• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Super Smash Bros.: The Outsiders (working title)

The depths of any planet is a hot and cruel place. Few bioforms can survive deep down beneath a planet, and to build down there is folly by most standards. However, when one has experience in this sort of construction, when one has the materials and the know-how to build a strutcture that can handle the heat and still be livable, then one can make a base nearly impregnable.

Deep beneath the crust of the world, amidst the lava, lay such a base. There were bases on the surface, but like the hills of an ant several of these simply lead underground into the deeper, more massive superstructure. Turrents dotted the walls, silent guardians awaiting intruders to blast. Also in the walls were slight circular indentions- A different kind of turrent, that would fire ring shaped energy bursts at targets that dared to enter the base. Patrolling the halls itself were creatures of many varying shapes and descrpitions. Most of these were a kind of reptillian-looking creature, with great claws like those of a lobster. These creatures scurried about the base, attending to tasks that their superiors had commanded them to.

Deeper into the base, the turrents of both sorts would become more numerous, and many of the mobile creatures tended to stick to predetermined routes in a patrol. The patrols became even heavier and defenses more numerous farther in, and great pools of lava also existed, with but slender bridges to connect them to the next area of safe ground. All these defenses culminated in turrents of both sorts lining the walls of a great room filled with many gates of pure energy. And in the depths of this room sat the object so heavily defended- A massive tank, filled with a transparent liquid. Pulsing within this tank was a massive brain, with several spikes jutting out of it along with other mechanical devices. The brain pulsed with energy and information that traveled along it, but otherwise was still... Until a lone eye opened.

"I know you are here." The voice echoed throughout the room, seeming to come from nowhere and everywhere at the same time. It was a flat, electronic voice lacking emotion... And yet it managed to be fierce. As the last echoes resounded, a creature dropped down from the ceiling in front of the brain. The dragon nearly filled the space between the brain and the closest energy field. "You should know that you cannot hide from me in my own base, Ridley."

"I know this well, Mother." As it spoke, the dragon kneeled. A few seconds passed, and then the brain spoke again.

"There is a reason you came here. What is that reason?" Ridley picked himself up with this and raised his head to face the brain.

"Long range sensors have detected numerous foreign bioforms have entered the planet's atmosphere. Likely more human larva. Shall we launch armadas in full?" The dragon could barely restrain himself, and the brain sensed this. Energy seemed to leap from Ridley's body, barely restrained. Obviously he was eager for a kill.

"No, no. If we send out an entire force, the Hunter may very well learn... No, it would be best if you were to go out alone." As this was spoken, the dragon perked up. Ridley could not grin, but he was trying.

"Mother, that was just the kind of command I wanted." And with this, Ridley lept up, leaving the same way he had come.

-----

The great dragon burst out of a space pirate base deep into the desert, with a battlecry, and flew north at great speed. His eye was cast to the ground, and he knew... Many would die before this day was through... If he had anything to say in the matter.

[If constructing the pirate base is a no-no I will edit it]

(I see that the sign says open but the RP is a knockin'. This might be sudden, but I'd love to play this as someone I damn well wish was in SSBB, if I may))

(( Name: Rockman, although he is more than happy to go by Megaman
Series: Megaman, of course! (The original Mega Man, not X/Legends/Battle Network/Star Force/Goddamnit Megaman has too many games)
Affiliation: Full support.
Motive: As a hero who 'fights for great justice', Rockman doesn't appreciate seeing two kids(+) being convicted of pure evil for just existing - of course, it does help that Dr. Right thinks he could help them get back home with some help.
Other: Rockman is extremely fond of Megamanning, the act of copying powers from robotic entities. Too bad most of the people here aren't robots! ...He still has his Buster, though. I guess. He also has Rush, his lovable dogbot pal who can turn into any appliance Rockman might need. ))

((I'm sure we don't need to argue Rockman's/Megaman's place here, he's basically Capcom's mascot. I'll also concurrently play as Dr. Light/Right when I need to, appearing out of nowhere and giving Megaman crap, as he does))

((It would be sweet if someone could be Dr. Wily >: Or at least Bass and Treble))O

Last edited:
"Now then, onto business," Dimetnio said, who still paid no heed to the weapons pointed straight at him. "I suggest that we form an alliance to kill these outsiders."

This caught Mecha's attention.Lowering his weapons, he said: "Why would I want to team up with someone liked you?"

Dimentio floated quickly around Mecha, saying: "You underestimate my abilities? Think about it: You claim to be the most powerful robot made by your creator- though judging by what I've heard about him from scraps of conversation that I've eavesdropped on, that isn't saying much -and I am the master of dimensions and pleaser of crowds. Together, we're invincible, like an Iron Man who picked up a star."

"I'll take my chances alone," Mecha said, walking away. He didn't get very far before Dimentio teleported in front of him.

"But think about it. You are a heavily armed killing machine, loaded up with all sorts of weapons and combat algorithms, and I can destroy my enemies... with magic!"

"Magic," Mecha sneered, walking away again, "I've seen your 'magic' it's more like roadside parlor tricks."

No sooner did those words leave his vocal processor then did a paper thin box appear around him. Or to be more accurate, it appeared simply going up, to the side, and down. It might have been two-dimensional, but Mecha still found that he could not move.

"You know, I can send anything I want to another dimension," Dimentio said, his voice layered with something resembling anger, "I've even been able to create a dimension or two. If you ever call my magic 'parlor tricks' again, you'll find yourself in a dimension full of beings who like to take things apart and put them together again... in the slowest and most painful way possible. Do you understand?"

(I see that the sign says open but the RP is a knockin'. This might be sudden, but I'd love to play this as someone I damn well wish was in SSBB, if I may))

(( Name: Rockman, although he is more than happy to go by Megaman
Series: Megaman, of course! (The original Mega Man, not X/Legends/Battle Network/Star Force/Goddamnit Megaman has too many games)
Affiliation: Full support.
Motive: As a hero who 'fights for great justice', Rockman doesn't appreciate seeing two kids(+) being convicted of pure evil for just existing - of course, it does help that Dr. Right thinks he could help them get back home with some help.
Other: Rockman is extremely fond of Megamanning, the act of copying powers from robotic entities. Too bad most of the people here aren't robots! ...He still has his Buster, though. I guess. He also has Rush, his lovable dogbot pal who can turn into any appliance Rockman might need. ))

((I'm sure we don't need to argue Rockman's/Megaman's place here, he's basically Capcom's mascot. I'll also concurrently play as Dr. Light/Right when I need to, appearing out of nowhere and giving Megaman crap, as he does))

((It would be sweet if someone could be Dr. Wily >: Or at least Bass and Treble))O
((Accepted.

Completely unrelated, but I thought I might let everyone know that the only two humans we have we'll pretend there are more of. When more sign up they will start as if they were already there.))

((Uh, speaking of which, here I am. Gotta ditch Blade Knight I'm afraid.

Name: Seth
Personality: Seth is, simply put, a control freak. He has a rather large superiority-complex, and when things aren't going his way he can get quite tempermental. He tries to act solitary, rational, and calm, though in reality it's because he is the exact opposite of all of those. However, he tries to convince himself otherwise in order not to appear weak, which is partly the reasoning behind his entire act.
Bio: Seth lived in a large city with his parents and many siblings, all of which were younger than him. He rarely got outside, preferring to stay in his room and mess around with electronics. However, when he was sent to the Smash world, it had him excited about his new discovery... at first. After a while of wandering aimlessly, he began to get homesick, worrying about his siblings, parents, everyone.
Appearance: Seth has short and somewhat messy jet-black hair with green eyes, and when he arrived in the Smash world, he was wearing an olive-green T-shirt with faded blue jeans. He is average height for his age and very bony, though not unhealthily so.
Motive(s): More than anything, he wants to get back to the real world. He doesn't care about anything else that happens, or so he thinks.
Other: Fail bio. Always with the fail bio. Also, what's up with the female humans, anyways? Thought I'd mix it up a little.))

Re: [Now Started] Super Smash Bros.: The Outsiders (working title)

((Goddammit Exo you're amazing at being Dimentio))

"Waahoo!"

A humanoid silhouette moved quickly down in the river, floating just about an inch above it.
It floated towards the shore and jumped out of the water.

Klonoa picked up his hoverboard and put it under his arm as he walked away, it was in the middle of the night, and the only light was from the moon and when the light from it reflected on the green crystal on Klonoa's big ring.

Then, Klonoa turned around, he had sworn he had saw something move just now, something had moved in the trees.
"Hello?" Klonoa said carefully, looking around, as if he thought it would attack him. "Is anyone there?"

((Oh yeah I'm talking to you ShinyVee))

((And you know what, screw common sense.

Name: "Poison Claws" Janga
Series: Klonoa
Affiliation: Villains
Motive(s): Janga is nothing but a bit of a psychotic bastard, and enjoys killing in general, so he doesn't miss his chances.
Other: Another 1-up for my fanboyism, not to mention the 1-up for blood, swearing and alcohol. By the Exo, hire me as well! :D

Last edited:

((wtf it's a pimped Weavile What are we supposed to be doing, have the humans arrived yet, and if we have, what're we doing?))

((Janga appeared before Weavile, flaw in your logic is found, and if anything I think of him as a Zangoose.))

((Fine. wtf it's a pimped Zangoose))

((@Male Gardevoir: Accepted.
@Dragon: The humans have arrived (otherwise they wouldn't be looking for them yet), and they're pretty much just wandering. Have them bump into someone for optimum post-about-something, yeah?))

Meta Knight heard someone call and stood still. Had they seen him? Well, that was a fairly stupid question. Of course they had; no one else was in that particular forest, or at least, not to his knowledge. If it is an enemy, then I will pretend to be on their side.

He got down from the branch and headed for the outside until he heard something behind him.

SNAP

It sounded as if a twig had been stepped on. Then, something a little less subtle - a kick in the back of the head. Or just back. With an anatomy like his, who knows?

He spun around. "Watch where you swing your feet! There are some of us who are just soccerball-sized, you know." he said in a hushed tone. ((Or "football" for UKers))

"Uh... sorry..." said a voice from considerably higher up, backing away.

"Wait," said Meta Knight, summoning his wings and flying up to eye-level with the creature that had spoke.

"Ouch! Do you mind?" he, which could now be identified as a human, cried out, shielding his eyes.

"They are particularly bright in dark places, but I cannot look at you with my eyes closed." said Meta Knight, not apologizing. "What is your name?"

"Seth..." he replied, calming down somewhat. That... thing... didn't appear hostile. "What's yours? And what are you? And how can you speak?"

"Meta Knight-"

"Really?"

"... Don't interupt. As I was saying, I am Meta Knight, my species is none of your business, and I can speak because I learned, fool."

"..."

"Look, most of the population here is out to kill you, and I am here to keep you safe. Are you satisfied?"

"But... why is most of the population here out to kill me?"

"I'll get to that later. Erm, Seth, was it? You stay here. There is someone outside, and I cannot tell whether they mean you harm or not." he trotted off on his original course.

Kate looked around nervously. It was very dark, and she couldn't see that well. Shivering, she pulled her jacket hood over her head, jamming her hands in her pocket. It wasn't really that cold out, but it felt safer like this. More familiar. Where was she? She had been at home, and woke up here. It was scary, mostly because it was so.. plain. A very big field of some kind. Far off, she thought she saw a forest or something, and a river even further off. Cupping her hands around her mouth, she called out again.
"Hello..? Mom? Help!"
Of course she wasn't here. Why on earth would she be here? Wherever "here" was..
But none of the solved the problem, really. Kate stopped, looking around again. She was paranoid, probably, but.. oh well. Who cared. She continued walking.

Link yawned, slightly dazed, and sat up. Why was he on the ground..? Oh. He must have fallen asleep.. and out of the tree.. Which explained why his back hurt like crazy. Maybe having enough weapons (Most of them made of metal) to supply a small war strapped to your back was not that good of an idea. Picking himself up, he brushed the dead leaves off his clothes and walked back from where'd he had come from. Actually, walking around when you were tired to the point of stupidity wasn't wise either, but he didn't hear anything nearby. At least, no footsteps aside from his own, or talking. There probably was not anyone even close to nearby.

Last edited:

((@Evoli: Link wouldn't happen to be in the same forest as Seth, would he?))

((He is, but pretty far away.))

Last edited:

Valkyrie looked up at the trees again, confused as hell. The last thing she remembered was playing Brawl, or something, and suddenly waking up, or appearing here in this place. She sighed, and started to walk again, before something slammed into her and knocked her down into the undergrowth.

"Heheh, gotcha," it said. Valkyrie squeaked. Pinning her to the ground was a Halsemon, if she remembered right from when she used to play Digimon. But Digimon weren't real..!

"What," she cried, and winced. The Halsemon, she, from the sound of her voice, was rather heavy, and she was putting all her weight on her, too.

"I've been watching you for a while.. a few minutes, really. You probably shouldn't wander around, lots of people here want your head. You know." She motioned to Valkyrie's head. "I guess you can come with me, my name's Storm." She stepped back from Valkyrie, who now was even more confused.

"Wait, what? I'm wanted, and you.." She paused, and blinked. "You're a Halsemon?" Storm rolled her eyes.

"Yeeeees, I'm a Halsemon, that's my species, and you are a human. A rather stupid one, may I add. I`m guessing you value your life, so you should probably come with me." Valkyrie nodded slowly.

"Uh, alright," she sighed. "I'm Valkyrie."

((yay, now I get to be a furry nice guy with a cap AND a furry alcholic asshole who is possible pedophile!))

Klonoa stopped for a second, he had seen something move, and he had heard voices, there was someone there.

"Hello?" He said once again, louder this time, "Is anyone there?"

he began walking nervously in the direction he had heard the voices, looking around as if something was to pop out and attack him from nowhere.

"I'm Klonoa, the dream traveler" he said, "I'm not trying to cause any trouble"

__

"Tch, shit"

An empty bottle flew into the ground, shattering into an uncountable amount of pieces.

A robed figure was walking down the road in the night, the robe was at least some sizes too big for him, and he carried a rather broad hat that covered his face in shadows, yet a light from his blue and yellow, respectively, eyes could be glimpsed. Rather then hands, the figure had big red claws in place of his hands.

((That's all I can write as for now, I want Exo to show up and give me something to do with Janga, if anyone can make things more fun then it's Dimentio!))

"So you say," said Meta Knight, approaching Klonoa. "But what would you say if I told you I had... one of them... in my possesion?"

((Okay, I'm going to sound like a broken record, but would Valkyrie and Storm be in Seth's, ah, range? I just need some clarification.))

Game and Watch stumbled through the forest, bleeping to himself quietly. It was kind of hard to walk around at night when you were almost entirely jet black. Nevertheless, the humans had to be found, if only to tick off Master Hand.

And if that meant tripping around in a dank little forest all night long, so be it!

Game and Watch had a sudden idea. Summoning up a few dozen Shadow Bugs, Game and Watch shaped them into a flashlight. Shining it around in the bushes, the two-dimensional fighter continued to look for the children.

The great dragon had flown all day. The bright intensity of the desert's sun had given way to the bitter chill of the desert's night nearly the moment the sun had decided that it was time to retreat beyond the horizon. The cold hampered the dragon's movement none at all. Ridley was, after all, a space dragon- And his species had evolved in such a way that the utter lack of warmth in space was nothing to them. This little nip of cold air that was the desert was like an inferno compared to some of the places he had been...

Nevertheless, Ridley could feel the tempreture climbing as he flew farther and farther away from the desert. In short time he had reached a field of some sort, with a dirt road arching along, as a snake that had lost its way. As he came to this Ridley dropped his altitude and flew lower, eyes peeled. Roads like this were the kind that the most vulnurable of travelers moved on, and he was feeling hungry. As he flew, Ridley spotted a traveler that fit exactly. He sniffed the air- The creature wasn't one of these humans- A pity, truly. Nevertheless, he picked up the slight scent of alcohol in the air, and with this he chuckled. That substance was intoxicating to most lifeforms, and made their reaction times lesser and their wits duller. This would be almost unfair.

Ridley swooped down from the air in a charge, and landed in front of the traveler. His wings were spread out and his tail lashed about, with the bladed tip digging deep into the dirt whenever it struck. The dragon moved in, ready to strike, when suddenly he pulled back and raised a claw to his head. A look of anger flashed in the dragon's eyes for just a second, but then he stepped back and folded his wings back. While the tail never stopped moving, it was now not lashing, and the earth earned no new wounds.

"Yes, of course, Mother. Ridley out." And with this, the Pirate leader lowered his claw and looked to the creature. There was a growl in the back of his throat as he spoke.

"I would very much like to kill you, but I have my orders. Align yourself with the Space Pirates and you shall live. Don't... And I will feast. So, worm, what is your decision?"

Kate stopped abruptly. Something.. something big flew by, then landed up ahead. It almost looked like.. a dragon. A dragon?! No way.. they weren't real.. but it was here. And it was very real. She was frozen to the spot, trying not to cry. She was somewhere strange, with a big huge dragon very close. But it wouldn't be able to see her. She could see it because it was so, big, but there was no way it could see her! And, she just realized..
Oh, yes it could. Her sweatshirt. Her bright, sunshine yellow sweatshirt, so pretty and happy-looking in the daytime, could kill her here, in the dark. But she wasn't wearing a shirt underneath. Just her undershirt, because it had been cold that morning. But she didn't want to leave her sweatshirt behind. It was cold. And it would be a sign that she'd been there if she left it. Maybe the dragon (It was just standing on the ground.. what was it doing?) could follow her because of its scent, like a dog. Making up her mind, Kate took it off, tied it around her waist, then ran away as fast as she could. However, she was still easily visible, not that she knew it; a tiny, dancing bright-yellow shape.

Last edited:

Seth looked to one of the trees next to him. Light shone on it, along with all the trees near it. He turned around and shielded his eyes again. Why does everything want to blind me...

"Who's there?" he called out.

((Let me know if I'm mistaken, Blastoise.))

Back
Top Bottom