• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Felt--Homestuck Fan Club

Yeah, it's been in the making for around three years! It turned out well. I think Terezi's bit is my favourite. I also loved the little details like Eridan initially preparing to fire at Sollux before he attacked the King.

so uh
upd8
discuss?

How fucked is John?
Will there or will there not be a gif in the oct 25 update? (I'm leaning towards no, since this was made a year ago)

edit: check this out.

Last edited:
So, uh.... How about the newest flash, huh?

The beginning of it had me laughing... and then the HORRENDOUS AGONY BEGAN.

A third of the cast dead in about a minute. Geez.

To be honest, I felt like some of the god tier deaths were pretty forced... Dave's in particular. John's death wasn't considered heroic when he died fighting Jack Noir (and avenging both his and Rose's parents), but Dave's is now, when he was avenging Jade? Your death should accomplish something if it's going to be counted as heroic. Same with Jake, though I can see how it was considered heroic.

Aranea's death was just, yes... I'm not sure about Jane's (with Jade as a reference point, she only had a just death because Aranea manipulated the grandfather clock). This was just a BLAM BLAM KILL THEM ALL fest, really, and for little reason this time.

I do really like Carne Vale the song, though. I didn't expect it to be used in an update... but it fits this one.

Heh, I really didn't remember what was happening in the main storyline, so the update for me was pretty much a bunch of "wait why are they fighting again hang on what is going on WHAT IS GOING ON??" I also managed to mistake Aranea for Vriska, which made things really weird. Guess I've got some re-reading to do.

tbh most of what I remember from Act 6 is a lot of faffing around and bickering, so I'm honestly pretty stoked to see the plot moving along again, even if it means several of my favorite characters getting murderized.

Hussie hinted that there may be some more info about the game soon; pretty pumped about that.

Even if Dave's death is forced, it doesn't really matter since it was heroic. It was just to stoke the mass-murder fire a bit. Now, the trolls' death. What. The. Fuck. The only beta trolls who aren't dead are... Kanaya and Terezi, I think?

Even if Dave's death is forced, it doesn't really matter since it was heroic. It was just to stoke the mass-murder fire a bit. Now, the trolls' death. What. The. Fuck. The only beta trolls who aren't dead are... Kanaya and Terezi, I think?
Nope. Just Terezi. Kanaya got vaporized.

On a relevant note: does anyone else think that the fact that it was Kanaya who killed Gamzee made it a very dissatifsying and anticlimactic way to kill him off? Wouldn’t it have been more apt and climactic if it had been Terezi or even Karkat?

Caliborn's journey as an artist had me crying every step of the way.

At last, I enter the hall of fame. The hall of fame that consists of people who have read all of existing Homestuck. Hell yeah.

(Sorry to disrupt the flow of the update discussion) I'm actually a relatively new Homestuck fan (started reading it last year or so? i'm on Act 6 Act 1 i think) and i really enjoy it so far!
I've actually done a couple HS cosplays, my first ever cosplay and HS cosplay was Gamzee at Nashicon in april (i'm the one holding the purple umbrella on the far right) and recently in October I was a fem!Equius!
Sorry to disrupt the previous conversation, I just wanted to share this with the group ^^

(Sorry to disrupt the flow of the update discussion) I'm actually a relatively new Homestuck fan (started reading it last year or so? i'm on Act 6 Act 1 i think) and i really enjoy it so far!
I've actually done a couple HS cosplays, my first ever cosplay and HS cosplay was Gamzee at Nashicon in april (i'm the one holding the purple umbrella on the far right) and recently in October I was a fem!Equius!
Sorry to disrupt the previous conversation, I just wanted to share this with the group ^^

Welcome to the fandom. I see you're already in the thick of it, have a nice stay.

On a relevant note: does anyone else think that the fact that it was Kanaya who killed Gamzee made it a very dissatifsying and anticlimactic way to kill him off? Wouldn’t it have been more apt and climactic if it had been Terezi or even Karkat?
Did Gamzee even die? He ended up "mentoring" Caliborn, which was a considerable amount of time in the future, correct?

There's been speculation that this is a doomed timeline.
I think that's a more viable theory, now that
Roxy herself said the same thing in today's update. It would seem weird for it to be tracking a doomed timeline for so long, but I guess there's precedent for weird plot shit like that?
I also have no idea how that was a Heroic death just now.
If you haven't already, read the God Tier Talk spoiler from Hussie on the site updates. It talks a bit about Heroic/Just deaths and what they mean, and specifically how Rose's death fits in there.

Back
Top Bottom