• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making another challenge, because I honestly could not shake this idea.

2v2 Single
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO moves, Weather moves
Arena: SSV Normandy
Description: Commander Shepard is known across the galaxy for her heroics; she killed Saren and Sovereign, and then went ahead and saved the Council too. She did all this in a ship known as the SSV Normandy. This is where the battle takes place - or, well, it takes place in what's left of it. An unknown attacker struck the Normandy, and the ship is currently burning and disintegrating.
Notes: Weather moves and abilities will not work. The ship's kinetic barriers have kicked in about four minutes too late, so nobody's going to fall off the Normandy any time soon. There are fires burning; if a Pokemon touches them they are badly burned. There's also very low gravity, and as such jumping, flying, etc becomes easier.

Reference images, to help the ref: View of the Normandy from outside, from about 5:20 in this video is where the battle starts

Profile here

I have no idea. It was up on the board, so I took it. If was dropped, I'll just delete the thread.

Yeah, that was the challenge I tried to take but I was too slow by like hours:

M'kay. Though I had three challenges before and it didn't show I was barred.

EDIT: Eh, I'll actually just drop my battle with Amaraia410, in that case, so I can take Alraunne's challenge.

Making another challenge, because I honestly could not shake this idea.

2v2 Single
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO moves, Weather moves
Arena: SSV Normandy
Description: Commander Shepard is known across the galaxy for her heroics; she killed Saren and Sovereign, and then went ahead and saved the Council too. She did all this in a ship known as the SSV Normandy. This is where the battle takes place - or, well, it takes place in what's left of it. An unknown attacker struck the Normandy, and the ship is currently burning and disintegrating.
Notes: Weather moves and abilities will not work. The ship's kinetic barriers have kicked in about four minutes too late, so nobody's going to fall off the Normandy any time soon. There are fires burning; if a Pokemon touches them they are badly burned. There's also very low gravity, and as such jumping, flying, etc becomes easier.

Reference images, to help the ref: View of the Normandy from outside, from about 5:20 in this video is where the battle starts

Profile here

Eh, sure. Why not?

Link

2 vs. 2 single (can be negotiated)
DQ: 1 Week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: All but Metronome.
Arena: Goldenrod City

Skyscrapers and radio towers abound in the hustle-and-bustle of Goldenrod's city streets, blotting out the sun and yet trapping heat in a paradoxical manner. Wingull harass passerby, people don't look at you as you pass them, and the most garish music blares from every punk's Team Rocket-styled Pokétch, and chatter issues from each and every businessman speaking into a headset.

Time to burn it all to the smoking, charred ground.

The battle begins on a dour-way intersection, cordoned off to the public. Of course, a few of those that haven't realized that this is an infamous Asber Metronome Battle have infiltrated the weak security measures, which are basically some yellow 'CAUTION' tape and a few randomly-placed orange cones.

Water mains and sewers under the streets will burst to provide for the battle's antics, and similar things will happen to ensure the maximum in destruction.

Additional Rules: All Pokémon have infinite energy. Also, the referee may at any time teleport the battlers and themselves to a different place in the city, say, the top of the Department store or something.

ASB Profile

As one of my battles has been done, I shall now pick up the Metronome war between Metallica Fanboy and Blastoise.

I forget if I need my profile to accept a reffing but here it is just so I dont have to edit this later.

3v3 Single
Style: Set
DQ: 5 days
Banned Moves: OHKOs and direct healing
Arena: Giant Toast
Description: It's a big piece of toast. Underneath it is nothing.
Notes: The toast has little pockets to hold water. A Wailord can fit into one. There is a 15% chance that someone might eat the toast and 5% typeless damage is dealt to all combatants. This can happen every 3 rounds.

Profile agogogo

3v3 Single
DQ: 5 days
Banned Moves: OHKOs and direct healing
Arena: Giant Toast
Description: It's a big piece of toast. Underneath it is nothing.
Notes: The toast has little pockets to hold water. A Wailord can fit into one. There is a 15% chance that someone might eat the toast and 5% typeless damage is dealt to all combatants. This can happen every 3 rounds.

Profile agogogo

OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM TOAST

Challenge for Togetic.

2vs2 Single
DQ: 1 week
Banned Moves: OHKO's, 5 Chills/Pokemon, sunny Day
Arena: Meteorite Field

Somewhere in a far off Region, there is a grassy field. However, it is not a normal field. It has four large meteorites in the middle of it. Like the Vielstone metiorites, these meteorites can affect a Pokemon's stats. They can increase a pokemon's Attack, Defense and spedd, and the last can negate all changes. However, a Deoxys has been known to visit the area, and will attack of the battler occasionally.

Effects: A battler can choose to touch one of the meteorites. If they do, one of these things happen:
25%: Attack will be boosted, adding 2% damage to their attacks after all other calculations.
25%: Defence will be boosted, taking 2% damage off attacks used against them after all other calculations.
25%: Speed will be boosted, adding 20 to their base speed.
25%: Nothing will happen.
However, if a battler touches anothr meteor if they have toched one already, the effects of the previous meteor will be negated.

Also, at the beggining of each round, there is a 50% chance a that a Normal Forme Deoxys will come and use Psycho Boost on one of the battlers.

Challenge for Togetic.

2vs2 Single
DQ: 1 week
Banned Moves: OHKO's, 5 Chills/Pokemon, sunny Day
Arena: Meteorite Field

Somewhere in a far off Region, there is a grassy field. However, it is not a normal field. It has four large meteorites in the middle of it. Like the Vielstone metiorites, these meteorites can affect a Pokemon's stats. They can increase a pokemon's Attack, Defense and spedd, and the last can negate all changes. However, a Deoxys has been known to visit the area, and will attack of the battler occasionally.

Effects: A battler can choose to touch one of the meteorites. If they do, one of these things happen:
25%: Attack will be boosted, adding 2% damage to their attacks after all other calculations.
25%: Defence will be boosted, taking 2% damage off attacks used against them after all other calculations.
25%: Speed will be boosted, adding 20 to their base speed.
25%: Nothing will happen.
However, if a battler touches anothr meteor if they have toched one already, the effects of the previous meteor will be negated.

Also, at the beggining of each round, there is a 50% chance a that a Normal Forme Deoxys will come and use Psycho Boost on one of the battlers.

Sure, why not. Can I ask why Sunny Day isn't allowed, though? O.o

I've wanted to try this for a while, so here's my first ever challenge.

2 vs 2 Single
DQ: 7 Days
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healing, weather moves, fire-type moves
Arena: Underwater Battlefield

The field is a standard battle arena, submerged underwater at the bottom of a steep cliff, where it has been abandoned. It is highly advised against using pokemon that require air to breathe, as the battle will take place near the ocean floor and the surface is rather far away; going up to take a breath of air will require a full action, and then another action to return to the fight. These pokemon will need air at least once every two rounds. Water pokemon and pokemon that don't breathe at all do not need to return to the surface. (Trainers get free scuba gear, no need to worry about drowning!)

Obviously, fire-type moves will be useless underwater. Similarly, weather moves will not have any effects below the surface. While underwater, any pokemon with Swift Swim may consider that ability in effect. Any pokemon not used to moving around in water, whether they can breathe or not, have their speed reduced by 1.

Any takers?

Regular members are able to make three challenges; referees who are actively reffing at least one battle are able to make four.

I'm barred from challenging but I have only one active battle and one waiting for ref. Was it because of my battle with Kam? Cause that's finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom