• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread

I'm getting slaughtered by Clair because my team average level is still 31. Sigh. I don't know a good spot to level-grind, though.

Speaking of level-grinding, does anyone know of a good place to help me do that? I've decided I want to begin Pokédex completion right away, instead of waiting seven months like I did in Platinum. But in Platinum, I found two trainers who offered up really good experience for only having three Pokémon each, and I fought them with my main team while having the Experience Share attached to low-leveled Pokémon I needed to evolve. I got my whole team to level 100 through it, and now I've registered 487 in my Platinum dex (missing Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, Groudon, Rayquaza and Latios). But the lack of Vs. Seeker in HGSS makes it hard to find trainers that give good experience and can be fought consistently; I would use the E4, except I wouldn't be able to train as quickly and as efficiently, since I wouldn't be able to take more than one Pokémon-in-training into the E4 battle at a time. I don't want to use the PokéWalker, since it only gives one level per stroll and I can't be switching stuff around all that much at school, which is where I normally bring the PokéWalker. I also don't want to manually train; it takes a while and doesn't give my main team levels. And finally, I don't want to trade everything over from Platinum; I'd rather do as much completion as possible in HG itself.

So... where the hell should I do my training? Ideas?

You can try repeatedly calling gym leaders for rematches within their call window, as someone else suggested earlier; other than that, though, the only thing I can think to suggest is high-level pokémon locations like the Unknown Dungeon or Mt. Silver. You might also want to try getting yourself a lucky egg or two if you can.

I would suggest messing with the trainer house, but that doesn't give exp as I'm fairly sure it used to. :/

I beat Clair and caught Lugia (Sassy? Bah...). My team is quite underleveled, woo! I think I'll train/mess around a bit before heading to the E4.

TYPHLOSION lv. 37
"Calcifer" | Timid nature | Male

VICTREEBEL lv. 36
"Raja" | Modest nature | Male

POLITOED lv. 36
"Oolong" | Timid nature | Female

SCIZOR lv. 34
"Iris" | Brave nature | Female

UMBREON lv. 35
"Orpheus" | Sassy nature | Male

XATU lv. 36
"Ozymandias" | Modest nature | Male

You can try repeatedly calling gym leaders for rematches within their call window, as someone else suggested earlier; other than that, though, the only thing I can think to suggest is high-level pokémon locations like the Unknown Dungeon or Mt. Silver. You might also want to try getting yourself a lucky egg or two if you can.

Bleh, the Gym Leader rematches are ridiculously infrequent. Oh well, maybe I'll use Mt. Silver when I'm not battling them. 'll take longer, but meh.

Bleh, the Gym Leader rematches are ridiculously infrequent. Oh well, maybe I'll use Mt. Silver when I'm not battling them. 'll take longer, but meh.
If you mess with the DS clock, its really easy. If you want to train on water type Pokemon, set the clock and calendar to when Misty is available and call her. They're available an unlimited amount of times as long it's the right time period.

If you mess with the DS clock, its really easy. If you want to train on water type Pokemon, set the clock and calendar to when Misty is available and call her. They're available an unlimited amount of times as long it's the right time period.

I hate doing that, but if it's in the PURSUIT OF THE TRUTH *cough* I might consider it.

Ah, just got SoulSilver. It's Amazing!

Trainer Peter

Cinnabon [Chikorita] (M)
Lv 8
Overgrow

Harley [Pidgey] (F)
Lv 4
Tangled feet

Wraith [Weedle] (F)
Lv 4
Shield Dust

Pokewalker

Simon [Pidgey] (M)
Lv 4

Now that I've beat Red, I'm considering starting over (:V) and taking Kratos Aurion's approach - spending forever filling up the Pokédex while fighting gyms. Except I might consider getting 25 or even 30 entries in the 'dex instead of the 20 Kratos was using; it would be harder but it'd be filled faster (30 before each gym = 480 in the 'dex before Blue, which would require one hell of a lot of trading legends from Platinum but would mean I'd only need 17 more after beating Blue). I'd probably use the exact same team I'm currently using, which is probably kind of stupid, but hey.

Of course, I am absolutely terrible at making up my mind about stuff like this and I'd like to see what TCoD has to say even though they have absolutely no reason to care about my fickleness. :V Thoughts?

Beat the game, but cannot get past 5 badges in Kanto!! How do you get to Cinnabar, Viridian, Pallete, and Pewter wothout being blocked by the f***ing police guy? >_<

HEY I HAVE A QUESTION.

I am wondering if anyone wants to trade a Dratini for a, um, Dratini. You see, I want to use Dragonite, but it takes a long time to train, so I wanted to get the EXP boost from trading it. It's just a regular Lv. 15 Dratini, nothing special, but if anyone could help me out that would be pretty great.

Anyways, I completely destroyed Whitney, and all of my Pokemon were Lv. 20 or lower. Growl and Tail Whip worked wonders on her. :)

My team:
Shizo (Doduo) Lv. 18
Seabiscuit (Ponyta) Lv. 19
Fang (Croconaw) Lv. 19
Kangaskhan Lv. 20

Once again, I seem to be getting almost entirely female Pokemon. For my second game in a row, my starter was female.

But if someone can help me with the Dratini situation that would be great.

I'm playing Voltorb Flip to get the Ice Beam TM for Laluz. Then I just need to train her so she can beat the Dragon Gym, which by the way, is really hard for me to get out of once I go to the second moving platform. I never did get out the first time, I had to purposely lose to a trainer so I could go heal.

Training and and fighting Team Rocket right now. :3

My team:
Metooth (Feraligatr) Lv. 40
Parrapa (Togetic) Lv. 38
Sykle (Scyther) Lv. 34

Sykle is the one I'm training now. I was training Parrapa, now him. :D

Ok, what's a good nature for a Dratini? I want to trade one over from Platinum and I have like 20, so I'd just like to know :3

Woohoo! I just beat Archer! :3 Sykle gained a lot of experience from beating Houndoom, who was two levels above him. :o Now my team is nice and even-leveled~

Metooth (Feraligatr) Lv. 40
Parrapa (Togetic) Lv. 38
Sykle (Scyther) Lv. 37

Okay I've decided to start over and I've decided to use Bellossom.

Only problem: I know how to get a Sun Stone, but I've done the Bug Catching Contest three times. The first time I caught a Beedrill. The second time I caught a Pinsir. The third time I caught a Scyther. All three times, I did not place anywhere. My Pinsir and Scyther were literally beat by Paras and Kakuna - and then, adding insult to injury, the first placer in the one where I got Pinsir was another Pinsir, and the one where I got Scyther had a Scyther place first.

How the hell is the contest judged nowadays and how the hell am I supposed to win a Sun Stone like this?

Back
Top Bottom