• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The "Fwee" Thread

Been playing Emerald. The nostalgia, ohgod. I love the reflections in water, I don't remember any other gen doing that. Have two badges so far, going on my third.

Only one problem, dunno what my sixth Pokemon is gonna be. Any recommendations, guys? My team so far is going to be:

Sceptile
Aggron
Milotic
Glalie
Flygon

Been playing Emerald. The nostalgia, ohgod. I love the reflections in water, I don't remember any other gen doing that. Have two badges so far, going on my third.

Only one problem, dunno what my sixth Pokemon is gonna be. Any recommendations, guys? My team so far is going to be:

Sceptile
Aggron
Milotic
Glalie
Flygon

Ninetales!

Good flippin' luck.

Also, Alakazam or Gardeviour would work on your team lol
Just used an Alakazam on Yellow. Made the game ez pz lemon cz
P much took on most of the E4 and Blue by himself. Don't really want another top-tier Psychic on my team this run.

Ninetales!

I was gonna do Houndoom but that's postgame Safari Zone. I'm really just looking into strong Pokemon in types I don't normally use when I'm not using my favs, which is why I chose Glalie.

IMG_1031_zps7dde9d2d.jpg

IT ONLY TOOK LIKE A WEEK?? GOD it's jolly but I am completely apathetic at this point lol considering how long it took and the fact that Latias has a good nature! Besides, Latios still has really damn high special attack anyway. And I'm not really planning to use either of them as anything except perhaps casual playthrough Pokémon.

i told my friends (and my chem teacher but that's a lot less relevant) that i write fiction in my spare time and while they didn't really care (roomie was all "yeah you type a lot i'm unsurprised") at least now i feel comfortable being all YO HELP GIVE ME A NAME. ANY NAME.

i told my friends (and my chem teacher but that's a lot less relevant) that i write fiction in my spare time and while they didn't really care (roomie was all "yeah you type a lot i'm unsurprised") at least now i feel comfortable being all YO HELP GIVE ME A NAME. ANY NAME.

EMMELINE! :D

EMMELINE! :D

i have an Emmanuela, actually! she goes by emmie and i love her dearly. i was considering Emmeline for her though, haha

anyways, dear, dear suitemate of mine has been like the sole person out of the loop on my (nonexistent) love life. not that it's really a secret ("it" being 'oh no there's someone i like a lot help') but it just...it's not even that it hasn't come up in her presence, it's that when it does she's never paying attention, which is alarming because she roomed with me last year when this whole thing started

so anyways, i was wearing a fairly nice shirt today and my one friend was all "you look really nice you should wear that for someone special and since my friends are all assholes about my love life they started talking about the thing said crush person is doing tonight

and the lightbulb FINALLY GOES OFF IT WAS THE FUNNIEST THING

I found a shiny makuhita! makuhita & hariyama aren't really my favourites, but I've never really used either of them until now. apparently shiny hariyama are purple, so i've named him Eggplant. i wasn't even looking for one! I just needed a geodude for my living dex.

(also i made a breakthrough with my honours thesis and i'm hopefully going to apply this week, but the important thing is that i got a shiny pokemon).

Got to play like fourteen hours of M:tG this weekend and it was awesome. One of my friends in the city let me stay with him Saturday night, so we got to go to a two-headed giant prerelease Saturday evening and then a standard prerelease the next morning. I've never played 2HG before, but it was a lot of fun, except for the part where we only had thirty minutes to build our decks (twelve packs thirty minutes zero sanity). I pretty much frantically ripped open my boosters and stared helplessly at everything for a few seconds, then went, "Uhhh looks like I've got lots of green and white guess I'm going Abzan here just take my blue and red just take it I don't even want to deal with this" and dumped all my off-colors on my poor partner.

Anyway, my deck for 2HG ended up being insanely powerful; I pulled an Ugin, which is both the first planeswalker I've ever opened and the first mythic I've ever pulled in a prerelease ever (there are people who have bad luck with boosters and then there's me) and a Cross of Fates, while my partner contributed a Citadel Siege. Naturally we drew absolutely none of our bombs in our matches (well, I was sitting on a Cross of Fates in one game, but of course that was the one where we were steamrolling the other team anyway). We also got a bye and ended up only getting to play with the decks twice, which was super-lame.

I opened a pretty powerful pool on Sunday, too, with Supplant Form in my seeded booster, Silugmar, and Tasigur, but then naturally all the rest of my black sucked and I ended up going Temur instead. My deck was pretty consistent but not terribly bomb-heavy (aside from that Supplant Form), but nevertheless I went 3-1, which is my best record at the prerelease yet!

All in all a ton of fun and I made plans to do it again for Dragons of Tarkir.

Got to play like fourteen hours of M:tG this weekend and it was awesome. One of my friends in the city let me stay with him Saturday night, so we got to go to a two-headed giant prerelease Saturday evening and then a standard prerelease the next morning. I've never played 2HG before, but it was a lot of fun, except for the part where we only had thirty minutes to build our decks (twelve packs thirty minutes zero sanity). I pretty much frantically ripped open my boosters and stared helplessly at everything for a few seconds, then went, "Uhhh looks like I've got lots of green and white guess I'm going Abzan here just take my blue and red just take it I don't even want to deal with this" and dumped all my off-colors on my poor partner.

Anyway, my deck for 2HG ended up being insanely powerful; I pulled an Ugin, which is both the first planeswalker I've ever opened and the first mythic I've ever pulled in a prerelease ever (there are people who have bad luck with boosters and then there's me) and a Cross of Fates, while my partner contributed a Citadel Siege. Naturally we drew absolutely none of our bombs in our matches (well, I was sitting on a Cross of Fates in one game, but of course that was the one where we were steamrolling the other team anyway). We also got a bye and ended up only getting to play with the decks twice, which was super-lame.

I opened a pretty powerful pool on Sunday, too, with Supplant Form in my seeded booster, Silugmar, and Tasigur, but then naturally all the rest of my black sucked and I ended up going Temur instead. My deck was pretty consistent but not terribly bomb-heavy (aside from that Supplant Form), but nevertheless I went 3-1, which is my best record at the prerelease yet!

All in all a ton of fun and I made plans to do it again for Dragons of Tarkir.

awww ye M:tG
we had a club/team at my last highschool. Played with them at the end of the year. Hella fun, they had jerseys made for them for the local tourneys. One of the guys was nicknamed "Magic Mikey". 2HG games were intense, 3HG moreso.

aaahh oh my god this past week was so amazing!

On Thursday, I finished my self portrait for my Art Foundations class. We did a walk around the room to see everyone else's works, and I think I was the only one who had it completely finished (neck and shoulders, value, a colored background). Someone who passed by mine even praised it!

On Friday, we were presenting our scenes for Acting Study. See, in each scene, there's only the male and female leads, so two of us were in each scene. My scene was the only one where the guy was in a coma, so I basically did an entire monologue, and I'm so happy with how well it turned out (I kind of messed up a few minor things, but those can be fixed easily).

This was definitely a good week.

i did an audition yesterday and three people (two of whom were OUTSIDE THE AUDITION ROOM AND COULD APPARENTLY HEAR ME) said i was lovely~

I had a great time with my friends yesterday at a Rennaissance fair. Highlights include: riding an elephant, practicing archery, and watching jousting.

Back
Top Bottom