• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Aurion Home for the Belligerent Elderly

That's fine unless Negrek has a problem with it (though I'd rather not sell any fifth-gen stuff until Negrek gets around to approving those changes, so you'll still have to wait a bit). If you change your mind and have it forget soak after evolution, though, you probably wouldn't be allowed to reteach it.

Welp, getting Soak for my Chinchou then. $8.

How about Simple Beam on a Bidoof? Since it gets Simple as an ability I wouldn't view it as a big leap of logic.

Last edited:
When I said "wait for Negrek to approve stuff", I meant I'm not selling any gen 5 moves until she approves my business changes. Soak should technically just be $8 but I don't know that Negrek will necessarily agree with that placement. Wait for a bit.

Errgh... it does, but it also doesn't get any moves that are similarly manipulative. I need to think about it.

I was informed some time ago that I can't automatically allow something to get a move that makes little sense just because other things do. For example, if I could hypothetically teach off-type moves, I would not be allowed to teach chansey surf just because snorlax or audino learns it.

I'll think about it.

Not actually buying them, but I just want to check if these would work:

- Rock Wrecker on Tirtouga

- Lovely Kiss on Lillipup

- Horn Leech on Ferroseed

- Aromatherapy on Cottonee

- Fiery Dance on Flareon

Also, if no for some of them, would the answer be yes once they're evolved?

- Yes.

- No, and no for evolutions. Sweet kiss maybe, though, if you wanted that instead.

- Err... yeah, sure.

- Yes.

- Not sure, I'll have to ask. I'm inclined to say no.

Yeah, I just realized that Fiery Dance has "flaps its wings" in the description. Sweet Kiss was actually my second choice for Lillipup, so that works out well.

Also, what about Drain Punch on Heracross?

I think I'd have to say no to drain punch at this point. It only seems to be learned by fighters that have some sort of mystical air about them (or are just downright part psychic); heracross doesn't really fit the bill. Honestly I'm not even sure why it's not just a psychic-type move.

Could I interject here? Bulbapedia tells me that Drain Punch is learned by Seismitoad, Croagunk, Timburr and Scraggy, none of which have a mystical air or are part psychic. Not to mention the gen IV TM.

Well, absorbing also seems to be a theme related to the punch, which is why Seismitoad and Croagunk get it, as well as, if I recall correctly, several other Pokemon with a relationship to, well, sucking. Timburr and Scraggy are more puzzling cases, though Scraggy and Scrafty seem to learn a wide range of rare moves just because.

The TM that primarily went to psychics and normals, remember.

Again, just because one thing is an anomaly doesn't mean that I can allow other anomalies with no further justification.

Alright then, getting Rock Wrecker for Tirtouga, Sweet Kiss for Lillipup, Horn Leech for Ferroseed, and Aromatherapy for Cottonee. Should be $38.

Wait, this is okay, right? I checked the changes in the business approval thread, and none of them will be changing in price.

Last edited:
If that's the case, I'll just have to nix the Horn Leech one. Of course, it is the exact same move as drain punch and giga drain, which have been around for a while, so maybe Kratos will allow it?

If not, I'll just add back $7 in the bank.

I'd really rather not sell anything fifth-gen just in case. I don't think it'll change either, but... yeah. Not my call there.

Back
Top Bottom