• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread

Rematched Morty (WHY THE HECK DO YOU HAVE TWO GENGARS?!) and annihilated him with Sterling.
Proceeded to catch Suicune! :D

I thought it came into paly as long as there wasnt any obstruction such as hail, sandstorm etc, even i notice that my gloom had its speed raised after a while, and even in the beginnin, it was able to outspeed an electrode at least.

No, I think superyoshi was right, you get it after getting that guy's Farfetch'd for him. But there's also one hidden in the Ruins of Alph.

Yeah, Serebii says that you can get it both places, the charcoal dude, and the Ruins of Alph, but you can't buy it.

hm, I was just wondering, Cause you can buy it in the old game. Oh well Sorry i was wrong ^.^"
Oh and to anyones attention, which do you think is the better choice? Poliwratch or politoed?

Status: Currently trying (and utterly failing) to catch Ho-oh. I've been at this for a few hours and nothing is happening. I am even using Heavy Balls when it's low on health and asleep, which the main site's Capture Mechanics page writes as "19.753% chance per ball, approximately 6 balls needed on average", but I'll be damned if that's really the case. It keeps breaking out of the Heavy Balls without them even wobbling first. This is really fucking annoying.

... and it doesn't help that my sleep-user is a Bellossom. Sunny Day allows it to go first against Ho-oh, but Sunny Day also means it is invariably KOed by Sacred Fire and Fire Blast (without Sunny Day it survives with a few HP).

EDIT: FIIIIIINAAALLLY. And it was an a fucking Ultra Ball too. Go figure.

Now to go do something else that's possibly less annoying.

^ Heh, I was walking through Viridian Forest for the first time at the right time to see Bugsy and get his phone number by chance. Also, yesterday - actually, no, must have been in the early morning today - I met Chuck at his spot in Route 47 when I was exploring the more difficult-to-reach locations in that area for the first time, and got a commemorative photo taken with him. 'Twas a neat surprise. I might have read about his location and the time he was there before, but if I had, I'd forgotten about it, and it was a coincidence anyway.

Last edited:
I'm tryin to train a team in S.S, and its not going well. My highest is at level 60, and im tryin to get 2 mid 70s. there is like no training place in this game. The elite four is even a little too high right now!

diont know if somebody already posted this, but. i found a way to clone in hg/ss.
go for a stroll and turn off before done saving!

EDIT: never mind, when i returned from stroll, the pokemon was released:(

Pryce has just been defeated! He was challenging, but not so much that I had to bust out my Revives.

Wile I was training for Pryce I caught Entei. I had no plans for catching Entei until after I cuaght Ho-oh, but I ran into it and figured I might as well though an Ultra Ball at it, even though it probably would break out. Except it didn't break out.

My current party(all at Lv. 30):
Polio/Poliwirl(M)
Vio/Espeon(M)
Wooda/Sudowoodo(F)
Zaro/Ampharos(M)
Toro/Tauros(M)
Flaro/Quilava(M)

Just beat Lance with my last Pokémon (Feraligatr) with 7 HP. :V That was pretty damn awesome. My last save was before entering the E4 room anyway, so had Air Slash done seven more damage I would've had to redo all five people. ~_~

[Windmill] Electabuzz (M) Level 46
[Gatorface] Feraligatr (M) Level 45
[Jish] Bellossom (M) Level 44
[Firebolt] Arcanine (M) Level 45
[Maya] Gengar (F) Level 46
[Flamelo] Fearow (M) Level 45

The only team member who didn't get very good screentime in the E4 was Jish, because his only attacking moves are Leaf Blade and Acid. Grass is not a good type to have on the Johto E4, since really the only thing it's good against is Bruno's Onix (which is the single Pokémon Jish fought). Well, and Will's Slowbro, but I swept him with Gengar, who OHKO'd everything he had with Dark Pulse (I wanted to save Shadow Ball PP for later). And Poison... really, do I need to explain? The only Grass Pokémon in the E4 are Exeggcutor and Vileplume, and Poison is neutral on both anyway. Plus Acid doesn't get STAB and is only 40 power. It's just sort of there until I get Leaf Storm (yes, my Bellossom's only attack type will be Grass. However, I hate using TMs unless they're HMs, and the only HM Bellossom learns is Cut... no thanks. By level, Bellossom's pre-evolutions (and by extension, Bellossom itself) get exactly two non-Grass moves: Natural Gift and Acid. Natural Gift I wouldn't use 'cause it requires excessive Berry usage, and Acid... we've already covered that).

Gonna take a bit of a break before I go to Kanto, 'cause once I get there it's back to catching excessive stuff, and I'm not quite in the mood for that.

My play time reads ~115 hours. And I've only just beat the E4. Well, it's worth it to have an easier time with the 'dex later.

Got killed by Chuck- and I would've had him too, but he got a critical. And I also would've had him too, but I forgot to stock up for the good ol' tactic that is ITEM SPAM and I only had like 5 Full Restores.

But I saved in front of him, so HAHAHA rematch tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom