• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Requests Open The Place Where You Request Stuff

Is this thread useful?

• Yes

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Kinda

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
THREE, COUNT 'EM, THREE REQUESTS. Big ones, to. All finished on the same day. So there's Blazaria, and not just a simple drawing, but a whole freakin' comic. I go above and freakin' beyond. Sometimes. Anyway, I should work on my handwriting in the future. :p

I know the panels and stuff aren't straight. But that since Mewtini wanted there still to be a sketchiness, I didn't feel that a whole lot of effort should be dumped into perfection.

I'll get to work on Mystic's next. Shouldn't take horribly long, but I'm not starting 'till tomorrow.

Last edited:
Artist: Anyone who can make a GOOD banner.
Username: Dark Koala
Art: I would like a picture of an Absol walking down a street at night, with shadows creeping up on him, with Absol completely unaware of it. I would like a side-view, with Absol walking right. And one more thing: I would like, in red text, "The Place Where Nightmares Come to Life" (no quotes)

And one more thing, if you dont mind. A question for Black Yoshi. How do you make your pics so good, and what do you do it on?

And one more thing, if you dont mind. A question for Black Yoshi. How do you make your pics so good, and what do you do it on?

Well, not sure what you mean by 'make your pics so good,' but I'll try to answer. Hope it's the right answer. ._.;

Lately, I've been drawing everything in my sketchbook, with pencil, inking with a Pigma Sensei 03 pen, and 06 for bold lines. I scan, load into Photoshop Elements 5.0 (I want an upgrade. But I cannot has an upgrade without spending lots of money), and color/shade with my Tablet. Each color gets its own layer, so if I screw up (which happens a lot), corrections are easy. Text is also done in photoshop, for me. It's a lot easier that way, and the computer is more creative with fonts than I am. And more consistent.

If I do any digital comics in the future, I'll probably use Manga Studio.

Did I answer your question, or just strike out completely and miss the whole point?

You did a little of both. But lets scratch out how you draw so good, and just keep what you use. In that case you hit it right on the mark :D

Artist: Any one willing
Username: Spunky the raichu
Art:A banner I can put in my signature depicting a magikarp in front of a picture of a
wavy american flag background and the words "Vote for soupfish" In gold next to the magikarp.

Image: Use this sprite; Magikarp

Last edited:
Artist: Any one willing
Username: Spunky the raichu
Art:A banner I can put in my signature depicting a magikarp in front of a
waving american flag background and the words "Vote for soupfish" In gold next to the magikarp.

Image: Use this sprite; Magikarp

Waving? I can't do .gif animations.

And, here you go, Spunky.
soupfishbanner.png

Any complaints? PM me.

Artist: Black Yoshi. (Yeah, I saw your art and stuff...I NEED MORE!)
Username: Ulqi-chan.
Art: Can I maybe have a sketchie of Celest, my character in Masque Carnivalia? If it's not too much trouble. Any pose works for me.
Other: I kinda want it to stay a sketchie, so don't color it or anything. :D

Thank you!

FYI about my three requests, I've got two big pieces of paper that need to have art stuff on them by wednsday, so I'll be working on those a lot rather than finishing up my requests. But hopefully, by the time the upcoming weekend rolls around, I'll have things ready for you guys. Thank you for being relatively patient with me, especially Mystic (I don't remember your new username.) who's been jipped out of her avvy for a long time.

Artist: Black Yoshi
Username: Lirris
Art:

Apoplogies first, then:

A group photo of:

Alex Kurohari: Alex is built lankily but decently muscular, unlike his father, he is actually more agile, suiting himself to his Pokémon’s’ typical battle strategies. Alex wears a tattered mauve belt around his forehead, and possesses an electric blue sapphire ear stud in his right ear. His white hair is loose and sits messily atop his head and along the back of his neck. He wears a loose fitting white shirt, with leather bracers on his wrists and forearms to help prevent injury when training. He wears baggy beige pants and durable black sandals. His bag is several pouches strapped to his legs, waist and a small sack with a couple pouches.

-Name: Set
-Species: Weavile
-Moveset: Night Slash, Ice Punch, Brick Break, Fake Out
-Personality: Set’s personality is very much like Alex’s, being very hyper-active and upbeat. Set enjoys employing the strategies of his parents, Zhassa’s parents, as well as his own design. Set is also quite carefree and fun-loving, and has no problems about lazing about.
-Accessories: A ragged maroon scarf tied loosely around his neck, several scars at the base of his neck, bandages around his left ankle.

-Name: Zhassa
-Species: Zangoose
-Moveset: Close Combat, Return, Shadow Claw, Swords Dance
-Personality: Zhassa, unlike her cousin, Set, is calm, reserved, and fairly dismissive, finding little to no interest in fooling around, especially if the opportunity to train is present. This makes her seem like the “dull” or “boring” member of the team. Despite all this, it is assumed that she may actually be quite compassionate, but no other Pokémon has won these possible affections yet.
-Accessories: Tape wrapped around her fists and feet, and a black bandanna with a red paisley pattern.

-Name: Arcade
-Species: Ninjask
-Moveset: X-Scissor, Night Slash, Swords Dance, Baton Pass
-Personality: Arcade is the prime definition of ADHD, being unable to stop period, even when it looks as though he’s completely still (less his wing beats to remain aloft) he is actually quickly shifting back and forth making it appear that he is in the same spot, but actually in constant motion. He also has a tendency to reposition himself around someone when talking to them, a trait that Zhassa finds incredibly annoying. Arcade is Set’s closest (Pokémon) friend, and the two often play jokes on the rest of the team. Arcade can also take a serious outlook on things, something Set can’t do for some reason, and often finds the quickest solution to tend to these things. Arcades split persona, as a Shedinja, is Gamble. Gamble remains on Nanka’s ranch, and hangs out with the ghost, dark, and bug Pokémon in a ruined mansion that was erected on the property for that purpose.
-Accessories: Aviator goggles, often sitting on his forehead, but when in combat, or scouting, covering his eyes so that dust doesn’t irritate his eyes.

-Name: Gallahad
-Species: Gallade
-Moveset: Close Combat, Shadow Sneak, Leaf Blade, Bulk Up
-Personality: Gallahad, despite being the second youngest, is best described as the most mature member of the team, as well as polite and distinguished. Gallahad takes each battle in step, fighting valiantly, but not above using the Shadow Sneak he was blessed with from birth. Gallahad is polite and forthcoming, and will not do anything to break his moral code. He us also blessed with a fair sense if humor, and will rarely be angered by Set and Arcades jokes.
-Accessories: Gallahad wears a blue tunic with purpled sleeves, accompanied by a brown belt and dull blueish purple trousers.

-Name: Ezaia
-Species: Lucario
-Moveset: Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Psychic, Nasty Plot
-Personality: Ezaia, like her father, is distant from the rest of the team, but unlike her father, who is diatant due to his mature attitude, Ezaia is distant due to an inheritly shy personality, which she got from her mother, and viewing everything from a third party perspective. She is also the youngest of the team and thus feels uncomfortable among her comrades; however she has a firm friendship with Jade, and feels that she can make herself become a major powerhouse. She also, like her father, has little tolerance for immature antics, and despite this, realizes that she is to be forced to put up with it regardless. Ezaia nearly inherited her father’s blindness, but instead was born with shortsighted vision, unable to see clearly beyond four feet of her face, because of this she is forced to wear glasses to compensate.
-Accessories: Wise Glasses on a Skarmory steel chain. A small Pecha flower pin slightly below her right ear.

-Name: Jade
-Species: Meinshao
-Moveset: Hi Jump Kick, Stone Edge, U-Turn, Fake Out
-Personality: As much as Gallahad is the most mature member, in a social form, of the team Jade is the motherly figure, ensuring that conflict is resolved and everyone has a fair say. She looks out for everyone, and has taken Ezaia under her metaphorical wing, raising her in a way that her mother had her. Ezaia is calm, thoughtful, optimistic, and kind, but has a fierce temper and an undying loyalty to her comrades, and will fight to exhaustion to protect them.
-Accessories: Her fur has grown out at the back, and is tied into a ponytail. She also has a silver necklace on which a small pendant made from a dawn stone fragment sits.

Sorry again man. No specific deadline, Traditional if you can, no text.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom