• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open Challenge

Type: three on three single, Switch-style
DQ time: one week
Damage Cap: 30 percent
Banned Moves: one hit KOs
Arena: Kinleaf Forest's Battle Garden

This is a grassy field that is secluded by an electric fence. There is a lounge and registry center before entering.. The Battle Garden is where many Gildor Trainers battle it out for the top and where the first gym battle with Flora takes place. There are rocks scattered around.

Other Details:

May it please be actually like an actual battle where I could control how many times my Pokemon attacks and not have to put it in an actual form?

Open Challenge

This is a grassy field that is secluded by an electric fence. There is a lounge and registry center before entering.. The Battle Garden is where many Gildor Trainers battle it out for the top and where the first gym battle with Flora takes place. There are rocks scattered around.

Other Details:

May it please be actually like an actual battle where I could control how many times my Pokemon attacks and not have to put it in an actual form?

I will accept, but I don't think any ref will allow that.

Anyone feel free to correct me, but the form the Attack~Attack~Attack is more to clarify what you want than anything and make it clear and easy for the ref to understand. But how and specifications you can describe as well. And the three phase thing I think is because well, the pokemon can only remember so much each round.

Don't worry you'll get used to it.

Open Challenge

Other Details:

Phantom is correct: this kind of battle is not allowed because the number of times a pokémon attacks per round is standardized such that one player can't overwhelm the other with a load of attacks and the referee isn't burdened with trying to write up ten or so moves in a single round. Putting the attacks in the Command 1 ~ Command 2 ~ Command 3 format is simply to make them easier for your opponent(s) and referee to understand at a glance.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any game structured in the way that you described. If you're looking for that kind of experience, you would probably be better off looking for someone to freeform RP with you.

Could you try and explain in more detail what it is that's really bothering you about how regular battles are organized? A roleplay does sound like it would be better for you, but if you still want to try ASB, maybe there's something you could do with your arena so that you'd enjoy the battle more! The arena doesn't only have to be a place and that's it, you can also make up some other things about how the battles goes! You can't make things totally ridiculous and you still have to have restrictions and have things make sense, but for instance Klutzershy posted a really creative battle a while ago. You might want to look at that for an idea of how different you can make your own battle, even though the battle style itself isn't what you're looking for!

Too, it might be a good idea to try a normal battle for a while to get the hang of things and see what you think of it once you've tried it; it's valid to have an opinion on things without trying, of course (as you can't help it), but you might realize it's not as bad as it sounds!

And the three phase thing I think is because well, the pokemon can only remember so much each round.

I'm pretty sure that a Pokemon could learn to do one or two moves per round. I am not about to overload attacks on my opponent. I am just not that type of battler. I just like to strategize. Like surprise someone while the are fighting my first Pokemon on land and then my other Pokemon just bursts out the ground. It makes a sweet image in my head.

I'm pretty sure that a Pokemon could learn to do one or two moves per round. I am not about to overload attacks on my opponent. I am just not that type of battler. I just like to strategize. Like surprise someone while the are fighting my first Pokemon on land and then my other Pokemon just bursts out the ground. It makes a sweet image in my head.

Yeah, but you can do that. The command string is a summary of your commands, so if you wanted to have your Drilbur dig down then attack, you could just have Dig (dodge then attack)~attack~attack and then throw an extra two attacks at the end like that! ..Though if you want to only attack once or twice a round you could do that too. Your opponent probably wouldn't have a problem with that :V

It's possible to say, command your Pokemon to rip a boulder out of the ground and hide behind it. It's just that not many people do that, since Protect or Detect would be more useful in that example. Or your Pokemon could throw that boulder at its opponent, but again, most people don't do that because Rock Throw would probably do more damage.

unless I just misunderstood what you were trying to say

Umm, I have cooled down a bit. I shall just go by the way its always been and now post this open challenge.

Type of Battle: 4 versus 4, Single Battle Switch-style
DQ time is 4 days
Damage Cap is 35%
Banned Moves: None
Arena: Boulderon Gym

The Boulderon Gym is home to many trainer battles that take place in the Gildor League. It is where you battle Minor, the gym leader of rock. The gym has boulders scattered everywhere and the arena is surrounded by a heavy iron wall. Trainers fight from outside the wall.

Additional Details: None.

I hope everyone could forgive me for getting stressed out and from now on, I shall obey by the traditional rules.

Please forgive. :huh:

Last edited:
I dropped this one, and I do think I'll also drop this one on account of another triple battle would be terrible for my sanity at the moment. instead, I will offer this:

3 vs 3 single
dq: 7 days
damage cap: 0%
banned: chills (only)
arena: Testing Environment

No effects.

Last edited:
... would be, er, quite preferable if you'd read through the challenge before accepting. failed to provide a quite important parameter, I think you'll find.

Umm, I have cooled down a bit. I shall just go by the way its always been and now post this open challenge.

Type of Battle: 4 versus 4, Single Battle Switch-style
DQ time is 4 days
Damage Cap is 35%
Banned Moves: None
Arena: Boulderon Gym

The Boulderon Gym is home to many trainer battles that take place in the Gildor League. It is where you battle Minor, the gym leader of rock. The gym has boulders scattered everywhere and the arena is surrounded by a heavy iron wall. Trainers fight from outside the wall.

Additional Details: None.

I hope everyone could forgive me for getting stressed out and from now on, I shall obey by the traditional rules.

Please forgive. :huh:

CJBlazer is that initial battle still open? If not I'll take this new one instead.

Umm, I am new up here, so I would like to request my first battle.

Open to anybody:

Type: 4 on 4 battle in switch mode
DQ: 3 days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: i hit KOs and zero accuracy moves.
Arena: Planet Saiya

I know hwta you might be thinking. "A Pokemon Battle on a Dragonball Z world." Well its worth a try. Planet Saiya is a grassy planet with plenty of wide areas to battle.

Umm, I am new up here, so I would like to request my first battle.

Open to anybody:

Type: 4 on 4 battle in switch mode
DQ: 3 days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: i hit KOs and zero accuracy moves.
Arena: Planet Saiya

I know hwta you might be thinking. "A Pokemon Battle on a Dragonball Z world." Well its worth a try. Planet Saiya is a grassy planet with plenty of wide areas to battle.
I'll take you on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom