.
Partner: Link (Evoli)
Other:

Last edited:
Name: Mewtwo
Affiliation: Villians
Motive(s): Believes that power is the only thing that matters, and those that either don't have power, or are afraid to use it, do not deserve to exist in the world
Partner: None
Other: I wish I knew his moves in-game... I actually never managed to unlock him in SSBM, though I didn't play that game very much. Fortunately, I don't have to stick to those moves :grin:
Accepted. (And that makes two of us who never unlocked Mewtwo, so)
Name: Do I have to have a name? Didn't have one in your first SSB RP. >.>
Series: Pokemon
Species: Aggron
Personality: A seasoned, stout-hearted fighter, he doesn't pick up on subtleties very easily, preferring a direct, confrontational style to anything he considers beating around the bush. Reliable, yet stubborn. Proves to be surprisingly friendly in many non-combat situations.
Bio: I don't know what to put here, seeing as how we were all born in the same world where we do nothing but fight all day. >.>
Appearance: A typical Aggron...
Motive(s): Actually, he doesn't really know. All he knows is that, according the Master Hand, these beings threaten to send the world spiraling out of control, which is never a good thing. Should be a cue...
Partner: This spot is only for those who are siding with the kids.
Other: Someone HAS to be the other two Links... Besides me.
Accepted. You can just put down "Aggron" for the name, and for the Bio, I'll probably get rid of it.

@Dragon: Reserved.

I'll go take a look and see where this puts us at and then edit my post when I've decided on whether we should start.

EDIT: Well, we've got 4 Supports (2 Partnered and 2 Support w/o Partner), 3 Opposition, no Neutral/No affiliation, and no Humans, and neither of the 2 Partnered have Partners. However, both reserves are for Humans, so that's subject to change. Of course, Dragon also has a Fan Newcomer, so... yeah. I'll wait and see.

Last edited:
I don't need to have a partner, if it's the way there is no for me, it's just that Klonoa is the kind of character to partner up with someone.

I don't need to have a partner, if it's the way there is no for me, it's just that Klonoa is the kind of character to partner up with someone.
I was going to sign up a Human for myself as a partner for Klonoa until Dragon reserved. I mean, yeah, she does also have a Fan Newcomer (@Dragon: I WILL BRICK YOU IF THAT IS A DIGIMON), but that's why I'm waiting.

come on people be kind to those who don't want to play two characters

Name: Kate
Personality: Where she comes from, Kate was considered the rule-breaker; always getting into trouble for breaking things, getting into arguments with other kids, etc. But in comparison with the fighters from this world, she is completely innocent and incapable of harming anyone. She likes wandering around aimlessly and talking to random fighters, asking them about things completely unrelated to anything. Still, she is nervous around them, especially when she's alone, and easily frightened by a lot of things.
Bio: Kate was basically a normal kid, with a normal childhood. She had a family, a few friends (Not many, so she preferred her own made-up friends and videogames), and, overall, it was okay. A little monotonous, with nothing particularly exciting happening, but okay. This, of course, flew out the window when she ended up in the SSB world. Despite the danger here, she secretly doesn't want to leave very much. Oh, she misses her family, but here she gets far more attention, and the people here are much more interesting, violent, evil, or not.
Appearance: Kate is tall for her age. For a nine-year old, that isn't saying too much. She has very bright red hair that reaches a little past her shoulders, and light blue eyes. She has small, silver-framed glasses and really can't see at all without them. Kate wears long black pants, sneakers, and a bright-yellow hoodie that is way too big for her.
Affiliation: Support, with a partner.
Motive(s): Simple. She wants to be safe from Master Hand until she and all the humans can get back home.
Partner: Klonoa. (=D)
Other:

Last edited:
predictability time

Name: Mecha Sonic
Series: Sonic
Motive(s): Mecha Sonic despises humans and all things dealing with humans. He doesn't care what these children are doing, because as far as he's concerned, they're something that must be dealt with swiftly, and in the most brutal way possible
Partner:
Other: I might put him on joint missions with Dimentio, just to test the robot's patience

Back
Top Bottom