• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first battle ever!

Battle Format: 1 v 1

DQ Time: 1 week

Set

Damage Cap: 30%

Banned and Restricted Moves: Only OHKO moves.

Arena Description: Shadow Forest. A thick covering of trees all around blocks most light from the forest and makes it very hard to see. The trees are thick and could potentially do significant damage to smaller pokemon (i.e. Sunkern, but only minor damage to mid-sized pokemon, and no damage at all to larger pokemon. The air is also very dry, making it easy to light things on fire.

Profile Link

Originally by: Chaon

My first battle ever!

Battle Format: 1 v 1

DQ Time: 1 week

Set

Banned and Restricted Moves: Only OHKO moves.

Arena Description: Shadow Forest. A thick covering of trees all around blocks most light from the forest and makes it very hard to see. The trees are thick and could potentially do significant damage to smaller pokemon (i.e. Sunkern, but only minor damage to mid-sized pokemon, and no damage at all to larger pokemon. The air is also very dry, making it easy to light things on fire.

Profile Link

I'll be your first challenger. Are you ready?

My first challenge!

3vs3 single

DQ time: 1 week

Banned Moves: OHKO moves, dig, water moves, earthquake/earthpowers, and anything else that includes smashing the ground.

Arena: Cookie fort

Arena description: The cookie fort sounds like a fort, but is in fact a gigantic chocolate chip cookie that floats on a sea of vanille. The cookie is big enough to carry a full city, so it's hard to throw other pokemon into the vanille. There are several floating platforms made of berry jelly and black chocolate above the arena, which can be used to stay above the arena. The cookie has several chocolate and bitter chocolate 'mushrooms' which can be eaten by sacrificing an action. If a pokemon doesnt eat the 'chocolate mushroom' immidiatly, however, they will find out it becomes as hard as granite and casn be used as a weapon. Also, there is a 10% chance in each round that chocolate will rain, slowing down whoever is caught in the strange rain. If a pokemon falls into the vanille sea, they will reappear in the middle point of the arena. Dig cannot be used because the cookies is relative thin, and digging will make the pokemon land in the vanille sea. There is also a 20% chance that one of these will happen:
1)A bagon with a jet-pack will come and use a dragonbreath on the whole arena.
2)A cacnea will blast the arena with pin missiles.
3)A gyarados will come out of the sea and use a hydro pump of vanille(still hurts).
4)A delibird will come and throw pizza around. Pizza heals 4% health.
There's a 5% chance for each of them to occur.

Other:
If a chocolate mushroom is eaten, it heals 5% of the pokemon's health, and 5% of it's energy.
If a bitter mushroom is eaten, it boosts the energy by 10%.
If one gets to drink from the vannile sea, they can replenish 10% of their health at the cost of 4% of their energy.
Bitter and normal 'mushrooms' can be used as explosive weapons that lower the speed by 1.
If a pokemon is not hiding under something or inside a protect bubble, the chocolate rain will hit them(no damage) and lower both accuracy and speed by 1.

Took a load of time to write this...

Blaziking said:
Hello again ASB~

4 vs 4
Style: Set
DQ: 4 days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKO, direct healing moves, 2 chills per Pokemon, weather changing moves (Rain Dance, Hail, etc.)
Arena: Screwed Up Weather Island
Far off the coast of Cianwood, there is an island that's climate changes are sudden and often incredibly random. Due to such changes, the weather is constantly changing in the area, and not even that, but the time of day seems to be always changing as well. At one moment it might be a bright sunny day, and then within a few moments it might be an incredibly stormy night. The "nights" on the island are incredibly dark, and often only the outlines of figures on the island are visible.

Each round there is a 60% chance that day will turn into night, or vice versa. During the night, the accuracy of all moves is dropped by 10%

Each round, there is a 90% chance that the weather will change. When it does change, there is a 30% chance it will be Sunny Day / Hail (Sunny Day if the time for the round is night, Hail if it is at night), 30% chance it will be rain, 15% chance it will be foggy, 15% chance that it will be Cloudy, and a 10% chance that there will be a thunderstorm.

During foggy whether, all moves accuracy decrease by 5% (added onto the accuracy drop during night, if at night). During cloudy whether, the damage of normal-type moves iare multiplied by by 1.5, and the power of all other moves lose 1% of damage. During thunderstorm whether, the damage of water and electric type moves are multiplied by 1.5, and fire type damage is multiplied by .5.

Other: Weather related moves do not work in the island, as the weather is impossible to manipulate

HEY MANZ IT'S MAH PROFILE :D

hey hey can I take this? my only battle never got a ref :c
profile~

3vs3 single

DQ time: 1 week

Banned Moves: OHKO moves, dig, water moves, earthquake/earthpowers, and anything else that includes smashing the ground.

Arena: Cookie fort

Arena description: The cookie fort sounds like a fort, but is in fact a gigantic chocolate chip cookie that floats on a sea of vanille. The cookie is big enough to carry a full city, so it's hard to throw other pokemon into the vanille. There are several floating platforms made of berry jelly and black chocolate above the arena, which can be used to stay above the arena. The cookie has several chocolate and bitter chocolate 'mushrooms' which can be eaten by sacrificing an action. If a pokemon doesnt eat the 'chocolate mushroom' immidiatly, however, they will find out it becomes as hard as granite and casn be used as a weapon. Also, there is a 10% chance in each round that chocolate will rain, slowing down whoever is caught in the strange rain. If a pokemon falls into the vanille sea, they will reappear in the middle point of the arena. Dig cannot be used because the cookies is relative thin, and digging will make the pokemon land in the vanille sea. There is also a 20% chance that one of these will happen:
1)A bagon with a jet-pack will come and use a dragonbreath on the whole arena.
2)A cacnea will blast the arena with pin missiles.
3)A gyarados will come out of the sea and use a hydro pump of vanille(still hurts).
4)A delibird will come and throw pizza around. Pizza heals 4% health.
There's a 5% chance for each of them to occur.

Other:
If a chocolate mushroom is eaten, it heals 5% of the pokemon's health, and 5% of it's energy.
If a bitter mushroom is eaten, it boosts the energy by 10%.
If one gets to drink from the vannile sea, they can replenish 10% of their health at the cost of 4% of their energy.
Bitter and normal 'mushrooms' can be used as explosive weapons that lower the speed by 1.
If a pokemon is not hiding under something or inside a protect bubble, the chocolate rain will hit them(no damage) and lower both accuracy and speed by 1.

I'll take you on twiggy!

Profile Link

Twiggy's Profile

Last edited:
Sorry. I accepted the challenge at 6:40 in the morning. Wasn't thinking straight. Post edited.

3vs3vs3 Double
Style: Switch
DQ: 1 week
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 5/Pokemon
Arena: Training Field

The battle takes place in a field used, quite obviously, for training. The field itself is quite grassy, with 15 or so rocks dotted around it. These rocks are about the size of a Wailmer, and are easily shattered by attacks. in the lower corner, there is a trainer practicing with his pokemon. Once per round, there is a 10% chance that one of the trainers pokemon may wander off and use an attack on a random battling pokemon. These Pokemon and their attacks are as follows:

Empoleon

Surf
Hydro Cannon
Steel Wing
Flash Cannon

Crobat

Poison Fang
Fly
Air Slash
Toxic

Yanmega

Slash
Ancient Power
Shadow Ball
Supersonic

Walrein

Surf
Blizzard
Hail
Waterfall

Porygon-Z

Thunder
Icy Wind
Tri Attack
Trick Room

Ariados

Poison Jab
Pin Missile
Psychic
Spider Web

[/reallylongchallenge]

I haven't tried 3v3v3 before. Sounds fun. I'll accept your challenge.

Darksong the Spontaneous's profile
I suppose I'll join you two. After all, if I'm not mistaken, referees actively reffing a match can participate in 4 battles at a time.

Profile.

The Best Arena comes back with a few edits :D

2 vs 2 single
Style: Swiiiiitch, though no one will >_>
DQ: Five and seven hours
Damage Cap: 49%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Dig, Earthquake, anything that will require a lot of money to fix once the Trainers leave >:/
Arena: Holon Field

A flat, almost completely so, green, thriving field in a supposedly fictional region. Encircling where the battlers will be are odd glowing stones, of a hue of every colour imaginable. Strangely, there are only seventeen stones, though these shift colour every now and then. Hills wave up and down in the distance, though where the battlers are is in the middle of nowhere.

There was a legend in Holon, about Pokemon that are not the types they should be, like Psychic Vileplumes or Electric Pidgeots. For a while, this has been only a legend, until such Pokemon were actually found. This field in Holon, though small, is a national park, so destruction is frowned upon. Although for whatever reason, Trainers may come to battle, or watch battles here every once in a while.

Not a very smart idea, on the government's part.

Every round, there is a 80% chance of the battling Pokemon spontaneously changing types. Their weaknesses, resistances, and STAB are not the only things that change, however, the Pokemon is coated in an aura or flames of the colour of the type they have changed into, red for Fire, for example, that has a 20% chance of doing 1% damage of whatever type the aura is on contact. These changes fade at the end of each round, though the next round there is still an 80% of a type change. What type the Pokemon changes into is up to the referee.

On the side, there is a small pond for aquatic Pokemon, about twenty feet square and twelve feet deep.

Based on the TCG.

The Best Arena comes back with a few edits :D

2 vs 2 single
Style: Swiiiiitch, though no one will >_>
DQ: Five and seven hours
Damage Cap: 49%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Dig, Earthquake, anything that will require a lot of money to fix once the Trainers leave >:/
Arena: Holon Field

A flat, almost completely so, green, thriving field in a supposedly fictional region. Encircling where the battlers will be are odd glowing stones, of a hue of every colour imaginable. Strangely, there are only seventeen stones, though these shift colour every now and then. Hills wave up and down in the distance, though where the battlers are is in the middle of nowhere.

There was a legend in Holon, about Pokemon that are not the types they should be, like Psychic Vileplumes or Electric Pidgeots. For a while, this has been only a legend, until such Pokemon were actually found. This field in Holon, though small, is a national park, so destruction is frowned upon. Although for whatever reason, Trainers may come to battle, or watch battles here every once in a while.

Not a very smart idea, on the government's part.

Every round, there is a 80% chance of the battling Pokemon spontaneously changing types. Their weaknesses, resistances, and STAB are not the only things that change, however, the Pokemon is coated in an aura or flames of the colour of the type they have changed into, red for Fire, for example, that has a 20% chance of doing 1% damage of whatever type the aura is on contact. These changes fade at the end of each round, though the next round there is still an 80% of a type change. What type the Pokemon changes into is up to the referee.

On the side, there is a small pond for aquatic Pokemon, about twenty feet square and twelve feet deep.

Based on the TCG.

I still need to get my crap in order and so don't have time to come up with any fun arenas on my own I thirst for blooooood

Speaking of battle limits, I'll reach mine.

1 vs. 1 Single
DQ: 1 week
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healing
Arena: Adhesive Hole

A wasteland stretches beyond an eye's reach. The scenery is extremely plain. The catch about this arena is that it was once used for war. A trap was set at a specific spot; all soldiers that fell in it were firmly glued by an extremely sticky substance that covered the surface of the hole. Remains of the victims still can be seen over the pink goop. With the knowledge that any Pokémon stuck in this hole could be recalled by a Poké Ball, however, the idea to battle there seemed interesting. All ground-dwelling Pokémon to enter this match will be stuck in the adhesive trap until it's knocked out and recalled, thus, unable to leave their current positon. Pokémon capable of flight/floating, though, can avoid the goop, thus, are free to move.

Other: No purely aquatic Pokémon (land dwelling/anfibious water-types are still allowed). All Pokémon engaging in this battle must have access to at least one projectile move.

I'm going to take you on. (Conveniently, two of my Pokemon have Levitate...)

http://dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=338064&postcount=150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom