• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tarot Mafia

I think likeliest mafia at this point is Jack, then Mist/storm/Stryke. Keldeo/mewtini look very good by EoD1, as much as Keldeo's claim is just absolutely the worst. Ultracool is so goddamn pure I wish I could believe he's mafia but he's probably not.

I don't know. I definitely thought the way he talked about his claim seemed legit.

I think his EOD1 was bad, I think his pushes have been on town.

I don't think me changing my vote now will change the votal though.

No...? Like I would want to believe both of you. But that can't be right.

I also am ? at him just not being here right now.

(I know you're not going to change anything, and are quite possibly mafia, but there's nobody else in here for me to talk to at the moment. :/)

I say quite possibly mafia because I think objectively by your postings here you should be on Jack right now, and being on me anyway suggests an ulterior motive, and your claim is still a giant ????. But that EoD1 nonetheless, ugh.

Vote Totals:
Butterfree (3) (Stryke, JackPK, mewtini)
JackPK (2) (Butterfree, Keldeo)
(abstain) (1) (Mr. Ultracool)

JackPK votes Zero Moment (#920)
Mr. Ultracool votes Zero Moment (#921)
JackPK unvotes (#926)
Mr. Ultracool unvotes (#929)
Keldeo votes Butterfree (#954)
Stryke votes Butterfree (#956)
Mr. Ultracool abstains (#957)
JackPK votes Butterfree (#958)
Butterfree votes JackPK (#962)
mewtini votes Butterfree (#970)
Keldeo votes JackPK (#1010)

If any votes are wrong or missing, you have 10 minutes to alert me to them.

Having communed with their gods, the people of Mondeville were confident that they had found one of the criminals terrorizing their once-peaceful town. The accused was a lawyer who continued running her mouth about how a deck of cards was not a substitute for due legal process, right up until the moment that the rope snapped taut.

Vicar Merato grimaced, eyes fixed on the body swaying from the gallows. As much as I'd like to believe the killings will stop now, I have a very bad feeling about what's to come.

Butterfree is dead. She was not mafia.

Night Three has started, and will end 24 hours from now at 4PM EDT (UTC-4:00) on July 14th.
Please send in your night actions.

N0
rari_teh
was killed. She was not mafia.

D1
Trebek
was killed. He was mafia.

N1
Seshas
was killed. They were not mafia.
kokorico was killed. E was not mafia.

D2
Herbe
was killed. He was not mafia.
RedneckPhoenix was killed. He was mafia.
kyeugh was killed. She was not mafia.
IndigoEmmy was killed. She was not mafia.

N2
M&F

D3
Butterfree

Part Four: Greed

lpXO15Y.png

As a storm raged in the night, Vicar Merato was jostled awake by a hand on his shoulder. "Vicar... you need to come quickly..." a woman whispered. "Something terrible has happened."

Vicar Merato sat up and rubbed away the crust from his eyes. "Lady Myranda?" he asked, puzzled. "What is going on?"

"There's no time to explain." the woman replied, tossing the vicar his clothes. "Put these on, and come with me."

As the town matriarch led the vicar down a dark stone hallway, Merato stepped past what appeared to be two dead bodies, before arriving at the Vault of the Serpent, which had been blasted wide open. In the light of the lamp he was carrying, Merato could see that the vault had been picked clean, with nary a handful of treasure remaining. The vicar looked from one side to another, aghast at the lack of gold, before turning around to see Lady Myranda, with a cowled figure on either side of her.

"You... It was you..." the vicar snapped.

The red-haired woman smirked. "Oh, so you figured that out, did you? Good for you..."

As the two cowled assassins stepped toward the vicar, Merato took a step back. "W...why? Why this... mutiny?" he stammered.

"You would ask me that, despite where you stand? Look around you! You priests really are all idiots" Myranda sighed. Outside, the storm continued to rage. "Your church has been a thorn in my family's side for far too long. You sit on your pious asses, playing your little card games, jacking us around, keeping us shut off from the outside world... Gods, do you have any idea how much money we could be making if we sold what we mined? But no, all you can think about is how any contact with outsiders would lead the people to realize just how pathetic your religion truly is."

The assassins took another step forward, and the vicar lurched back. "Get back!" he shrieked. "Get back! I am Vicar Merato, the Voice of The World! Get b-"

The vicar broke off his shouting as a third assassin plunged a knife into his back. As the priest fell to his knees, he looked up at the red-haired woman, defeated.

"You're not fit to rule this town. But don't worry, we'll take good care of it for you." Myranda said. "With the money I'll be making from trade, I'll be wealthier than an Empress."

The cowled assassins removed their hoods, revealing the faces beneath. Vicar Merato's eyes widened. "Jack? Mewtini... and Storm?" he sputtered.

Lady Myranda laughed. "Oh, you look so suprised. I almost pity you."

Vicar Merato collapsed onto his stomach as his strength gave out and his vision started to blur.

"Well, it's been fun." Myranda remarked as she began to walk away. "When you meet that snake god of yours, give him our fondest regards."

Keldeo is dead. He was not mafia.
Mist1422 is dead. She was not mafia.

The mafia have achieved victory. Role PMs and actions will be posted shortly.

N0
rari_teh

D1
Trebek
was killed. He was mafia.

N1
Seshas
was killed. They were not mafia.
kokorico was killed. E was not mafia.

D2
Herbe
RedneckPhoenix was killed. He was mafia.
kyeugh was killed. She was not mafia.
IndigoEmmy was killed. She was not mafia.

N2
M&F

D3
Butterfree

N3
Keldeo
Mist1422 was killed. She was not mafia.

D4
The mafia have won.

MAFIA

You are The Emperor. You are sided with the Mafia, and will be working together with Mewtini, Trebek, and storm to kill members of the Town. During the night, one of you may decide to send in a kill action.

You are a symbol of power and authority, and the first time a kill is carried out by you, it cannot be prevented by any means.

Your goal is to eliminate all members of the Town, and you will win when this outcome is assured.
You are The Hermit. You are sided with the Mafia, and will be working together with JackPK, Trebek, and storm to kill members of the Town. During the night, one of you may decide to send in a kill action.

Your house is full of many frightening secrets, and anyone who uses a night action on you will be too horrified to speak the following day. These players will not be allowed to post in the game thread until the next day phase.

Your goal is to eliminate all members of the Town, and you will win when this outcome is assured.
You are The Devil. You are sided with the Mafia, and will be working together with JackPK, Mewtini, and storm to kill members of the Town. During the night, one of you may decide to send in a kill action.

You are obsessed with money and power, and will do whatever it takes to eliminate those who stand in your way. Once per game, you may choose to poison a player of your choosing during the night, and this person will die at the end of the following day phase. This death cannot be prevented by healing actions, but will not work on a player who has immunity to poison.

You are The Magician. You are sided with the Mafia, and will be working together with JackPK, Mewtini, and Trebek to kill members of the Town. During the night, one of you may decide to send in a kill action.

You are quite clever and resourceful, and each night you may target a player to learn their card name.

You are The Tower. You are sided with the Mafia, although you are not part of the main mafia faction and are unable to contact them at night. You have been receiving payments from someone by the name of JackPK, although he is unaware of your identity.

You are an agent of chaos and misfortune, and your specialty lies in explosives. At any point during the day, you may post “Explode [player name]” and both you and that player will die in a fiery blaze.

Once per game, you may also place a bomb vest on a player during the night, and that player will wake up with the following set of instructions at their bedside:
I have placed a bomb vest on you. If you try to remove the bomb vest, it will explode, and you will die.

You must vote to lynch [player of your choice] today. If you fail to do this, or at any point vote for someone else, I will detonate the vest, and you will die.

You must try to appear calm, and may not mention this note or the vest to anyone. If you do, I will detonate the vest, and you will die. You must appear to be acting out of your own free will.

If you comply with my instructions, I will remove the vest tonight.

If at any point you wish to do this, you must send me the name of your target and specify the player for whom they must vote.

Your goal is to help the Mafia eliminate all members of the Town, and you will win when this outcome is assured.

TOWN

You are the Wheel of Fortune. You bring good luck to all who visit you, and anyone who uses an action on you during the night will receive one of the following items at random:

Wand – This item may be used during the night to inspect a player’s alignment. The wand will break after being used.

Cup – This cup contains a healing remedy that will temporarily protect a player from being killed at night. You may choose to use it on another player or drink it yourself. This item may only be used once, and will not cause healer clash.

Sword – This item may be used to kill a player during the night. This sword will break after being used.

Pentacle – This item may be used at any time to have your vote count as double. You must message the GM to use this item. If you switch your vote before the end of the day phase, it will still count as double. This item may only be used once.

These items will be received by players at the end of the night phase that they targeted you.

You are sided with the Town, and your goal is to eliminate all members of the Mafia.
You are The Chariot. You are a person of action, and will do what it takes to protect others, even if it costs you your life. Each night, you may choose to protect another player, and will die in their stead if they are targeted by any killing actions.

You are sided with the Town, and your goal is to eliminate all members of the Mafia.
You are Temperance. You are a gifted healer who can save players on the brink of death. During the night, you may choose to heal another player, and they will be protected from killing actions. This will also remove the Mark of Death from an afflicted player.

You are Judgement. Your decisive nature allows you to control the fates of others. Each night, you may choose to kill another player.

You are Strength. Your exceptional fortitude makes you more resilient than other players. You are immune to poison and cannot be afflicted with the Mark of Death.

You are The Moon. Your powers over the night allow you to perceive hidden enemies. Each night, you may inspect a player and learn of their alignment.

You are Justice. You strive for truth and fairness, and will take action to protect the wrongfully accused. Once per game, you may post the phrase “Hey guys I really don’t think we should lynch [player name]” and this player will be lynchproof until the following day.

You are The Hierophant. Each night, you may take a player into your confessional booth and force them to confess their sins. This player will be unable to perform their night action, and cannot be the target of other night actions.

You are The High Priestess. You may use your powers as an oracle to receive divine guidance and find answers to life’s greatest mysteries. Each night you may ask the GM a question about the game, as long as it doesn’t pertain to a specific player or their role. You can ask questions such as “How many mafia members remain?” and “Is there an alien in this game?”

You are The Fool. You are carefree and spontaneous, and choose to live by your own rules. At any point during the day, you can voluntarily leave the game by posting “Sayonara, Wild Hearts” in the thread. If you do this to prevent being lynched, the person with the next highest number of votes will be lynched instead.

You also have a small dog you have trained to steal objects from other players. Each night you may choose a player, and your dog will steal any items that they have in their possession. You will be able to use these items starting the following night.

You are The Sun. You are a symbol of happiness and joy, and can easily convince other townsfolk of your innocence. At any point during the day, you may ask the GM to confirm your alignment in the game thread.

THIRD-PARTY

You are The Hanged Man. For you, victory requires sacrifice. You will start the game in the Upright position. If a night action would cause you to die while Upright, you will instead survive, and will become Reversed. If the town lynches you while you are Reversed, you win the game.

You are neither Town nor Mafia, but your inspection results will depend on whether you are Upright or Reversed. If inspected while Upright, you will appear as Not Mafia. If inspected while Reversed, you will appear as Mafia.
You are Death. You are a bringer of plagues, and desire an end to all things. Anyone who comes into contact with you through night actions will be afflicted with the Mark of Death. Anyone who targets or is targeted by a player with the Mark of Death will also receive the Mark of Death.

You are neither Town nor Mafia, and will win alongside either faction if all remaining players have been afflicted. You can still win even if you are dead at the end of the game. At the end of each night phase, you will receive a list of afflicted players. Be aware that there may be roles who can remove the Mark of Death or are immune to it.

N0
Seshas jails kyeugh.
Mewtini kills rari_teh.
M&F inspects kokorico. (Result: kokorico is not mafia)
Mist1422 asks "Are all non-town players informed of each others' identity? (i.e. are there any outgroup/third-party?)" (Result: No, there are outgroup and/or third-party roles)
Herbe chooses not to use an action.
kokorico chooses not to use an action.
storm inspects Keldeo. (Result: Keldeo is The Fool)
Keldeo steals from Zero Moment.

Players with the Mark of Death: none

N1
Seshas jails Mr. Ultracool.
Seshas receives a sword.
JackPK kills Seshas.
Herbe kills kokorico.
Mist1422 asks "How many town-aligned players are alive currently?" (Result: 10 town-aligned players are currently alive)
RedneckPhoenix places a bomb vest on Herbe, with instructions to vote for Stryke.
IndigoEmmy heals Keldeo.
M&F inspects kyeugh. (Result: kyeugh is not mafia)
storm inspects Mist1422. (Result: Mist1422 is The High Priestess)
kokorico chooses not to use an action.
Keldeo tries to steal from Mr. Ultracool (but it fails).

Players with the Mark of Death: none

N2
mewtini kills M&F.
Mist1422 asks "Is there a town-aligned role that is capable of giving out items in the setup?" (Result: Yes)
Keldeo steals from Stryke.
M&F inspects JackPK. (Result: JackPK is mafia)
storm inspects Mr. Ultracool. (Result: Mr. Ultracool is the Wheel of Fortune)
storm receives a sword.

Players with the Mark of Death: Keldeo

N3
JackPK kills Keldeo.
storm used a sword to kill Mist1422.
Keldeo steals from Mr. Ultracool.
Keldeo receives a pentacle.
Mist1422 asks "Is there a town-aligned role that is capable of checking for another player's flavor but not role or alignment currently alive?" (Result: No)

Players with the Mark of Death: Keldeo, Mr. Ultracool, JackPK

Back
Top Bottom