• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Super Smash Bros.: The Outsiders (working title)

Re: [Now Started] Super Smash Bros.: The Outsiders (working title)

((Not at all, my dear SE.))

Game and Watch stiffened, or at least as much as a two-dimensional physical impossibility could. He had heard a voice!

It sounded young.

Pushing through the surrounding trees, Game and Watch caught sight of a startled-looking humanoid, fitting the description of a 'child'.

Game and Watch raised his arms above his head in an unthreatening manner, pointing the light above the creature's head in the process.
"/I am Mr. Game and Watch. Would you happen to be a child?/" asked the flat warrior in an equally flat tone.

Seth stared. So the short one with the weird glowing eyes and baritone voice was pretty strange, but this... how did it even work? Its body looks completely two-dimensional! He began to wonder whether he was still on Earth. It looked like Earth, but the creatures...

"Child? I guess so." he muttered, looking down at the ground. "There's this, uh, friend of mine, named Meta Knight. He told me to stay put here, so..."

"/Hmm, Meta Knight?/" asked Game and Watch rhetorically. "He's... an associate of mine. I'd listen to him. He has a temper,/"

And with that, Game and Watch layed flat on the ground (a mentally confusing act to any viewer) and whistled in a clipped, beepy way.

Perched at the entrance of a cave, carved into the side of a mountain with a rather good view of the forests below, was a hulk of steel and rock. He shoved an iron rod into his mouth, chewed, and swallowed. Sure, he had a vague task, handed to him by that being which may as well be a god, but it was vague.

Just what is it that's going to ruin this whole world?, he thought, I wasn't told, but it'd have to have come by now, and I would've noticed it, right?

For now, there was nobody around to answer his questions. So, Aggron descended the mountain face, again searching for whatever threatened everybody.

A great purple dragon swooped across the sky, "Maybe he knows.", he said to nobody in particular.

((Sorry I'm a bit late. The connection has been on the fritz, thanks to all the frequent thunderstorms))

While Mr. Game and Watch and Seth chattered away and layed flat (well... at least for one of them), they were unknowingly watched by two pairs of eyes watching them carefully. Incredibly innocent eyes, none the less, but still disembodied eyes.

On recon by Dr. Right's orders, Rockman had sucessfully tracked down the kids via radar and swooped in with Rush. While he would have loved to make friends with the newcomers, Dr. Right said it would be best for him to lay in wait for the right time to approach them. However, as he had soon realize, the kids were not in some obvious crowd with a giant sign, like most Robot Masters.

So far, he had only found one. There had to be more then one, right?

So he waited. And watched. Rockman didn't like waiting, it seemed creepy and sneaky, but there wasn't much he could do. He watched the boy wander aimlessly, meet Meta-Knight, and now sit here waiting on the cold ground. To be honest, Rockman didn't think he could do much more waiting.

Rush, who faithfully sat by Rockman's side, was started to whimper in impatience and gnaw at his metallic tail. Maybe Rockman was taking this waiting thing a little too far?

((Ew, bad post >: ))

Last edited:

"Them?" Klonoa said confused, before realizing what the masked ball in front of him talked about.

"I am trying to help them" He said bluntly, being a bit annoyed over this fellow's aggressive attitude, "That's what a Dream Traveler, restore balance in the various world, or at least that's the best way to put it"

((*rolls dice* Yes. Yes they would be.))

Storm motioned to her back with her blades. "Well, don't just stand there, then. Your pitifully short legs won't get you anywhere fast enough, so get on." She looked expectantly at Valkyrie.

"Well, alright.." She had a bad feeling about this, but what could she do? Storm didn't look like the kind of.. er, Digimon that would wait around. Using her leg as a ladder, Valkyrie climbed onto Storm's back and wrapped her arms around her neck.

"Ready?" Without waiting for an answer, Storm leapt off the ground.. and didn't touch down again.

"AAAAAGGGH WHAT THE HELL," Valkyrie screamed. She expected Storm to run, and now they were flying half a kilometer above the trees!

"Shut up," Storm snapped, and stretched her forearms out. "People want to kill you, like I said before, so if you want to live, shut up." The Halsemon angled into a steep dive, before pulling up and turning around.

"You did that on purpose," Valkyrie whined.

"Yes. Yes I did."

"I'm going to take my chances with you, but only because-" Meta Knight was cut off by a shrill cry from above the forest. ... Sometimes I wonder if just stabbing every child I see would be easier...

[Ridley was talking directly to Janga, Male gardevoir]

Immediately after he spoke, Ridley spun around with great agility for something so large. He had caught a whiff in the air, a smell he recognized; the smell of a human child. And along with that, he got a whiff of that odor which was intensely pleasurable- The smell of fear. There was rare joy in the pirate leader's voice as he spoke back to the creature.

"You shall have more time to ponder your decision, worm. More important matters have arisen." And with this, Ridley launched himself into the air and catapulted towards the smell. The space dragon had speed to rival the fastest of starships, and with this he propelled himself forward to land directly in the child's path. As he landed the dragon darted a claw forward to grab hold of the female. As he did so, Ridley raised his other claw to his head and spoke.

"Mother, this is Ridley. I have found one of the human larva. In how many pieces do you want it?"

Kate tried to wiggle out of its claws, but it was holding her far too tightly. She even tried slipping out of her shirt to escape, but that didn't, either. This was a nightmare. It had to be. But she couldn't make herself wake up, no matter how much she wanted to.. this couldn't be.. real, could it?!
But she wasn't going to die here. Though.. she didn't know exactly how, but still. Well, she was a nine-year old girl, about to get eaten by an actual dragon. There was only one thing she knew to do. She opened her mouth and screamed at the top of her lungs. And didn't stop. About ten seconds passed, and she didn't stop to take a breath, still screaming continuously, as loud as she could. Well, at this rate, something would have to happen. Or she'd pass out and get eaten. Well, she wouldn't feel anything, then.. right? Oddly, she didn't sound as scared as she thought she'd be, though she was completely terrified. Actually, now that she was thinking somewhat clearly..
Ridley? I've heard that before.. C'mon.. where is it from?
Maybe she could stall by talking to it, if only she could remember. Because she was quickly running out of air, and was going to need to breathe very, very shortly.

Last edited:
((I never really understood that, but whatever))

It took a while for the robed figure to understand what had just happened, he had been too drunk to react just before, when a giant lizard had appeared out of nowhere, insulted him and then flew away.

"Worm"

It didn't make him too long to remember that exact word, and it made him very annoyed, that thing had the nerve to make fun of no one less then "Poison Claws Janga"

"Just you fucking wait, you piece of shit" Janga said, his yellow eye shining with rage, and he began running in the direction the lizard went.

((yeah I wanna fight, so just you wait for a while, and Janga swears a lot))

[It isn't godmodding to autohit something that has no way to dodge, right]

Ridley could hold Samus Aran in one hand- A full grown woman in a suit of heavy armor. And so this small youngling was nothing to him. After he had grabbed hold, the space dragon had lifted her up off the ground as he tried to listen to the great Brain's orders. But the youngling had begun screaming at close range. The sound was irritating, and Ridley tried to ignore it, but it just would not stop... Until

THAWP

Ridley brought his tail in to smack the girl in the head. He made sure to keep the bladed edges of the tail away from her and to merely hit with the flat of his tail, but the impact was still painful. Listening now for the more joyful sound of crying in pain, the dragon spoke again.

"Apologies, Mother. The larva was being a nuisance." The dragon was quiet for a moment as it listened in on the commands, and then nodded his head.

"It shall be done. Ridley out." And with this, Ridley turned his head to face the child he held. "It seems you get to live for as long as you prove yourself useful... Fortunately Mother forgot to specify what 'useful' meant." Ridley laughed darkly. His attentions were on his captive for now- He was too far away to hear Janga's call. And even if he had, he likely would have ignored it anyway.

((Wait what? Was you talking to me? I just ran after Ridley. But if something can't dodge, then it is obviously hit, if they can dodge, autohitting is pretty much godmodding))

Even when she yelped in pain, Kate was glaring evilly at Ridley. The message was crystal clear; "If I could, I would kill you horribly, right now!" She tried to touch her head to see if it was bleeding, before remembering that her arms were pinned tightly against her sides. This.. dragon thing was talking to her. She forced herself not to shudder. While she wanted to swear at him or fight, that would get her killed sooner. So, talking might at least buy a little time. She vaguely remembered something.. a game from somewhere. But.. that made no sense! But did anything. But still, not enough to help. But she was positive that she'd heard of him before. She started talking, making this up as she went, but sounding more and more calm and almost defiant as she went.

"What do you mean by useful, Ridley? You can't make me do anything! If you killed or hurt me, then I'm not gonna be very useful to anyone. Or what if I die first, here? If I held my breath until I died or purposely made you eat me by making you mad? Or broke my own neck? I know how to. Or got somebody I know to help me? I know who you're scared of."
What the hell was that supposed to mean? She had no idea. Kate was saying whatever popped into her head at this point. Still, even if it made this dragon thing laugh at how stupid she was, or get confused by this nonsense, it was still something. So, she didn't change expression, looking directly at Ridley seemingly without a trace of fear. She actually was calmed down, slightly. It wasn't going to do anything to her yet, so she was safe for now. Still, she wanted to go home..

Last edited:
"Fine," Mecha said, knowing that he was in no position to bargain, "We will ally. But only for as long as this issue goes on. Understand?"

"Perfectly," Dimentio said, and then the box vanished, "Now then, I suggest we find one of these vile outsiders. Shall you lead on?"

"I shall," Mecha said, already jetting onward.

((ShortPostFail. I don't have that much time to make an elaborate post.))

((Alright time to start something...))

A scream pierced the woods. At that point, Aggron then noticed the purple dragon fly flying over the trees, with something, or someone rather, in his clutch.

"Damn, I was going to ask him what to do, too." Aggron sighed, "But maybe he's on my side and whomever is in his claws is what I'm supposed to be looking for."

He pondered over this, but stopped when he noticed a shape moving through the forest. Nay, running straight at him, actually. In the direction of the dragon.

"Whoa, wait, stop, please.", Aggron asked of whomever was running, "What's going on here?"

Meta Knight flinched when he heard another scream, only this time it was just a scream with no words. "I don't have time for you," he said before taking off above the forest, speeding past Storm and Valkyrie on the way. He had a vague idea of where it had come from. Gliding just above the ground, he stopped when he saw a huge dragon-creature holding a girl.

Storm swerved out of the way of Meta Knight, vaguely recognizing him.

"Hey, watch it," she yelled. "Some people have passengers, but you wouldn't know what that's like, head-thing." Valkyrie squinted down at the ground.

"Wait.." she started. "Isn't that Ridley? A Ridley? And in its' claws.. what is that? Moving?" Storm sighed.

"Always with the distractions," she muttered. "Well, it's your call, human. You want to go see..?" She faced the dragon-thing, Ridley or whatever, and laughed as Valkyrie screamed again. "Might as well get used to it, this is the way we get around from now on- whoa!" She pulled up sharply, and backpedalled furiously while trying to land.

"Another human.. Hey, hey," Storm yelled at Ridley, or the Ridley, or whatever. "Put the kid down. Now." Valkyrie looked over Storm's shoulder at the girl in the dragon's claw.

"We're warning you," she added, and earned a glare from Storm.

"We? What are you gonna do, fight him ten more times to get his scan data and-" she paused at Valkyrie's blank look. "Oh, never mind."

[why do I always get myself in situations like this

And MG I thought it was pretty obvious I was talking to my victim]

"Ah, but you see... Useful is such a varied term. And since Mother failed to tell me what she meant, it's not my fault if I interpret that to mean as long as you're a good meal." At the child's vague threats to herself, Ridley only laughed again. This laugh was a cruel one, mocking.

"Oh no, the larva refuses to speak! Oh, pity. It is not as if a race as advanced as the Space Pirates knows how to pry information directly from your skull... Painfully." And then the mention of backup. There was a look of glee in the dragon's eyes at this.

"Oh, you know the Hunter? Somehow I doubt it, but if you do... Please, please call her to me. I have debts I'd like settled, after all." It was then that what would be the first of an onslaught of attackers appeared- A large metal creature. Ridley scowled at it- At first he had taken it for a biological experiment to have escaped, and then he realized that the thing was actually alive without benefit of a stasis tank of some sort and still had intelligence. He was honestly surprised that it actually spoke, and began to reply before he heard something obviously hostile. Ridley turned, girl still in his grasp, towards the source of the voice. Another strange creature, and... Joy of joys! It carried a larva around. Two kills for the price of one.

"You know, I went into this mission thinking that it would actually take effort to hunt down these larva the Hand so despises." And with this, Ridley went into the offensive. His great wings flapped, sending him into the air, as he targeted the arrival which had the child. Flames poured from his mouth, and culminated in a fireball which he fired towards the creature that had challenged him.

"So far this day has proven to be a plesent surprise all around."

"Just shut-" Valkyrie started, and yelled again as Storm jumped to the side, quicker than she expected a big creature to move. Where they had been standing a second ago was a burnt patch of grass and plants, and Storm glared up at the Ridley, or Ridley.

"You think this is gonna be easy, then," she breathed, and her glare seemed to intensify. "Eagle Eye," Storm yelled, and two points of energy shot from her eyes, which expanded to shoot through Ridley's wings.

"Mach Impulse!" With a shake of her head, blades of wind shot towards Ridley's head.

Back
Top Bottom