• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The "Fwee" Thread

So I don't have to retake mechanics! Teacher was terrible, and I didn't do as well as I would've liked to, but I got a good enough grade for the course to count towards my major. Now all I'm waiting on is my calc 2 grade.

I don't even watch the Legend of Korra anymore, but
Korrasami
! !!! !!! !!! I want to catch up with it now.

I don't even watch the Legend of Korra anymore, but
Korrasami
! !!! !!! !!! I want to catch up with it now.
Same here! This show has really been pushing the envelope for a while now; too bad it's paid on Amazon. :( I'll have to use the Nick app or something. Suddenly, I really want to watch it all, though!

Ohh I've only been at this for a few days and I managed to hatch a shiny male Ralts! It's 4IV and missing HP and Attack, but luckily the HP was 28 according to an IV calculator, so it's pretty much perfect anyway. Fabulous sparkly male Mega Gardevoir here I come B]

Last edited:
Christmas (I know I'm late) was amazing. I finally have a phone with functioning wifi again! Being stuck on 3G for a year was pretty lame and ate the data plan a lot.
Also I asked out the girl who I think is the prettiest girl in the school and got rejected. Most people would see that as bad but I'm super proud that I did something that took courage for once. So there's a confidence boost to my life. And I spent New Years hanging out with some of my closest friends. And school is today so I get to see everyone again. It's time to finally buckle down and start working toward all A's, first chair in band, and work on my book more. I'm going to make good use of this year.
Also in my brain the color for 2015 is yellow/gold and red which is cool because the past few years it's been yellow/gold mixed with white, pure yellow, green, and copper. It's good to see the color red in the year again. (my brain likes to assosciate things with colors.)
Now I'm just babbling. Basically, my Holiday break had me feeling euphoric.

Hi guys! It's been forever since I've last posted here, so I figured I would stop by. Things that have happened since I've last been active include
-I'm going to college now! I'm majoring in computer science :)
-I have realized that I'm not an artist. I apologize for posting my terrible art and trying to be someone that I'm not.
-I've grown up. Just looking at my older posts makes me want to curl up and never leave my room again.

It's nice seeing a combination of old and new faces on here, and I'm glad this forum is still semi-active. Good luck with your lives, and don't forget to drink tea and eat cod!

37f2c263-e5c3-461b-96ac-952df42a5f64_zpsc8222ceb.jpg

It took me around a day and a half and probably something like 1500-2500 resets with only the 1/4096 chance to work off (I lost count after 4), but I did the thing! This is the Eon Ticket Latias from Omega Ruby. I figured the best way to commemorate the event that allows me to get my favorite legendaries of all time in the wrong versions would be to have them be shiny.
She doesn't have a nickname presently. If I think of something reasonable, I may use it, but I generally am not the best at nicknaming legendaries. Maybe Sunrise for her and Sunset for the inevitable shiny Latios I'll be chasing? I don't know yet.

37f2c263-e5c3-461b-96ac-952df42a5f64_zpsc8222ceb.jpg
Ohhhh that's awesome, congrats! I really need to figure out a way to get the Eon Ticket because hot damn that yellow is gorgeous. :O

Just curious, did you soft reset the game every time or just run away and talk to it again (since it's apparently been proven that you can 'reset' the Eon ticket Lati by running away from it)?

I finally have friends to do stuff with!! It's been about a whole year of nothing and then I made friends. Now I can actually do things with my life!

Ohhhh that's awesome, congrats! I really need to figure out a way to get the Eon Ticket because hot damn that yellow is gorgeous. :O

Just curious, did you soft reset the game every time or just run away and talk to it again (since it's apparently been proven that you can 'reset' the Eon ticket Lati by running away from it)?

Started out resetting before looking up some stuff on it and realizing you could, in fact, run away (or kill it) and then talk to it again to reset it. Initially, running/killing made no sense to me because I figured if they can shiny-lock, and if they can make roaming Pokémon consistently the same, then they can give the Lati one set of IVs and keep it that way no matter how many times you run, which would make more sense than running and then talking to it and it's suddenly a different color. But apparently the running does work, so I started using that, and that's how I ended up meeting success with this one. It's certainly faster than resetting!

It's certainly faster than resetting!
Yeah I bet (especially since unlike X/Y, ORAS needs that one extra button press to get through the title screens and stuff, thanks to the pond animation in the beginning). Did you manage to get a nice nature/IVs on the Lati?

Also, unrelated: GREATEST SIGH OF RELIEF my Very Suspicious Lump-thing wasn't anything dangerous! It's apparently just some gland I'd never even heard of, and I don't need to do anything about it unless it starts to hurt or something (and even then it's nothing life-threatening). I can finally stop wallowing in anxiety and gross pessimistic thoughts!

Yeah I bet (especially since unlike X/Y, ORAS needs that one extra button press to get through the title screens and stuff, thanks to the pond animation in the beginning). Did you manage to get a nice nature/IVs on the Lati?

I can't even soft reset on my 3DS due to my L and R buttons not working most of the time, so I had to hit home, close OR, and then open it again. I fell into a rhythm but when I realized I could just run and talk again... my god was I happy

I'm not really much into IVs or natures when it comes to Pokémon I don't plan to use competitively, but Latias is Quirky, which is neutral, and honestly I am very pleased with that. Her 31 IVs are in Special Defense, Speed, and Attack; the former two are basically perfect for a Latias. She has a 1 IV in HP, which sucks, but her Special Attack is like 22 or something, which is reasonable considering everything else. All in all I'm pleased.

Back
Top Bottom