• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The CoD Monotype Challenge

told you i would do it.

Green's Greenhouse

Spr_2c_154_s.gif

Chono - lv41 - male - shiny

Spr_2c_070.gif

Flozooka - lv38 - male

Spr_2c_189.gif

Spore - lv37 - female

Grinding is fun.

WATER MONO FTW on Heart Gold.
I have a Dragonair as a Grass counter. She counts! Damn you all who say I can't have her, I'm having her anyway. She has three Water moves and a fire move so who says she can't be on my team? SCREW YOU.

160.png

Marina (the II), Female (obviously)
Ice Fang, Crunch, Aqua Tail, some other move
Note: I had to reset only once to get a female. I suppose female starters like me :P

148.png

Skysurfer, Female
Waterfall, Whirlpool (yeah), Surf (SURF FTW), Flamethrower (FLAMETHROWER FTW)
Note: SHE'S PART OF THE TEAM >:(

131.png

Crystal, Female
Sing (SING FTW), Ice Beam (ICE BEAM FTW), Perish Song (PERISH SONG FTW), Brine (BRINE FTW)
Notes: LAPRAS FTW it rules.

130.png

Rage, Female
Ice Fang, Dragon Dance, Hydro Pump (HYDRO PUMP FTW), Aqua Tail
Notes: She sparkles. :D

230.png

Sea, Female
Yawn (YAWN FTW), Dragon Dance, Hydro Pump, Brine
Notes: Trading FTW.

184.png

Azura, Female
Aqua Ring, Double-Edge, Charm (AZURILL FTW [sorta]), Hydro Pump (HYDRO PUMP FTW)
Notes: ****ING MARILL!!! So I traded over my Azurill.​

If you say get rid of Dragonair, I will ignore you completely. I can't be stuffed putting in the levels.

Yeah that's it for my Water mono. Again, ****ING MARILL why must it be so damned rare. Goddamned Gamefreak!

Most mono-teams allow you to have a wildcard for fly/surf/rock climb purposes (try finding a poison-type pokemon that can learn rock climb other than Nidoking/Nidoqueen) so, I don't see the problem with having a Dragonite on your team. Especially since many of Dragonite's Dex entries say something about it living under water in shipwrecks, and you have to fish to get it in almost (if not every) game you can get it in, so...

NEW WATER MONO POKEMON
121.png

Star, Starmie, Genderless
Blizzard, Minimize, Hydro Pump, Gyro Ball

134.png

Veekun (:D), Vaporeon, Female
Aurora Beam, Acid Armor, Aqua Ring, Hydro Pump​

I fail at this so hard... Only posted two updates. Well, here's another, with... 14+ hours since the last update.

Name: Moriko
Platyime: 24:53 even
Badges: 7
Team:

Chikorita (M)
Lv. 35, Quiet Nature
Body Slam, Synthesis, Magical Leaf, Reflect

Victreebel (M)
Lv. 34, Bashful Nature
Vine Whip, Acid, Cut, Sleep Powder

Jumpluff (M)
Lv. 33, Lonely Nature
Headbutt, Synthesis, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed

Bellossom (F)
Lv. 35, Mild Nature
Mega Drain, Sleep Powder, Magical Leaf, Stun Spore

Gloom (F)
Lv. 33, Serious Nature
Mega Drain, Sweet Scent, Acid, Stun Spore

Exeggutor (M)
Lv. 32, Relaxed Nature
Strength, Hypnosis, Reflect, Leech Seed

For the record, this is a lot harder than I predicted... Grass sucks against everything in these games. Anyways, let's see what I remember. I missed the leaf stone last Saturday for my other Gloom, but I got one for Exeggcute and Weepinbel, anyway. I lost to Morty like three times before getting lucky. Cue Chuck, who wasn't so hard, Exeggutor solo'd him. Jasmine beat me the first time due to excessive crits with her Magnemites against Chikorita, but I won the rematch. Team Rocket's Mahogany hideout was annoying, why does Lance heal you so early on? Anyway, did that, Pryce was really easy but for his Resting Dewgong. Actually all of the gym's Resting Dewgongs were a pain. I forget how I managed to outstall it, but I did with one try. The radio tower scam was really irritating, since -everything- was resistant to grass. Most of the battles were way too close. Especially Archer and his Lv. 38 or so Houndoom. Thankfully, Bellossom is a beast and was able to Stun Spore it, allowing everyone else to slowly wear it down. After about three or so tries, I finally took him down. I'm currently training around Blackthorn City till about 37 before attempting to fight Clair. I don't expect too much trouble if I stick to Jumpluff's and Exeggutor's Normal-Type attaks, but we'll see.

I'm doing a flying on SoulSilver.

Raymond M Pidgeotto

Orren M Zubat

Thomas M Togepi

Jerry M Gyarados

Plus two slaves. I definitelly want to have a Dragonite, but then I'll have less slaves. Maybe I'll just dump Thomas later on. Just reached Goldenrod.

So I have decided to return and finish an easy Ground mono on Ruby. ( I seem to have misplaced my Emberald. D: )

[size=+3]Proposed Team;[/size]
Swampert Flygon Camerupt Claydol

Last edited:
[size=+3]Gary's Underground Adventure[/size]
Marshtomp
Harry ( I'm a Harry Potter nerd, therefore I am determined to name all of my Pokemon after Harry Potter characters. XD )
lvl. 22
Tackle | Mud Slap | Mud Shot | Water Gun

So the first two gyms were SUPER easy. Probably because I was over-leveled, but it's all good. I picked up two HM Pokemon both named HM (Wingull and Nincada). I am currently delivering Steven's letter, then off to Slateport!​

[size=+3]Gary's Underground Adventure[/size]

Swampert
Harry
lvl. 41
Take Down | Mud Slap | Mud Shot | Surf

Camerupt
Hermione
lvl. 33
Amnesia | Take Down | Ember | Magnitude

Trapinch
Ron
lvl. 19 (in training)
Bite | Sand-Attack | Faint Attack

Baltoy
Voldemort
lvl. 23 (in training)
Mud Slap | Psybeam | Rock Tomb | Selfdestruct

So I have gotten through much of the game and I just beat up my father. :D
After much looking I caught my full team, all in Pokeballs. ( Stupid Voldemort XD ) I also evolved my Numel (Woot woot!) and she is a BEAST! Now I am forced to grind the two laggers to level 30 before the next gym. (:
I have my long ride to Texas to thank for the much progress made today. (:​

So after much debating, I have decided to do another mono challenge on Sapphire. It shall be a Flying mono. My proposed team is:
Beautifly Swellow Ninjask Gyarados Altaria Skarmory

Doing Water mono on Ruby.

Mudkip(F)
Lv. 15, Rash Nature
Tackle, Growl, Mud-Slap, Water Gun

Wingull(F)
Lv. 15, Timid Nature
Growl, Water Gun, Supersonic, Wing Attack

Tentacool(M)
Lv. 12, Bold Nature
Poison Sting, Supersonic, Cut, Constrict

Magikarp(F)
Lv. 12, Relaxed Nature
Splash, -, -, -

Goldeen(M)
Lv. 12, Lonely Nature
Peck, Tail Whip, Water Sport, Supersonic

And HM slave that has Pickup:
Zigzagoon(F)
Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip, Cut

Training for Brawly by fishing, since all of the Pokémon I want to train have absolutely no water moves, so no Granite Cave. No Lotad is a bit annoying, but I can deal with that. Roxanne was easy, with Mudkip and Wingull. Tentacool doesn't learn a damaging move other than Poison Sting until level 11, so I taught it Cut, which I'll probably regret later. Ah well. Magikarp is being annoying to train, as usual.

In the southeast corner of Dewford, there's a fisherman who gives you the Old Rod. Unfortunately, you can only catch Magikarp, Tentacool, and Goldeen (back in Petalburg City).

thanks. (: Now I can grind up a Magikarp. JOY! :/
In order to stay on topic, I shall post my Flying mono on Sapphire.

Beautifly
lvl. 18
Tackle | Absorb | Stun Spore | Gust

Taillow
lvl. 17
Peck | Growl | Wing Attack | Quick Attack

Nincada
lvl. 12
Scratch | Harden | Leech Life | Sand-Attack

Magikarp
lvl. 10
Splash

So I just beat Brawly....not hard at ALL. Now I am grinding before I even THINK of challenging Watson. Magikarp and Nincada training is NOT fun. XD​

Last edited:
if you just deliver the letter, you can grab an exp. share from the president. it's not too hard to navigate.

hell, you can put of brawly until just before norman, iirc.

Back
Top Bottom