• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Felt--Homestuck Fan Club

Byrus, have you already looked at The End and What Comes After? You probably have given it's by the same author as SiCk, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. It is kinda dead for now, unfortunately, but it's kind of a little amazing and what's there is worth reading anyway. If, you know, you haven't already.

Cities in Dust is also pretty good (and also moving slowly :( but at least it's come further along than the previous rec). It is kinda Dave/Terezi but I wouldn't call it entirely shipfic; the plot has been really interesting and the hardboiled AU is awesome.

I don't read a ton of HS fic so my suggestions are going to be pretty limited hahaha

homestuck makes my head hurt

but from the parts that I've read

TerezixKarkat is adorable. :>

I started reading recently, too! (I also have Pesterchum.)

Me being me, I've memorised a swath of quotes from it. I need to stop.

I'm in the beginning of Act III.

I, like those above me, have also started reading Homestuck. I just started Act IV and really like things so far.

Last edited:
I just got back into reading Homestuck.

Apparently I haven't read since the hiatus a full year ago. Wow, I had no idea it had been that long! Time really flies.

Eh, Paradox Space has been a big disappointment so far, to be honest. The artwork is definitely nice and I'm enjoying it a lot, but the jokes all fall flat for me. The art in the newest one really draws me in but the strip just ended with another stale "haha eridan is a friendless loser" joke. Yes, nobody likes Eridan because he's creepy and desperate, we got that the first hundred times.

For all the flack the Homestuck fanbase gets for running jokes into the ground, I think it's worth noting that the comic itself is just as guilty of it. Also, this reminds me of how annoying it is that Vriska gets more screen time and is still portrayed as sympathetic despite the fact that's she pulled just as much shit as characters like Eridan, who get treated (appropriately) with scorn. That still bugs me, dammit. (seriously, fuck Vriska, I lost what little patience I had for her after that bullshit she pulled with Tavros in Act 6.)

Sorry for the minor rant, just need somewhere to vent my nerd rage during this absurdly long hiatus. :P At least PS is still in its early days, so hopefully something memorable will come out of it.

Last edited:
Yeah, gotta agree that I've found Paradox Space to be pretty lame so far. Genuine disappointment because as you say the art is often nice and pretty, but I just haven't found it at all funny. (Despite that I personally find Vriska a lot more sympathetic than Eridan, although she's still one of my least favorite characters.)

Hoping we get some info on how the HS video game's going soon. It was originally supposed to be done sometime this year, right? There's a 0% chance of that actually happening, but it would be nice to hear what stage of development it's in right now.

Yeah, gotta agree that I've found Paradox Space to be pretty lame so far. Genuine disappointment because as you say the art is often nice and pretty, but I just haven't found it at all funny. (Despite that I personally find Vriska a lot more sympathetic than Eridan, although she's still one of my least favorite characters.)
Whaaat, I love Vriska. Of course, I'm not up to date yet, but she seems pretty cool in spite of her overall douchiness!

Hoping we get some info on how the HS video game's going soon. It was originally supposed to be done sometime this year, right? There's a 0% chance of that actually happening, but it would be nice to hear what stage of development it's in right now.
Also wow that sounds really cool, I haven't even heard of it! I hope it's not anything like the little pixely flash games, though, I don't really like those.

oh god oh god I got to
fuCKING TRICKSTER MODE
I can't breathe oh god

Vriska isn't cool guys
you know who's cool though
Kankri.

I did! It's pretty crazy that they actually managed to finish it--it's been how many years? Mad props for taking it all the way to the end, and it turned out pretty well, too.

That's freaking awesome!

I hit the gigapause two days ago, and I'm pretty pissed. At least I can look at anything on the internet about Homestuck now.

Back
Top Bottom