• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Broken Calendar

Jason-Kun

Caidoz is a world split up into thirteen "countries", one for each sign of the Zodiac plus a neutral area. At birth, birthdates are written down and recorded and the babies are shipped off to the nuetral country of Neutralis where they are taken care of until they are thirteen and than they go off to the country they were "born" into.

Two years ago after the ceremony, the list for the next year was stolen. In order to keep this hidden, the rulers of each country came together to constrcut another list. The ceremony went well. However recently the real list has been found and there have been mix-ups. This is a problem, as there's no way to fix the problem.

The problem? They don't know what the people who were mixed up look like. This is because at the ceremony when the children are sent to their country of birth, their bodies are changed dramatically to reflect this. They can't visit the childrens' old homes for clues either, as the homes are destroyed as well.

Whilst the leaders live their lifes in a panic, twelve klids live their lives in peace. There have been rumors. However these twelve have felt different from the people within their country, but decided to dismiss it as unimportant. However after a seemingly random event confirms them to be fit for a different country, their suspisions have been confirmed. They have all decided to keep this a secret, although each has their own view. Some just want life to go on, some want to be sent to their right country, and some don't really care, they just don't want the secret to come out.

Meanwhile a prophecy has appeared, one that could spell for either the destruction of their world or one with which all the countries will band together and the walls of separation will be burned down. The leaders have began narrowing down possible mix ups in order to find them out and either help influence the prophecy. What will you do...?

---

It was quiet that day as the thirteen year olds filed into the circle. Each could be seen wearing the ceremonial robe. One figure had his hands clasped together, eying the others his age. Shuffling in excitement, he looked at the twelve leaders of six men and six women before them. Today was the day he would be initiated into his country. A hush went over the students as the leader of the Council moved into the center of the circle. She was tall and dressed in the formal ceremony tunic, which was painted with the symbols for each of the countries. Her gray hair was pulled back into a ponytail, although she gave off an air of youth. Raising pale hands, she began to speak.

The day has finally arrived.

One of the teenager to be welcomed into their country folded her arms behind her, resisting the urge to do anything odd or crazy. She often dreamt of joining a country filled with other like her, being the same as the others so no one would think her to be off her rocker.

I wonder if they have thrill rides and pancakes.

She then glances up to the stage where the leader of leaders started to address the other teens. She smiles, finding the leader pretty despite her age.

Vai fought the urge to just not listen and looked up at the leader, or was it the Leader? She had to look good for the day, and she grinned. In a few minutes, or maybe a few hours, she'd see others like her, and have a great rest of her life.

Petra was trying not to fidget, but she was excited. Finally, they were being initiated into their countries! While she looked at the Council leader attentively as she began to speak, she was daydreaming.. wondering what it would be like, who she'd meet..
This was going to be excellent.

Apodis looked up at the Council leader. She gave her most of the attention, although her eyes slid for a moment to one of the others, the leaders of the countries.

Which one will I be in? The question resounded in her head over and over again.

Even though she knew it was rude, she wished to herself that the leader would just hurry up. She was feeling a tad bit impatient today, perhaps because she had gotten less sleep than usual last night.

She hoped that there were other people that had insomnia as bad as hers. It would be awesome; they could all party until they finally got tired and fell asleep. And they would actually respond to her jokes, instead of staring at her like she was an idiot. Why didn't anyone else find humor in irony, she had often wondered. Maybe she had just been hanging out with the wrong people.

She hoped so.

With a shiver of excitement tingling down her spine, Zoe glanced at the others and just couldn't help smile. Today's the day. Her mind was filled with so many questions, meanwhile trying to contain her enthusiasm. It was so astonishing to her that she felt almost on the verge of being overwhelmed. I wonder who all the others are. Where will they be placed? More importantly, where will I be placed? Mmm... I've got to stay calm.

Her blue eyes trailed to the Council leader. Now, more than ever, everything felt more and more surreal. Despite trying to stay focused, her eyes kept wandering over to the others. She started biting her lip, which was her nervous habit. All of this is so amazing...

So much was happening, it was scary even. Lansly's life was being taken away from him and being place in the hands of people he didn't even know. It was stupid, it was completely stupid

But... I am too scared to do anything

All Lansly could bring himself to do was curl his fists as tightly as he could, and glare at the council leader.

Rae waited anxiously. Where is he going to be placed? What's his power? Why is the council leader always an old hag?

Wow that was really nice of yourself Rae he thought.

Rae forced himself into a calm. Looking up at the leader he realized he totally could have just missed where he was going. With this he tapped the guy that looked tense next to him.

"Did I miss anything?!" he half yelled half whispered.

"Today you will all be moved into your countries. You've all seen past ceremonies. When the name of the country you will be put into appears into the sand before you, bow respectfully. If done correctly it should glow before faintly changing into the symbol which represents your country," the elderly women spoke. Casting out her hands, sand whipped up, scratching symbols before each member of the circle. When the word Scorpio written in Italian appeared, the cloaked figure of Jason bowed. His eyes shifted towards Vai as the sand at his feet began to swirl. A faint glow began to cover the writing before it shifted one more into a picture of a Scorpian, which turrned to solid stone before riising into the air. The leader, a stout women with chestnut brown hair jogged over, forcing her way through the circle. Tracing her finger across the stone, she nodded.

"From today on this student shall be known as Sir Jason 'Sharp Fist' Silverten! He will work hard to make the Scorpios proud," she called into the air. Tracing a rune above his head, she watched as water washed over his body. It began to bubble and boil as his appearance began to shift. Within moments his skin had turned from pale to a light tan color, his eyes turning from gray to blue. Smiling, she led him away from the circle.

((Here's the deal. The runes drawn aboe the character changes their appearance Different elements manifest in different forms to change one's appearance. Just some basic information on that. Also keep in mind that the stone which the symbol becomes tends to have their weapon engraved within, they'll get those later.))

Something bitter rose in Lansley's throat, bitting his lungs and making his breath seem like it weighed as heavy as a criminal's conscience. Absolute disgust, but he couldn't even understand why he felt that way.

We can't possibly understand where we should be, right? We...We need to have someone tell us right?

But that meant someone would be deciding without their consent or input, and that made him sick. But his feelings were dwarfed by the years that this ritual had existed. How could he, a single boy be right when decades, no centuries of people had would have to be wrong for him to be so? His hand absent mindedly touched the ribbon that he had hidden around his ear and behind his longish hair.

Rae realized that the person next to him wasn't going to answer him.

Bitch he thought and then scolded himself for the comment.

Hearing a faint stir in the air Rae looked up and watched one kid get placed. The sight was so stunning he just couldn't take his eyes away from it.

As the boy was taken away from the circle Rae stepped forward to see if he was next

Vai looked over at that guy who was placed, uh.. Jason, and nodded slightly. Crap, she didn't want to go next.. Luckily for her, another boy stepped forward, and she moved behind him, to the side a bit. She'd go after him, then.

((FFFFFfff- pointless post is pointless >_>))

As she watched Jason get placed, Zoe felt her heart beating faster and faster. Ba-dum... ba-dum..ba-dum ba-dum ba-dum... A wave of nervousness hit her when she saw Jason's appearance change, but, nevertheless, there was still a part of her that was very excited. Just as she was about to step forward for her turn, she saw another boy take a step. She sunk with disappointment, but reminded herself that everyone will get a turn. I just have to be patient, she thought, still biting her lip.

((Jason-Kun could you possibly do the ceremony thing for me since you really know what you're like doing?))

((Psst, read my last post. Wind was whipped up which should have made the symbols show for each person all at the same time as Jason's was. Just follow my example.))

Libra
At the same time, a glittering blue stone with the Libra symbol was floating in front of Petra. A moment later, wind swirled around her, sending sand and small rocks flying around like a tiny tornado. Her hair changed to a brown color, her skin lightened, and her eyes went from a pale blue to gray.

Last edited:
Capricorn

The word materialized in front of Apodis.

Capricorn, huh? I hope they're like me. I'll bet they are; they wouldn't let anyone but the people who don't make mistakes on the Council...

She bowed her acceptance, and the writing changed to the symbol of Capricorn, a sea goat. She personally had always thought that the sea goat looked kind of funny, but what did it matter?

Her eyes didn't change to a completely different color; rather, the blue just grew far duller. They were more of a blue-green now. They were also much less hypnotizing, and the fire in them was a bit harder to see. Her hair also grew darker, the color of rust.

Suddenly, the stone etched the word "Aries" onto itself. It rose, and floated in front of Zoe. With wide eyes, she bowed to acknowledge that she had been placed. The word changed into a small ram, which symbolizes Aries. That's... it. I've been placed? Wow... Aries, huh?, she thought with a huge grin on her face. However, the grin was replaced with confusion as a light mist started to rise from her feet.

What?!

The mist gradually began to change her body. Her curly golden hair turned dark and straight. That was the first thing Zoe noticed as she lifted a finger to touch her bangs. Her tan skin turned pale, almost ghostly. Her stormy blue eyes changed into more of an aquamarine shade. Ehhh... I know this is all part of how I'm supposed to be, but... it just doesn't feel right to change what I was, she mused as she scowled while staring at her newly changed hair.

"Gemini," Vai whispered, bowing to the word in front of her. With a quiet whiiishh the writing changed to a pair of finely detailed twins and became solid stone, and wind swirled around her. Looking down as she changed, Vai saw her skin tanned slightly. She couldn't see it, but her eyes also became brown, and her hair darkened, as if burned. She took all this in happily, it was just a part of growing up. When she looked forwards, Vai was slightly startled to see the stone with the twins floating not too far from her face.

Rae looked around and saw everybody else getting placed. Looking down he saw "Taurus" lightly written in the sand. He could barely tell what it was causing him to bend down and get a closer look. Right when he could tell what it said it glowed brightly. Temporarily blinded from being so close to it Rae closed his eyes. When he opened them the words were replaced with a circular stone with an intricate bull carved into it.

As it rose above him and showered him with a refreshing mist he began to transform. His sickly pale skin began to tan and turn into an almost olive green/brown tint. He felt his hair grow shorter and become spiked. His skull felt like a soft bat was pounding out his jaw and cheek bones. His skin also seemed to feel much more smoother. The one thing he didn't feel or see was his eyes changing from a neutral blank color to a sharp emerald green.

Rae looked up and saw a husky looking man approach him.

"Welcome to the Taurus country! You'll fit in great." he said in a deep tone.

Back
Top Bottom