• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 8 - GAME OVER]

Re: Tales of Symphonia Evolution Mafia [DAY 1]

Rank 1: Vanilla
Rank 2: Nerf'd Standard Role
Rank 3: Standard Role
Rank 4: Standard Role with More Benefits
Rank 5: "God-Tier"

...hey, Kratos, those god-tiers were clearly inspired by Homestuck.

As it stands now, no, I do not intend to count lynch votes as contributory on their own, especially given the propensity for idiotic bandwagoning (not saying that much of that has happened here so far, but in general).

@Karkat: 8ahahahahahahahaha, no, that's just a coincidence. ::::)

I'm sticking with my vote, I liek Squirtles, innocent at the moment or not, is worthless to the game. Besides I don't think I want someone who's going to announce that on the side of innocence.

Aaaaah I am here Jesus Christ three pages of discussion, really guys? I'm very excited about this game - I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed Kratos' ridiculously gory depictions of how people died in the night D

I guess I have to vote for I Liek Squirtles too, since at this point there's really no compelling reason not to o.o

I meant specifics. Like the the vigilante and serial killer might all have similar powers at their respective levels (vanilla / chance of killing or dying if they target certain people / normal accuracy or unrestricted killing / kill through protections / ???, going by what you said) and doctors are probably nearly identical (vanilla / chance of healing / healing with perfect accuracy / healing without clashes, maybe), etc. We know at least the basics of the roles, so they wouldn't be total shots in the dark, and more likely than not at least someone can be amused when we're totally off-track.

... Are we assuming everyone has an equal amount of ranks? Since we established we have different post requirements, well.

Since Karkat is vig, I am assuming god-tier rank means killing through doctor-heals and roleblocks, eh?

Not everyone has a god-tier rank, I'd say ("The precise number of evolutions may vary between roles, but a basic progression looks like this: vanilla player > weak power role > standard power role > advanced power role."), but some of the most important roles might. The vigilante apparently does, so a serial killer might (okay, so maybe Dexter made me equate vigilantes and serial killers more than I should), and maybe the doctors. Maybe the inspector has a final level that means they won't be fooled by the framer/alien/terrorist and rolestopper/serial killer as a final, but that could be either god- or just advanced-level. A god-tier power could be actually determining the person's role, maybe, or they could just not have one, etc.

Karkat Vantas (assuming we trust him; I suppose we may as well, since he'll likely die soon if he's truthful) mentioned his role progression already:
vanilla > kill (killing two innocents results in his suicide) > killing without guilt > killing through roleblocks > ??? (god-tier is apparently not revealed to him)
So maybe that just adds immunity to doctors (unless doctor god-tiers counters that immunity - could be interesting, whomever has the most posts amongst them has priority (not going to happen because more counting)) or other stuff. Not killing them if they wouldn't inspect as mafia, possibly. idk.

... Are we assuming everyone has an equal amount of ranks? Since we established we have different post requirements, well.

No, most people have four ranks, while a few have a fifth rank.
Also, Squirtles for above reasons. Learn from your mistakes, and you will eventually come out victorious. Also, Rule #1 of being an Alien, Don't reveal that you're an Alien.

I'd assume the power roles (inspector, vig, doctor, Wonder Chef, etc.) would have five ranks, while the niche roles (alien deactivator, doublevoter) would have four.

Well, four was sort of listed as the standard, so maybe it's more like most roles have four and it's just the special ones that have five. Niche roles might be more likely to have three.

Kratos said that different roles have varying ranks, so a role with three is definately possible.

Although he did list it before as having four progressions, so I would think it would be added, not subtracted.

I start at rank 1 and can go up to 5.

Niche roles could probably go up to 3; vanilla -> doubleboter -> triplevoter (!), for example.

...even if there was the potential for someone to get killed night 0, who would use it on a greenhorn like Squirts? I certainly wouldn't... I'd probably go for Syl or Wargle or maybe some other player.

...come to think of it, 'twas quite savvy of the mafia to off Negrek night zero, when there were no healers.

Wait why off me I cal shenanigans!!

Seriously thought, I thought over the Alien situation, how could the alien progress in ranks? Maybe just Vanilla --> Chance of Activation --> Always Activated/Bigger Chance of Activating --> Immunity to Deactovation/Always Activated?

Ok really do we even know what the Wonder Chef does I mean Karkat you're already guessing ti's rank numbers but how do we know if its useful?

You play mafia pretty often, that's why. Anyway, I'd think they'd always be activated when they're targeted, no matter what rank they are.

Seriously thought, I thought over the Alien situation, how could the alien progress in ranks? Maybe just Vanilla --> Chance of Activation --> Always Activated/Bigger Chance of Activating --> Immunity to Deactovation/Always Activated?

Are we right in assuming that, generally, the third stage is the 'regular' role? If so, the third stage would be the Alien as we know it in other games, and the step up from that being Immunity to Deactivation makes a lot of sense.

But it looks like we won't have to worry about it, so.

Alright alright, HERE is why I liek Squirtles can be useful if he's Emil:

I'm Marta, the alien deactivator. (although I am male..) Right now I am on Level 3, where if he is activated he will be deactivated, and if he is not activated he won't be activated. On Level 2 if he's not activated and I use the power, there's a 50% chance of his being activated. Good thing I progressed past that.

On Level 4, at 18 posts, if he is activated, I can deactivate him and turn him into a "Prince of Her Dreams", an innocent role. I wasn't informed of any useful parts of that role besides the fact that we can communicate. Unfortunately, right now I only have 11 posts.

So I'd like to try that out. I think it might be useful not to lynch him and see what would happen if I turned him into that role, but what do you guys think?

By the way, this is another example of how the third stage is pretty much the "normal stage". I only have four stages, though.

It sounds a lot like a lover role, just going by the name - I haven't played Tales of Symphonia so I don't know if there's supposed to be a romance or anything between those characters (or if most people would be "omg NO" at the concept) - and I don't know that someone who'd roleclaim unactivated alien would really be so helpful. Or if you'd want your life tied to his, particularly since that would just paint targets on you for the serial killer as well as the mafia. Besides, if you die, we'd be thrown into the same doubt as normally leaving a known alien alive.

Besides that, are you certain all of your posts would be considered sufficiently contributory to get to lv 3 in one night? I'm sure half of mine are mostly spammy, for instance, and we don't really know how strict Kratos will be.

I emerge in the midst of this confusion, and I come bearing a replacement for Keltena. My friend tehSR has agreed to step in and take her place from here on out. I'll be sending him Keltena's PM in a moment, and then he'll join the player list and can start chatting it up with you lovely people. Play nice with him, now. By which I mean carry on being confusing and noisy before someone tries to kill him.

Thanks again, SR. :)

Back
Top Bottom