• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Super Smash Bros.: The Outsiders (working title)

Oh, hey. Kate was actually right, in a weird sort of way. There was a person here, a little blue round creature, and a bird.. thing. Another person appeared a minute later. There was hope, maybe. They were trying to help, right? Still, she whimpered and tried not to throw up. Giant dragons.. she could sort of handle that, at least enough so to try and help herself. But, up in the air like this, she was getting too nauseous to do much at this point..

Link stopped running as he approached the dragon as well. He was panting heavily, clearly tired and almost totally out of breath. He'd heard that little girl screaming her head off and ran -almost the entire way- to where it was coming from. Probably not smart, or needed, in hindsight. There were more people here, or, rather, some odd-looking creatures, and another human child. But still.. what if they hadn't been there?
A dragon, of some kind. Bigger than any kind he'd run into before, but a dragon. He could deal with that. It was flying, holding the girl in one claw and had just breathed a fireball at one of the creatures, so he definitely couldn't use a sword to attack it just yet. Oh well. He aimed an arrow at what would be the most obvious weak point, the dragon's eye. Strapped to it was a small black sphere. A bomb arrow. It would detonate on impact, assuming it hit. While he was sure his aim was perfect, Ridley was flying, so it could easily miss. But.. another thought. If they succeeded in killing Ridley (That was it's name, right?) then she'd fall with it. Though, that other creature had wings. Okay.
Focus on Ridley, worry about it later. Ignore everything else..
Actually, new plan. Throwing almost everything he was carrying on the ground, he ran (Ugh..) closer to it, calculating how far it was off the ground, exactly, and if it was too far to use the hookshot. Getting the child back safely was the top priority, but impossible if he wasn't closer.. which meant more problems, namely being able to move quickly enough to do anything. But, without the weight of all the things he was carrying, that was no longer a problem, and maybe he could avoid actually getting attacked himself. If Ridley just stepped on him, or any of the other creatures.. splat. Dead.

Last edited:
It doesn't even know I'm here... pity. thought Meta Knight as he reached for his cape. Pulling it over him, he disappeared momentarily before reappearing on Ridley's back. Galaxia now in hand, he pulled it back, preparing to ram it into his spine.

"Let go of the child!"

"Child?", Aggron asked himself.

Child... child...?, he pondered, Oh! I'm looking for... children with no real powers! Well, at least, I hope I'm right...

He looked up. Now there was a small metal ball riding Ridley's back. Unable to do anything about that, he turned his attention back the ground. There was a green-clad warrior nearby. He was staring up at Ridley.

Stomping over, "You're not going to try and get that... child out of his grasp, are you?", he asked, trying to sound threatening.

Link turned his attention momentarily to the big metal.. creature. It didn't particularly worry him. At least, it was considerably smaller than Ridley.
"You're not going to try and get that... child out of his grasp, are you?"
Wow. Just.. wow. Completely unfazed by its threatening tone, he gave him a very annoyed look that sent the obvious message; Well, duh? Had he been anyone else, he probably would have added a few very sarcastic words, or perhaps insults relating to its intelligence and the like. But, he was Link, and not exactly famous for his witty remarks and comebacks. ..Or any other kind, for that matter.
It was probably going to attack him now, since it clearly wasn't trying to help. Oh well. He looked back at Ridley, appearing to completely ignore the Aggron.
Another idea would be to shoot as many arrows as possible at its claw in the hopes that it would drop the child, but that was stupid. She'd probably get hit and die, or, alternatively, actually be dropped and fall to her death. Yes, using the hookshot somehow to get to her would probably work better..

Last edited:
"Well, I'm afraid I can't let you do that.", Aggron continued, "The big hand's orders and all. No hard feelings."

At the end of the last sentence, he swiftly whirled around, swinging his tail at Link.

"I hear something up ahead," Mecha Sonic said, "I suggest we head there quickly."

The duo quickly flew forward before reaching the scene of a battle between a dragon, a swordsman, and a giant metal creature. Dimentio spotted at least one small human in the mix.

"Well, well." Mecha said, "Things just got more interesting

He'd expected that. Nothing was ever simple.. of course the Aggron was going to attack. Link's first instinct was to grab his shield and block the attack, before realizing that it, along with most of his other equipment, was sitting on the ground a good 15-20 feet away. At this point, there was no time left to do anything but to duck, covering his head and neck with his arms. Not exactly heroic-looking, but when he was hit, he didn't end up getting completely decapitated, or a concussion. Still, he was knocked over, hitting the ground very, very hard. Dazed, it took him a few seconds to to able to think anything at all. Then he got back up, drawing his sword. While the blade was pointed at the metal creature, ready to attack, he clearly did not want to, even after it did.
"You don't have to obey the Hand's orders. Is the murder of a defenseless little girl really worth it? A harmless child that has done nothing wrong to us? How do you know it's the right thing to do?", he asked this very softly, in a voice that was clearly almost never used. He actually seemed surprised by it.

Meanwhile, Kate started to struggle again. Maybe with all the creatures attacking it, it would actually drop her. But then when it did, she'd fall a million feet down and go splat..
Don't think about it.. they can fly, they'll help you..
Down below, a shiny metal dinosaur thing was attacking one of the people there. (Actually, she sort of recognized them both from.. somewhere..) That wasn't good. There were more bad creatures, not just Ridley?!
Though it seemed impossible, she was even more scared.

Last edited:
Aggron was about to viciously slash at Link, but paused his claws at the Hylian's words.

"I'm going to have to do so if I want to live.", Aggron replied, "I mean, unless you can prove to me that these outsiders aren't going to disrupt the entire world, I can't say they're innocent."

He looked up to see Ridley now fighting some other flying creature. Again, he couldn't do anything about that.

"And what do you intend on doing?", Aggron asked, "You can't possibly reach them, and I'm not about to let you try."

Watching to see if Ridley spotted her, Storm nudged Valkyrie again.

"I can't put you down unless you can turn invisible or camouflage," she paused, and smirked. "Thought so. I recommend holding on tight, we're going up now." Valkyrie shut her eyes tightly; Storm would be sure to throw in a backflip or two just to scare her-

As if she imagined what Valkyrie was thinking, Storm flicked her with the edge of her blades. "I won't play around with you now, we have a useless kid to save," she assured her, and leapt off the ground.

Valkyrie looked at the ground and found she could look down without screaming now. "Alright, let's get- hey!" Storm had dropped suddenly, to fire another Eagle Eye up at the base of the Ridley's arm.

"Don't distract the Halsemon while she fires pinpoint bursts of explosive energy at the enemy," Storm snapped.

"Not worried about you. Just him, mostly."
He looked up at the flying dragon's claw. Inside was a tiny, struggling figure; a little red-hair girl, her face turning pink. It was hard to see much else. She apparentlydidn't see him.
"Even if they did, it isn't on purpose, isn't their fault. They're small and weak.. helpless. Scared. Look.. she's crying. Isn't that proof?"
Apparently, that was the last of him talking for a while, the way he said it. Link backed away from Aggron slowly, then turned away. He honestly didn't care if he/it attacked. He looked up again. Hmm.. the hookshot could just barely reach Ridley's elbow. He pulled the trigger, aimed, and fired. The hook sailed high through the air towards his mark. Well, he'd know if this worked or not in a minute, depending on if he found himself in the air or not, with a possibly-dislocated shoulder. In retrospect, this was probably going to be painful.. but who cared, as long as it actually worked?
((Lalala, wish PMW would post soon~))

Last edited:
((Hey guys, please don't make multiple attacks before PMW can reply. This is already a gang fight as is, don't make it even more one-sided.))

Ah, to be constantly under fire... Just like old times.

The two energy blasts hit his wings- But these were wings that had been hit by military grade missiles. The two little blasts of energy did nothing but leave light burn marks on the wing membrane, and Ridley laughed. His laugh was cut short and morphed into a cry of pain as he suddenly felt a stabbing pain in his back. Arching his head to look, Ridley hissed. Some creature had jabbed a blade in his back, up to the hilt. Aside from the intial burst of pain from the stab itself, there was a dull while the blade was still in. Ridley frankly did not notice as the wind attack rush over his face.

It was at this point more blasts of energy were fired towards him- And these pinged against his well armored hide. At this point, Ridley grew tired of the proceedings, and folded his wings together. The dragon dropped like a stone to the ground, which served to dodge the bomb arrow and possibly dismount the creature that clung to his back. As he impacted the ground, the pure force of it radiated out in a short-range shockwave which would forcibly throw any who weren't well anchored off their feet. He still stubornly grasped the girl in his hand, and he sighed.

"I really did not wish to do this... Mother, if you are listening in to the battle I'd advise you stop for a few seconds." And with this, Ridley let out a scream. It was a loud, extremly high-pitched sound, at a force and volume that was designed to be literally painful. It would feel as if knives were being driven into the ears of all who were listening, and it would cause the head to ring and the pain to continue to exist long after the sound was over. For a full minute Ridley kept up the scream, until he finally closed his maw and cut it short.

"You lot are starting to get on my nerves... And that is not something beneficial to you in any way, shape, nor form."

((But Meta Knight doesn't have any ears))

Ridley's sudden impact with the ground made Meta Knight have to grip his sword tightly in order to stay on. It had been shaken loose considerably from that, but it was still in. Pulling it all the way out, the blade now covered in slime and blood, he tried making his way towards the head. But before he could get there, the creature began to emit a high-pitched cry, which was so booming and painful he couldn't help but back away.

"If you give me... the human... I won't hurt you..." It was difficult to form a coherent sentence the way his head was throbbing (which, when you're almost all head, is saying something), but even then he made sure he said "me" rather than "us". He had no idea what any of their intentions were, even the ones that were attacking Ridley.

Storm screeched and fell back to the ground, careful to keep Valkyrie above her so she wouldn't be crushed. Valkyrie also appeared to be in pain, recoiling from the metallic screech.

"Valkyrie," Storm hissed, pointing with her underused arm. "Go over there, I won't be able to carry you." Valkyrie quickly hopped off Storm's back, and watched in fascination as Storm started to glow white. "Halsemon digivolve to Silphymon," she said quietly, and where the quadrupedal bird was standing before, a humanoid with wings was standing.
((Silphymon!))

"You digivolved?" Valkyrie hissed back, unable to make any loud sounds, or she felt her ears would explode.

"No way," Storm muttered, her voice a bit deeper, and her ears flicked. "I'm not sure if I can fly now," she commented, stretching her clawed feet. "I haven't been Silphymon for a while. Stay there and hide in the bushes." Without waiting for a response, again, Storm jumped up to land on Ridley's forearm, and dug her front and back claws in.

"Put the girl down. There's a good bunch of us now, and we can evenly take you on." She wasn't sure how much of that was a bluff or not, since there did seem to be a lot of others around, but if they were on her side or not was a mystery.

Mecha shut off his audio receptors to block out the dragon's scream, while Dimentio temporarily teleported out of range of the noise.

"How... uncivilized, like a barbarian swarm," Dimentio said, "I think it's time we show our hand. And by that, I mean wait here while I assess the situation."

Mecha started to object, but the clown had already teleported right next to the dragon.

"Salutations, my purple and winged friend," he said, "Might I inquire on what is happening right here?"

Last edited:
((A lot of us don't have ears.))

A wave of energy threw the ground below Aggron's feet. He was about to fall, but managed to stay up thanks to a group of trees in front of him. Shaken, a piercing shiek hit him hard. The shrill noise rang on and on in his throbbing head even after it stopped.

Aggron turned his head in the general direction of Ridley, his vision somewhat out of focus, and shouted, "I'm on your side, just letting you know!"

He couldn't quite hear himself shout, the ringing hadn't died out yet. Not that it would matter, folks here weren't the nicest.

Galaxia is a barbed sword- Pulling it out caused more damage than pushing it in did originally. The pain was pushing Ridley's rage over the edge, and in this state he temporarily forgot about the girl. Ridley thus tightened his grip until he felt resistance- and with that reminder he eased off only slightly.

"You think injury is enough to scare me? I have been to the realm of death more times than one." With this Ridley began gathering flames in his mouth again... Flames that instantly extinguished as some... Thing grabbed onto his free arm. With a hiss, Ridley responded to its cry.

"You think that the two of you can equal me, do you? Let us see about that." And with that, Ridley lept up in the air. At the height of his jump he spread his wings to fly higher, in such a way as to attempt to shake Meta Knight off. As he did so, the Space Dragon glared at the creature that had hold of his arm, and then angled himself downwards... Before shooting like a bullet towards the ground. At high speed he impacted the ground again, with his free arm angled so that the Digimon would take the brunt of the blow. It did not render him invulnurable- Ridley lost feeling in his arm. He may have broken it- It didn't matter. It dislodged the foul creature. As the dragon caught his breath, yet another annoyance appeared near his head. Flames flicked again from his mouth as he prepared to blast it, but it identified itself as an ally. After sending the ball of fire towards his landing site, Ridley spoke.

"I found one of the human larva. Apparently they are every bit as much trouble as the Hand said they were... This one inadvertantly summoned all these here heroic types." Ridley spat out the word "heroic" with hatred.

"If I had not been ordered otherwise I would slaughter this one here and now." With this he nudged his head towards the child he held still in his grasp. Weather it was still concious or not, Ridley did not care.

Link wasn't exactly sure what just happened, but the next thing he was aware of, he thrown backwards on the ground once again, ears ringing painfully. At some point he'd lost the hookshot. Crap. Oh well, he'd get it back later.
His head hurt from falling so much, being tired in general, and Ridley's scream, which made everything sound a little weird, even still. Disoriented, he got up and kept going, shooting several more exploding arrows on different spots on the dragon's injured arm, hoping to hurt him enough to drop the girl. He was probably getting too close, in danger of being actually attacked or accidentially blowing himself up, but apparently didn't notice or care. He wanted to attack with the Master sword, but getting close enough to do so, and being able to hit a spot that would actually cause damage wasn't really possible, given that he couldn't fly, like everyone else here. Link knew he was getting very frustrated with this whole fight. Even though it was many against one very big enemy, he still didn't seem very hurt, at least, not enough so to drop the child. She appeared to be barely conscious. But still, getting mad was dangerous. It made you do rash, if not outright stupid things. But he didn't care, at all.

It was so loud here.. and Kate felt even sicker, dizzy from how fast he had been flying towards the ground to get rid of one of the good creatures. At one point, she couldn't breathe from being squeezed way too hard, and was positive something had gotten broken in the process, but she didn't have any way to know, and didn't want to. He finally stopped to talk to.. that metal creature. If only she could actually fight back or had some means of actually escaping by herself. Tired and confused, she was still struggling, but barely. Kate could sort of tell that she wasn't going to be able to stay awake and even slightly alert much longer.

Last edited:
((Hey, Dimentio was kind of talking to Ridley. Also, "telephoned out of range". X3))

As Ridley suddenly took off, Meta Knight went tumbling off of him and hit the ground below with a THUD. Somehow getting back on his feet, he took a few running steps and spread his wings, leaping off the ground with one hard flap. A couple more and he was beginning to ascend. Swerving in Ridley's direction, he prepared to give chase.

((Uh, we'll get back to Seth in a moment.))

Aggron's focus shifted back to Link, who went back to shooting at Ridley. Aggron's eyes seemed to work again, his vision wasn't so blurry now. The ringing subsided a lot, as well. Feeling better, he ran at Link, and brought down one set of claws after another onto him.

Back
Top Bottom