• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone open to a battle:

2vs2 single
Style: set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned moves: OHKO moves, any moves that require a body of water,4 chills/pokemon,2 self healing moves/pokemon
Arena:(first battle, want to keep this simple) Simple Arena (Desert)

No more than simple chalk lines drawn in dirt, this pokemon stadium is an exact replica of those seen in the anime. the ground of this arena is earth, and past the chalk boundary the arena is surrounded by grass. no moves that require a body of water can be performed.

Trainer profile: Here

I'll take it.

Here

Looking for a challenge.

1vs1 single
Style: Set
DQ: Standard week
Banned Moves: OHKO's, limited to 3/pokémon
Arena: Snowpoint city

SnowPoint city, A city that is self explainable. Snow is everywhere and it is freezing. There is a Cave in the city. It is believed to have the legendary pokemon Regigigas within it. At the first part of the cave is where the arena is.

ASB Profile

Last edited:
Looking for a challenge.

1vs1 single
DQ: Standard week
Banned Moves: OHKO's, limited to 3/pokémon
Arena: Snowpoint city

SnowPoint city, A city that is self explainable. Snow is everywhere and it is freezing. There is a Cave in the city. It is believed to have the legendary pokemon Regigigas within it. At the first part of the cave is where the arena is.

ASB Profile

I'll take you on, then.

We have to wait for a ref to take the battle and do that, may I recommend taking a gander over the rules thread and the first post of this one?

you're not going to get a ref within a day. most battle stay there for weeks, maybe even months, before getting a ref. also, complaining about lack of ref is generally frowned upon.

you may want to take a look at all the rules pertaining to the asb forum. also read through the threads a bit so you have a better idea of how things are run and the timeframe they run on. things don't get done instantly.

no need to reply. and I'm not going to further clog up this thread.

2v2 Single
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 99%
Banned: Every move in existence, Chill
Arena: Kam's House

Prior to the battle, everyone will drink some highly toxic Ultrametronomium Chloride (brand name Motherf&@!in' Metronome Milk!!!). This grants everyone a) infinite energy and b) the ability to use Metronome at the cost of forgetting every other move in existence.

This fight takes place in my house, specifically, my room and the area below it. I'll provide a nice little diagram for the ref, but it's about 5x3 meters. The battle starts on the top floor, where my room can be found. Provided that the floorboards are broken, via usage of Earthquake, Draco Meteor, Rock Tomb, what have you; everyone will fall eight feet down to the first floor, taking 8% damage as a result.

Pretty much anything in this house that looks like you could set it on fire is flammable. Anything can be broken. Anything can happen.

2v2 Single

Prior to the battle, everyone will drink some highly toxic Ultrametronomium Chloride (brand name Motherf&@!in' Metronome Milk!!!). This grants everyone a) infinite energy and b) the ability to use Metronome at the cost of forgetting every other move in existence.

This fight takes place in my house, specifically, my room and the area below it. I'll provide a nice little diagram for the ref, but it's about 5x3 meters. The battle starts on the top floor, where my room can be found. Provided that the floorboards are broken, via usage of Earthquake, Draco Meteor, Rock Tomb, what have you; everyone will fall eight feet down to the first floor, taking 8% damage as a result.

Pretty much anything in this house that looks like you could set it on fire is flammable. Anything can be broken. Anything can happen.

I guess this must be it.

But your profile is missing.

Mine isn't.

2v2 Single

I guess this must be it.

But your profile is missing.

Mine isn't.

whoops.

Because both Blastosie and Linoonie gave me permission a while ago for this but the challenge was dropped.

3vs3 Single (will change to other amount of Pokes, or double if you ask for it.)
Damage cap: 35.3758%
Banned moves: Destiny Bond, Perish Song, OHKOs, 3 Subs/Pokemon, 3 Recovery moves/Pokemon, 5 Chills/Pokemon
Arena: Jello Square of Gigantism

the following field has been made;

A humongous, wiggling, jiggling, shivering cube of gelatin, plopped down in the very deserted clearing that once held an oversized, piping-hot blueberry pie. The slippery surface of the delectable dessert itself is divided in half, each half a color of a battler's choosing. Any Pokémon that would be otherwise forced to fall off of the battlefield will be stopped by the mystical Jello spirits protecting the area and lifted back up. The arena itself is large enough for a battle between a couple of Snorlax, with room to spare.

Every round, the Jello flavor on the field will change. The changes are as follows, and each has a 10% chance of happening:

Clear- No effect.
Cherry- +1 attack to anyone who eats it.
Blue Rasberry- +1 defense to anyone who eats it.
Strawberry- +1 special attack to anyone who eats it.
Lime- +1 special defense to anyone who eats it.
Piña Colada-tov Cocktail- Explosive; causes roughly 5% typless damage if thrown, plus the normal damage taken from a projectile; highly combustable and causes mild heartburn if consumed.
Root Beer- Causes all Pokémon (and trainers) to float slightly and weigh one-fourth of normal weight for the entire round.
Coffee- Gives standard level of energy for a chill and does not count towards chill counter. Causes mild confusion three actions after consumption.
Green Tea- Cures any status effects other than Freeze and Attracted when eaten. Gives 5% health to all pokémon the first time it appears.
Pudding- The field turns to Jello-brand pudding for the round, but magically retains its cube shape, except on the top. -1 speed to Pokémon.
Watermelon- Increases the power of all projectile attacks by x1.5.

There is an equal chance of all of the flavor changes, but if the referee rolls the same flavor as the previous round, he/she must reroll until a different one is randomly selected. In addition, chills are replaced by the order to eat jello, which replenishes the same amount of energy as a chill would.

Other: Large puddles of melted jello will be automatically provided for water-dependent Pokémon. These can also be requested at the release of any Pokémon. Any and all water-type moves will immediately turn to jello-juice as it leaves the user's various orifices, and moves like Surf (which are fueled by a rather large part of the field liquifying) will form out of liquified gelatin.

Getting Hungry?

Because both Blastosie and Linoonie gave me permission a while ago for this but the challenge was dropped.

3vs3 Single (will change to other amount of Pokes, or double if you ask for it.)
Damage cap: 35.3758%
Banned moves: Destiny Bond, Perish Song, OHKOs, 3 Subs/Pokemon, 3 Recovery moves/Pokemon, 5 Chills/Pokemon
Arena: Jello Square of Gigantism

the following field has been made;

A humongous, wiggling, jiggling, shivering cube of gelatin, plopped down in the very deserted clearing that once held an oversized, piping-hot blueberry pie. The slippery surface of the delectable dessert itself is divided in half, each half a color of a battler's choosing. Any Pokémon that would be otherwise forced to fall off of the battlefield will be stopped by the mystical Jello spirits protecting the area and lifted back up. The arena itself is large enough for a battle between a couple of Snorlax, with room to spare.

Every round, the Jello flavor on the field will change. The changes are as follows, and each has a 10% chance of happening:

Clear- No effect.
Cherry- +1 attack to anyone who eats it.
Blue Rasberry- +1 defense to anyone who eats it.
Strawberry- +1 special attack to anyone who eats it.
Lime- +1 special defense to anyone who eats it.
Piña Colada-tov Cocktail- Explosive; causes roughly 5% typless damage if thrown, plus the normal damage taken from a projectile; highly combustable and causes mild heartburn if consumed.
Root Beer- Causes all Pokémon (and trainers) to float slightly and weigh one-fourth of normal weight for the entire round.
Coffee- Gives standard level of energy for a chill and does not count towards chill counter. Causes mild confusion three actions after consumption.
Green Tea- Cures any status effects other than Freeze and Attracted when eaten. Gives 5% health to all pokémon the first time it appears.
Pudding- The field turns to Jello-brand pudding for the round, but magically retains its cube shape, except on the top. -1 speed to Pokémon.
Watermelon- Increases the power of all projectile attacks by x1.5.

There is an equal chance of all of the flavor changes, but if the referee rolls the same flavor as the previous round, he/she must reroll until a different one is randomly selected. In addition, chills are replaced by the order to eat jello, which replenishes the same amount of energy as a chill would.

Other: Large puddles of melted jello will be automatically provided for water-dependent Pokémon. These can also be requested at the release of any Pokémon. Any and all water-type moves will immediately turn to jello-juice as it leaves the user's various orifices, and moves like Surf (which are fueled by a rather large part of the field liquifying) will form out of liquified gelatin.

Getting Hungry?

Because the Blastoise/Linoone battle was the first I ever read, and it's what got me into ASB, I can't resist.

Naw, I'm not getting hungry, I just ate.

Or maybe I am.

New Challenge!

2vs2
DQ: 2 weeks
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Chills limited to 3/pokemon
Arena: Pewter City Gym

With a rather lackluster amount of good challenges and therefore payment recently, Brock has decided to lend out the gym's arena for a bit of money. The arena consists of the regular battlefield, with a few rocks placed around. The rocks are easily shattered at will cause a pokemon 2% damage if they hit them.

Other: Rock typed moves will do 2% more damage after all calculations. There are some rocks scattered around that will deal 2% damage when hit.

Are you ready?

New Challenge!

2vs2
DQ: 2 weeks
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Chills limited to 3/pokemon
Arena: Pewter City Gym

With a rather lackluster amount of good challenges and therefore payment recently, Brock has decided to lend out the gym's arena for a bit of money. The arena consists of the regular battlefield, with a few rocks placed around. The rocks are easily shattered at will cause a pokemon 2% damage if they hit them.

Other: Rock typed moves will do 2% more damage after all calculations. There are some rocks scattered around that will deal 2% damage when hit.

Are you ready?

Brock isn't lending it out. I'm in the battle! ((but you're still paying for it))

Okay, trying a challenge.

2v2 single
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: 1 OHKO/trainer (only usable if your opponent is on their first Pokemon), 1 Chill/Pokemon, 1 Direct Healing/Pokemon, weather-altering moves
Arena: Bronze Arena

An oval arena, basically a plain sandy floor with many seats surrounding it. The seats are high up, so attacks should not endanger spectators. The arena itself is also made of highly polished black marble. Among the seats are also several tall marble pillars, although these probably won't be used to enhance any attacks unless the trainer is creative enough. Any Water-type attacks will probably dry up quickly because of the intense heat in this arena. The trainers stand in alcoves built into the side of the arena, and will send out their Pokemon from there.

The spectators are here to watch an exciting fight, so any Pokemon using a nonoffensive move (including the Chill/direct healing allowed) will find itself being jeered and mocked by the spectators, equal to the effects of a Taunt attack, coming into effect right after the action it uses a nonoffensive move.

If a Pokemon successfully uses an OHKO move, the spectators will cheer enthusiastically, having the equivalent of a Swagger being used on the next Pokemon to be sent out.

If any Pokemon uses a move that damages the arena severely (small cracks and stuff are okay, they'll be fixed between turns), the spectators will be hurried out, and thereafter the above condition will not count, and the number of chills and direct healings allowed will rise to 3 for both. (If a Pokemon has already used its allowed chill/heal, that will count towards this new total.) However, as a penalty, 5% typeless damage will be dealt to each battling Pokemon. The damaged arena will also have a 5% chance of collapsing, which will rise by 3% each turn. If the arena collapses, the battle is considered over, and whichever trainer has more Pokemon nonfainted wins. If both trainers are on their last Pokemon, the one with a higher energy+health total wins.

My profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom