• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Sound's Specimens

"OH SHIT!" Bakun yelled and ducked under the same table he had ducked under before, and covered his head with his hands.

"Not good not good not good..." But he continued humming.

I can't escape this hell...
So many times I've tried....
But I'm still caged inside...
Somebody get me through this nightmare...
I can't control myself!!

Eric looked at the Lucario and laughed. He actually laughed. "Why should I move!? The explosion won't even give me a SCRATCH!"

Squish suddenly had the song come back to her head. "What is up?" she screamed. "I have a song stuck in my head, become a freak, met other freaks, and I'm STUCK IN THIS RATHOLE!"

Eric soon began to sing out loud, for no reason, in a perfect mimicry of the artist's voice.

"I don't want to understand this horror
There's a weight in your eyes
I can't admit
Everybody ends up here in bottles
But the name tag's the last thing you wanted..."

He then blinked. "Well, that was bizarre," he said in his normal voice.

It's you, and me. Moving at the speed of light...
"Dammit... GET OUT OF MY HEAD, SONG!"
Double your pleasure, double your fun...
"NO! GET OUT!" Squish screamed. She seemed like a crazed maniac. "Any one of you have a song stuck in your head?"

(From now on, if I italicize lyrics when my character is talking, then assume he sounds like Our Lady Peace while singing the italicized lyrics unless otherwise stated)

"Thief is stuck in my he-

As the world explodes
We fall out of it
And we can't let go
Because this will not go away
There's a house built out in space

-ad... Fucking hell, I need to stop doing that..."

Anseyu hit the floor right as the machine exploded. Her tail quivered, and her paws were over her head. Both eyes were closed, but not because of the explosion, no! They were shut tight because of the words, the song running through her head.

"I'm goin' home gonna load my shotgun, wait by the door and light a cigarette..." she sang, without even realizing. "He wants a fight well now he's got one and he ain't seen me crazy yet... Slapped my face and he shook me like a ragdoll, don't that sound like a real man? I'm gonna show him what a little girl's made of... Gunpowder and lead..." as the song in her head stopped coming out of her mouth, she blinked.

"...What was that?"

Eric shrugged. "I have no clue. And also..." he blinked, "I was right. The explosion didn't hurt me... Now excuse me while I vomit, as the feeling of metal going right through my stomach without hurting me is fucking weird..."

He wandered off to a corner and did as he said he would

"I also have a song moving through my mind..." Stephan said, opening his mouth to sing.

"Amazing Grace, How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me...
I once was lost, but now am found
was blind, but now, I see..."
he sang, before blinking.

"I rather like it...although, I do believe now that it has begun to effect my mindset. For example, I've never talked with such inquisete sophistication." He admitted, refering to the somewhat over the top manner of speaking in fancy pants vocabulary.

Persisting on the door, Nallina was exasperated. Her attention was diverted when a computer exploded. That sort of thing tends to attract attention. After some muttered conversation between the group (and an ugly vomiting spectacle), Nallina grudgingly walked back. It seems those were her ticket out of here.

Firaga took cover. She started to sing.

"BANG! BANG! Maxwell's Silver Hammer went down upon her head..." she started to sing.

Before he knew what happened, the machine Star was hiding behind exploded. The surprised Breloom flew threw the air, and... something rang in his head. What is it?

ORANGE no SLIDE utsusu sora
SPONGE no PRIDE burasakete...

What is that language? What is this music? It's strangely comforting...

SPIDER
kike totta sono yokan wa
kakusanakuta tte ii n da
iro no tsuita yume mitai na...

Wait. He knew what it means. Then the meaning slipped his mind, but Star didn't care. And all the other Pokemon were all singing... Something. The explosion still rang in his ears, and Star couldn't hear properly.

Ride on Shooting Star
kokoro no koe de sandanjû no yô ni
utai tsutzuketa

The Breloom couldn't help himself. He sang out loud with the strange song in his head, even though he had no idea what it is. Or even what language it is. Star, still flying through the air, suddenly found a hidden energy in himself. He closed his eyes and sang.

A large star, glowing brightly with all the colors of the rainbow, suddenly appeared in front of him, cushioning him from crashing into the wall and hurting himself painfully. The confused Breloom landed on the ground with a "umph". The song faded from his head, and the star disappeared.

Star shook his head and stood up. "What the hell was that?!" he shouted, "and that was awesome!" Still having no clue what was going on, he joined the group of Pokemon in front of him. They seem to have an escape plan or something in mind.

"Did anyone else hear what that woman on the screen said?" Anseyu asked anxiously, "There's a way we can return to normal if we so choose. I personally would not like to have random unconscious bursts of anger and rage for the rest of my life." she glanced at the locked door.

"Of course, we'd obviously have to escape first." with that, she took aim at the door.

"I have no idea...." Firaga muttered.

She started to sing again.

"Bang! Bang! Maxwell's Silver hammer made sure that she was dead." she sang.

"I am pretty normal, except for this song in my head, and the sudden anger..." Bakun said and looked at himself to confirm that he was normal.

"I can't escape this hell..." He started to sing, "So many times I've tried..." He felt calmer, as if the explosion hadn't existed, "But I'm still caged inside..." He continued, "Somebody get me through this nightmare!!" He sang louder and louder, "I CAN'T CONTROL MYSELF!!"

"... I really can't control myself. Why am I singing this song?" Bakun muttered to himself, then sighed. "I kinda like it though." Then he directed towards the Lucario "I'm going with you to Snowpoint!"

Now, when thinking of it, he didn't know her name. "I'm Bakun. I suppose it's nice to meet you." He stood up and reached out a paw to the Lucario.

It's like I waited my whole life
For this one night
It's gonna be me...

"I'm confused and have a major headache still..." groaned Squish.

Anseyu looked up from her aiming and took the Typhlosion's paw.

"My name is Anseyu. Nice to meet you." she muttered. Then she remembered something. That 3D model on the screen... she was sure that it was her. And if that was the case... She felt around for her tail and pulled it forward.

"I thought so..."

The tail had turned into a cannon, much like her wrist spikes but larger.

"You were a normal Lucario, right?" Bakun removed his paw, "I feel different too, but it seems like they changed my inside, not outside." He looked at Anseyu's tail, or rather, cannon. "Or, you could've been fused with a Blastoise." He chuckled.

"So the same thing must have happened to me." Firaga said, "I'm Firaga. My owner was a gamer, I remember."

Back
Top Bottom