• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tales of TCoD OOC/Signup thread

Elfin

feeling nostalgic
NOTE: This is not my RP. It's Midnight's. I just got to make the OOC because I'm cool like that.

The year is 2012. All is peaceful in the Cave of Dragonflies.. however, not all is well. There are some out there who desire the end of TCoD. Butterfree seems to have disappeared, and meanwhile they have taken the opportunity to act; by taking control of three of the mods and other users, and are now hiding in an unknown location in the forums. Three groups of TCoD members have set out to track them down.. But will they succeed?

Rules-
•No godmoding
-Exceptions are the three party leaders who may have a semi-godmod, it must have a way to be canceled though.
•Unless with permission, no side quests
• Rated PG-13. Keep it that way or else.

Form.

Name: (Your username, obviously)
Sex:(Rather straight-forward)
Appearance:
Personality:

Powers: (Please keep it reasonable.)
Pets: (optional, no overpowered)
Relationship: (optional)
Group: One of the three good groups, or the evil group.

My form:
Name: Evoli (Who else?)
Sex: Female
Appearance: Just a plain, harmless-looking kid with black hair and greenish eyes.. except for the hard-to-miss Marill ears and tail. Is quite literally always wearing a sweatshirt of some form, mittens with happy-faces on all the fingers, bunny slippers, and what appears to be fluffy pajama bottoms. Thanks to her quasi-addiction to tea, she always carries around a thermos of tea. As previously stated, all this adds up to someone that appears completely... harmless.
Personality: She (I?) talks far too much and rarely takes anything seriously, joking around about anything and everything. She appears friendly and cheerful, even while doing obviously evil things. Extremely paranoid and rarely stays in one place, which is one of the reasons why she hasn't been found yet.
Powers: Somewhat-limited mind control
Pets: A small Eevee named Eric. No abilities or skills of note.
Relationship: Maybe, when people sign up.
Group: Evil!

Last edited:
Name: Midnight Silver
Sex: Male
Appearance: Silver hair, Lightly tanned skin, Almost always seen hearing a black hoodie with a pentagon on the back and sleeves, and black sweats with a chain attached to the hip. Also has a glove with silver plates on the knuckles.
Personality: PO
Powers: Time freezing, However he gets weaker the longer he holds it.
Pets: A small raven named Aikou
Relationship: Evoli if it's ok. Plot twists galore! xD
Group: good team one leader.

By the way... We need three people to play mods... You may be the mod of your choice... One good and two evil~

Gasp! Drama! Okay, sure. If RandomTyphoon joins, is our "characters" being friends sort of a given? Oh, and Typhoon; Eric's kinda a nod to E. In case you didn't get it. xD

Last edited:
Holy crap. Yay!

Name:RandomTyphoon, or RT to the locals.

Sex:Legally, I can't,but screw that-*shot*Female

Appearance:Olivish skin, Latino origin. Quite tall and lanky, around 5'3. Thick eyebrows. Black-brown hair, like dark chocolate. Walks with a limp. A goofish kid usually wearing these magneta-rimmed glasses, coffee-brown eyes, an Everybody Lies gray T-shirt, really old white sneakers, a moose hat. *yes, a hat with antlers* a labcoat with the phrase, "There'd be bananahammocks EVERYWHERE!" on the back, and a pair of weathered jeans. Oh yeah, and she aparently has a Wartortle tail. Or something. She also carries a bottle of Coca-Cola around, and usually takes a swig when she's bored, or..y'know,thirsty. T_T

Personality: She is quite goofy at times, but is somewhat of a loner. She analyses everything and despite her age, can have a sophisticed talk with an adult, quite casually. However, she has the complete opposite of an ego: She really doesn't care.
Has a tad too much sarcasm for her own good. Also quotes various TV shows. Too much. Sometimes has this mindless,drifty look on her. And yes, her mind is wandering, and she usually ends this with some kind or random phrase.

Powers:Weilds a knifewrench. Which is really a sharpish knife taped to a wrench. That can be used to clunk people in the head. Also has the Random Thoughts- a power in which the possessor can summon very random, and usually ironic items from the sky. Beware making puns around her, since they will usually become visual. And by visual, I mean it'll happen. o_O

Pets:A Charmeleon named Hugh, *Yes, Voli. Hugh's part Charmi.[/insidejoke]* who she can understand, and most other people. Strangley, he has a British accent.

Relationship:WTF? Define relationship, because she is good friends with Voli. But...love? Nuuuu.T_T

Group:Good. Her life's on here, hell, she ain't giving it up. Group of second-age.

*And yes, I got it. Hugh really is part-Charizard, but..yeah. xD*

Last edited:
You can have both weapon and power if you want.

And by the way... There are three groups...
Team one: Leader = midnight = games areas
Team two: Leader = flora = art
Team three: Leader = exo-raikou = Non-pokemon
Each team will be searching a diff area.

Evil = evoli = ?

Yay!!!

Name: Blastoise Fourtouate (Called Blast)
Sex: Yes, please Male
Appearance: Blast has dark brown hair and medium blue eyes, and has a rather average build for someone his age. His glasses, with rounded-rectangular frames, are usually rather low on his nose, and Blast is forever taking them off and cleaning them.

Personality: PO
Powers: Telekinesis over all forms of water, and ability to hold breath for a long time.
Pets: A blue glow/goo/plasma that can change its shape but not color or size.
Relationship: *open*
Group: Good? EDIT: Flora's party.

Last edited:
Add personality please! Or just P/O

After that both excepted.

Btw evoli PM me with where you going to be hiding.

Name: Exo-Raikou, otherwise known as Exo
Sex: Male
Appearance: Eyes have turned red, so he generally keeps up a hood to conceal this. He wears a black cloak with jagged red markings, and his fingers are somewhat clawlike
Personality: I'm going to say Played out for this one.
Powers: He is able to exude energy from his hands, and can do so in high or low amounts. However, he can only release a certain amount every twenty-four hours.
Pets: A black Skorupi he calls Scorponok
Group: I believe I was given permission to become leader of one of the good groups

Name: Dragon
Sex: No thanks Female
Appearance: Around 5'2", average, and wears a black jacket over a red shirt and baggy brown pants. She has black feathered wings.
Personality: PO'd.
Powers: Minor shapeshifting, she can turn into anything her size or less.
Pets: A large dog-sized dragon, named Storm. She is completely black, with feathered wings.
Relationship: *TBBBPT*
Group: Uh, group twooo.

By the by, anyone who led the Art forum would have to be a peppered artist, and I don't recall seeing Flora with an actual art thread. That is, not sprites. Maybe I just haven't looked hard enough.

But I maaaay consider joining, considering I've been dying to play as myself. >>

Name: Black Yoshi 99 (AKA, Yoshi)
Sex: Dear god, no Male
Appearence:A little on the short side with unruly brown hair, and hazel eyes. Wears dark jeans, random t-shirts (Usually with snowboarding jokes on them) , and one of many jackets in posession. (A red ski jacket, a green sports jacket, a black hoody with a red spider on it, and a Navy Blue fleece. Sometimes an orange fleece sweater.)
Personality: Pretty much a simple dork, who makes horrible attempts at jokes, and sometimes acts very strange and hyper, and sometimes very quiet and shut in. It depends on how the day has gone.
Powers: Summoning Pepsi from the dirt Slightly enhanced speed
Pets: A pug named Amos A Lucario named Xhan (That is HIS wierd name.)
Group: Numero two.

Name: Flora and Ashes
Sex: Asexual Female
Appearance: Flora has shoulder length dark-brown hair and bright blue eyes. She usually wears a dark green shirt and jeans, with white sneakers.
Personality: Flora's a bit eccentric for a leader; she's very hyperactive and loves to joke around. Even so, she knows when to be serious.
Powers: Has slight control over fire
Pets: a Pachirisu named Hibana
Group: Headin' up the good people's art group.

I thought I was supposed to be evil.

Heh, I'd be 18 when this happens. ^^ Actually seventeen and six months.

Also @Zora: I can't help it if my drawing sucks.

I've filled out a form; can I be second in command at least? Someone needs to head the regular art. >>

EDIT:

Name: Call her Zora if you value your life. There's only one person allowed to call her anything else.

Sex: Female

Appearance: Bright, vivid red hair (Similar to this) and green eyes. Wears a lavender bandanna over her forehead, and thick, red-rimmed glasses. She is pale and average-weight, her height being about 5'7". Usually wears a tight-fit pink tanktop with blue around the edges that cuts off around her midriff, regular jeans, white gym shoes with purple patterns and a violet vest. When raging, she may grin rather insanely, which would reveal canine teeth larger than a human's should be.

Personality: She's got two sides, which vary by the day. One side is cheery and sociable, and she can often be found singing to herself and dancing on these days. The other side turns her into an antisocial snarky bitch with a violent streak and animalistic tendencies. However, no matter what mood she's in, she will stop at nothing to kill anyone who betrays her trust. Evoli falls into this category. Her mood also depends greatly on the song currently playing on her iPod when she's listening to it. She's addicted to it.

Powers: Her pink sparkly magic pencil is both her weapon and her power. She has the ability to summon anything she can draw, but with limitations. She can only summon living creatures (Her OC's, dragons and certain Pokemon) and weapons for half an hour, and must wait fifteen minutes before summoning again. She also can only summon an allotted number of times a day, the number depending on her mood.
She also carries around a poolstick, which unscrews to reveal a cattle prod.

Pets: A kitsune named Chimani

Relationship: One, but not only do I highly doubt he'll join this, but she doesn't talk about him to anyone she doesn't trust.

Group: Artist group, plz. Second in Command.

Last edited:
Name: Animorph
Sex: Male.
Appearance: Tall, slightly stocky, with pale skin and some freckles. Dark blue eyes, with rusty brown hair. He usually wears blue jeans and long sleeve sueded shirts. He carries a bookbag with water, a notebook, and a couple of Terry Pratchet nobels at all thems.
Personality: Animorph is a bit of an oddball, thinking of odd things in the amidst chaos. He wants to be a revered writer, to be seen, to have followers. As such, he has a habit to write things down in a journal he carries.

Overall, he's friendly to anybody who he sees as friendly to him. He's a bit awkward and shy, though, and doesn't like to make the first move. If he sees someone who he sees as someone who is willingfully ignorant, however, he will shut off any interaction with them that he can.
Powers: Taking from the book series he's taken the name from, he can transform into real world animals, one at a time. He can only be in animal form for two hours, or he will be trapped within that form forever
Pets: No thank you
Relationship: ...Err, um..
Group: Games Group

Back
Top Bottom