• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Sound's Specimens

She giggled and turned around. Meda made the "snakes" on the back of her head move like they were talking. She started talking in a squeaky voice,
"Well, we do! And people always look worse to themselves."
She turned around and spoke normally.
"But thank you. I think you look pretty cool. At le- Wait, how did I start talking about this? Lets focus on escaping, then the self esteem building and all that good stuff. 'Kay?"

"Sounds pretty damn good to me." Anseyu stated, stepping toward the door. She glanced back at the other Pokemon. "Well whoever's coming should come. It's not going to be easy getting out of here, especially with all the cameras that seem to be around..." she eyed a security camera pointed the other way. It looked to be an easy target, so she took aim with her wrist and fired at it.

Eric grinned. "Let me handle the cameras... I heard ghosts can become invisible, so I can scout ahead and take them out with your permission, leader," Eric addressed the Lucario, calling her by that title because she seemed to know what she was doing

"Well then, shall we proceed?" Apollo said, before, casually, attempting to fire a thunder bolt at a security camera...what he got, however, was a small sonic boom attack, shattering the glass of the camera. "...That's new." he said, a little bit shocked.

"You realize there's an easier way to do that, correct?"
Meda asked the Lucario cheerfully, before humming the song again, louder than before. Shadows appeared, growing darker and surrounding a few other security cameras.
Hm. Almost makes up for having this weird song eternally stuck in my head.

"I can't even do anything, just dance!" said Squish. "Well, I could sing really loudly and hit high notes and break stuff.... So if your need that I could always help."
All you gotta do is watch me
Look what I can do with my feet, baby
Feel the beat inside
I'm drivin', you could take the front seat (front seat)
Just need you to trust me (trust me)
Girl girl girl
It's like now

"Dammit, shut up!" she said to herself.

Nallina, pacing carefully behind the group, fell to her knees as visions flashed into her head. Screaming in pain, she saw a quick glimpse of an image:

Cameras swivel, silhouettes dash through...

After coming back to her senses a little, she realized, oh God, it's the way through, and quickly muttered: "Wait twenty seconds, then dash through with your heads bent over. Don't bother coming back for me, I can wait for the next jink in the system." She fell over again, clawing the air in trying to deal with the damage to her system.

"I think that's all of them. In this hall. If anyone sees any others, destroy them or do what that Xatu who never said her name did. I like Eric's idea too." Anseyu growled, "Let's go." she had almost sprinted into the hall, before she heard Nallina.

"Hmmmm..." said Squish. "Are there any microphones? I could just sing into speakers, and those stupid people who put us in here would be sleeping! At least the security guards..."

Star looked helplessly at Anseyu and Nallina. The Toxicroak told them to duck and run... Yet their leader, Anseyu wants to blast away all the cameras.

Star decided to do both. Crouching low, he faced up and prepared to dash out while blasting Bullet Seed from his mouth. And he almost did, until the Jigglypuff offered to sing.

"I don't think it's a good idea," Star stated carefully to Squish, "I mean, we might all fall asleep, and there always may be backup guards... "

"Perhaps it would be best if we simply remain quiet..." Stephan whispered, before firing a bolt of lightning at a camera. It crackled and the red light on it paused from blinking. "...Well then, shall we proceed? Freedom comes no closer if we simply continue to stand around and idly twiddle our thumbs." He said, smiling, cocking his head to the right.

"We do as Nallina said. Duck and run. But destroy any cameras you see." Anseyu instructed, "We go on the count of three. One..." she crouched low, preparing her cannon-gun things to be fired if need be. Her tail swished impatiently.

"Two..." her eyes were focused, and her fangs bared. She crouched a bit lower and inhaled deeply.

"Three!"

Stephan complied, darting forward, hurling a bolt of light and a sonic boom at two cameras. He couldn't help but notice that he moved a lot faster now, as his body had become much more streamline. Another upside to this transformation...he couldn't help but happilly hum as he ran along, leaving a path of ruined surveliance cameras in his wake.

Squish did what the Lucario said, rolling itself as fast as possible, trying to knock away as many security cameras as possible.
Moving at the speed of light, into the galaxy...
"So true," Squish said, getting used to the song inside her head.

Nallina watched the others dash across the tiles, carcasses of security cameras dropping left and right, until she felt her head stop spinning. Two security cameras were left spinning pathetically. In the aftereffects of the headache, she sprinted forward, but tripped. As the security cameras swiveled, she tensed for the alarm--
The cameras dropped to the floor, a last-second wave of psychic energy smashing them to pieces. "That's a new trick," Nallina commented, bounding through to the others.

Branded like an animal,
And I can still feel the burning in my mind,
I do believe that you made your message clear.
(I think I'm losing my mind, I think I'm losing my mind)

The moment Anseyu said three, Star crouched down and shot forward, running as fast as he can. Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw cameras turn to face him. A nice blast of Bullet Seed left the machines smoking and no more useful than a piece of junk. Following after Stephan the Manetric, Star smashed any cameras the other Pokemon missed with bursts of Bullet Seed.

SNIPER
fuchi totta sono sekai ni
nani ga mieru tte iu n da
nerau mae ni sawaritai na

Hmm... What is this particular song going through his head? Star still couldn't make heads of tails of it. Taking careful aim, he blew up another camera. There sure are a lot of cameras around here... Star felt a strange sense of pride. He, and all these other Pokemon, were very important to someone. And, too bad for those people, he and the other experiments are escaping!

Grinning happily, the Breloom joined the other Pokemon as they raced towards their freedom.

Balia dashed forward, having finally caught on that they were escaping now. Mane and tail brightening, she tried to aim a few Embers at the cameras she passed, but the spurt of fire was weak, just barely scorching it. The light around her intensified, and she nearly stopped in her tracks as she felt something inside of her explode. A brilliant flash of light blinded her, and she just ran forward, focusing on following the Breloom's scent, and the sound of his footsteps.

"Oh, I never did? I'm Meda."
At three, she jumped and flew low to the ground as fast as possible, creating shadows around every camera she saw.
I'm having w-a-a-ay too much fun with this.

Back
Top Bottom