• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Smash Mafia for TCoD - Game Thread

Can confirm that I also took 30% damage last night, and all I used was my recovery. I suppose it's worth pointing out that Villager's final smash has a sort of suction effect in-game, but doing 30% to each player seems a bit excessive, so I don't think that's what happened.

So.
We can probably assume that whatever caused this universal 30% was the mafia.
Also, I think that the night actions in this game are based exclusively on players' special moves, not their smash attacks.
I propose we look to the characters and their descriptions to figure out who's responsible.

I see two options. Option one is Robin (RespectTheBlade), with his neutral special, Thoron. That attack would be capable of hitting multiple targets, and it would also explain why this giant 30% only happened on Night 2 - Thunder (Robin's neutral special) needs to charge up and become progressively more powerful, from Thunder to Elthunder to Arcthunder to finally Thoron, which is a large beam that passes through enemies - thus, it could function as a hit-all. If the charging aspect is incorporated in RTB's role, then it would make a lot of sense why this waited until night 2 to happen, and I can also see its base damage of 10% per person being raised to 30% for balancing purposes by MF.

The other possibility I can see is Mega Man (hopeandjoy) with her final smash last night. The attack actually occurs in two parts; first, the Black Hole Bomb, and then the mega laser. If MF opted to space these two aspects across two nights, then the one-night delay would make sense. To support this theory, the attack's base damage is as follows: 3% from the black hole, and a steadily-increasing 27% from the beam (totaling 30%), and then an instant 10% more as knockback as the beam ends. For balance purposes, because dealing 40% with knockback to all players would be terribly powerful, I could easily see MF removing that last bit of damage and knockback, making it just a damage racker-upper.

I would like there to be more discussion today. I'm going to accuse RespectTheBlade of being on the RED TEAM, and of lying about taking 30% last night (because everyone else said so and he had the opportunity to bandwagon at the end).

I'd also like to tentatively ask for more detail about Phantom's power of revealing those who target her, and if anyone else has any inspection roles in some way.

So.
The other possibility I can see is Mega Man (hopeandjoy) with her final smash last night. The attack actually occurs in two parts; first, the Black Hole Bomb, and then the mega laser. If MF opted to space these two aspects across two nights, then the one-night delay would make sense. To support this theory, the attack's base damage is as follows: 3% from the black hole, and a steadily-increasing 27% from the beam (totaling 30%), and then an instant 10% more as knockback as the beam ends. For balance purposes, because dealing 40% with knockback to all players would be terribly powerful, I could easily see MF removing that last bit of damage and knockback, making it just a damage racker-upper.

Except for the fact that I was the first person to report the damage and that I passed on the Smash Ball.

So.
We can probably assume that whatever caused this universal 30% was the mafia.
Also, I think that the night actions in this game are based exclusively on players' special moves, not their smash attacks.
I propose we look to the characters and their descriptions to figure out who's responsible.

I see two options. Option one is Robin (RespectTheBlade), with his neutral special, Thoron. That attack would be capable of hitting multiple targets, and it would also explain why this giant 30% only happened on Night 2 - Thunder (Robin's neutral special) needs to charge up and become progressively more powerful, from Thunder to Elthunder to Arcthunder to finally Thoron, which is a large beam that passes through enemies - thus, it could function as a hit-all. If the charging aspect is incorporated in RTB's role, then it would make a lot of sense why this waited until night 2 to happen, and I can also see its base damage of 10% per person being raised to 30% for balancing purposes by MF.

I would like there to be more discussion today. I'm going to accuse RespectTheBlade of being on the RED TEAM, and of lying about taking 30% last night (because everyone else said so and he had the opportunity to bandwagon at the end).

I'd also like to tentatively ask for more detail about Phantom's power of revealing those who target her, and if anyone else has any inspection roles in some way.

But like, dude... Light also targeted Phantom last night and we haven't heard anything from him since then.

Also, as MF has confirmed, your choice of character does not affect the major parts of your role. I think absolutely anyone could have had that 30% attack everyone thing.

24-hour time extension.

I suppose I should also clarify that any attack's damage specs in this game were designed for internal balance with no strict basis on the actual damage the moves deal in Smash.

Although Superbird is right in the fact that Thoron seems to be one of the most obvious things that might be able to damage every player, he forgot to take into account the fact that we don't get all of our moves. I'm only able to use Arcfire, Elwind, and Nosferatu, along with my final smash. None of my attacks are capable of hitting more than one player.

The late post is due to an annoying shakespeare essay I was writ- AHEM I mean I was fighting Risen. ( No, but seriously. Homework is terrible.)

I'm suspicious of Light as well. I'd like to know what he has to say.

I don't know too much about the actual moves people have, since ... noting again, I've never played it. I'll vote Light based on the silence aspect, though. That's suspicious.

Sorry for the inactivity; I've had a lot of things going on, too.

Yes, the silence is making me wary of Light as well. Hopefully we'll be able to get some discussion from him before he's lynched, though.

I don't have any inspection moves, but I can prevent attacks on another player if I see it coming, launching and damaging the assailant in the process. Which I guess is kind of helpful?

Yes, I did use my up special. Anyone who's targetted me when I use it takes damage, plus I learn who they are.

Eifie makes sense.

Wargle.. I dont think so.

the bw is real. Except I think it has a legitimate reason this time. Has Light even posted... like... at all? If he has, I'm not recalling anything terribly informing.

by ignore the last part you mean over look the accusation No. This is a bad thing to say. Get it together Cap. We've got a war to fight.

The Hero of Time took charge of the discussion once more, but this time, he pointed his sword in different directions -- towards Lucina, Captain Falcon and Dark Pit. The triple accusation sparked some quite heated discussion between the battered battlers.

"I was only trying to protect you!"
"But Lucina, how can you expect to protect Link if you can't even protect yourself?"
"Robin, I swear to Naga-"
"FALCON EXPLAIN!"

In time, the Smashers quickly noticed that, despite being accused, Dark Pit seemed to have nothing to say for himself. He'd been oddly reticent, and defensive whenever adressed, ever since the very first discussion. Desperate for answers and increasingly suspicious, they conclude, en masse, that the twisted angel must be on the enemy team.

Captain Falcon himself does the honors, throwing Dark Pit towards the edge of the stage and then preparing to attack.

"Any last words?"
"Well, how about these: fuck you and your 'worst character in Smash' polls!"

And then there was a high-power airborne kneecap smash, knockback, and a fall that no amount of flight could avert, Pandora-powered or no.

Player 11 defeated! He was Green Team (self-aligned).

48 hours for night actions.

Charizard has the Smash Ball!

wb9gs8.png

(P.S.: Everyone's supposed to restore 5% damage at the beginning of each night, but I've completely forgotten about this rule up until now. I'm applying it anyway, but in the interest of keeping the amount of times I have to PM every single player to a minimum, just dock 5% off your current counter for each Night when you were not at 0%. If you really can't be bothered, well, don't worry too much -- this will be accounted for by the time you get your next night update. And in case anyone's wondering, no, there haven't been any KOs that would have been averted or caused by me forgetting about this up until now.)

It feels peaceful in the roster without Dark Pit. Almost as if he was never meant to be there to begin with.

Although there's somebody out there who just won't calm down.
I'm really peeling it!

Nonetheless, discussion begins anew.

No one has been defeated.

48 hours for discussion.

wb9gs8.png

Oh...kay. Didn't take any damage last night, so that's good.
I wonder if Light was the only one on Green, and if there's a Yellow, too. Makes the game a bit more interesting, certainly.

I didn't take any damage last night. RE: Light, since he was self-allied, I assume he was the only member of the Green Team. Interesting that alinement happened to match characters in this case.

So I took damage again, and somehow my move failed and I didn't learn who targetted me. So I'm looking at Wargle now. And Eifie, despite the sense their explanation made.

But... why the people who targeted you the night before last, and not like, anyone else? (Besides, if we assume Light was responsible for the 30% damage that you took before, wouldn't that be proof that we didn't damage you at all when we targeted you? Although I'm still skeptical about Wargle's mysteriously disappearing damage that was supposed to happen, but didn't.)

Back
Top Bottom