• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

the space around the stars

Re: This is what I STILL do when I should be doing other things

Your art is absolutely amazing. No joke, some of the best I've seen in a while. I really love the Birdman, Raikouman and your trolls are amazing (but where is Feferi because she is the best troll). The manticore looks very nice, but for some reason I keep thinking there's something off with the eyes, but I can't put my finger on it. It probably nothing though.

Re: Ok maybe this IS what I should be doing

Whooooh a surprise comment appeared while I was typin' this, glad I noticed O:
Thanks man C:
Sorry, no Feferi because she's not on my uber-fav list. She's pretty cute though so who knows, maybe I'll draw her too some time P:

Something wrong with the eyes? May very well be, maybe it's the shading (now I look at it, I probably should've shaded them a bit differently, they do look a bit odd). I'll keep this in mind when I'm drawing him in full, body and all. C:

So, here's what I was typing while you tried to sneakily go and post a comment without me noticing:
This wasn't supposed to be this orange AT ALL, kind of just happened.
The head/shoulder area was sketched by hand, the rest with a tablet. You can still see some pencil stuff (especially in his hair, I only added that orangey colour to the whole sketch plus threw in some highlights)

Also he was saying "I'm so rich it hurts" in the original sketch but didn't get around to adding it here.
richbitch_wm.jpg

WOOPS ANOTHER ORIGINAL CHARACTER PARTIALLY INSPIRED BY A DREAM
This is Midas, he's a rich asshole who has never done anything useful and his dad just hands him money like candy. He's pretty full of himself and he has a mansion and cars (also he has asthma).
He got his legs all fucked up when his parents' private jet crashed (and I think his mom died there too) so now he has robo-legs from knee down. Also has a fancy robotic horse-end he can use to play centaur.
Right.
looks like I have I have OCD (Original Character Syndrome) :I
like ff I churn up at least one every two weeks
and I have backstories and shit for every one
I CAN'T HELP IT

I loooove your humans and your original characters. :[ They are so nice ah man. Your human-faces in particular, they are so pretty, I love your style and the way you do expressions and noses and face shapes and all of it I love iiittt. I do think the drawing is a bit too bright orange, maybe mess with hue/saturation or something cause it's kinda harsh on the eyes.

Oh. Also. I like his pants. Pants are annoying to draw but I dunno they're nice. (I notice weird things...)

Thankssssss CB I've been trying to make my human-faces more diverse and interesting and it's nice to hear it's paid off somehow ;u;

Oo, thanks for the suggestion (the picture had alredy burned onto my retinas by the time I finished it it's no wonder I didn't notice the brightness :'D). I threw some cooling filter on it, it's a tiny change but maybe easier on the eyes now?
richbitch2_wm.jpg

I'm happy you noticed the pants, they did come out quite well compared to my usual stuff :D

Well since that's what I'm focusing on too I'd better notice people faces :[ And yours are something to aspire to. (Also I always feel strange drawing pants because of what's in them, you know. I'm glad that area isn't overly difficult for me...)

The cooling filter does make it a little better, most notably more cool :P I think playing with the saturation of certain areas (applying layers of gray etc.) would work best, though obviously that would require interested and interest tends to wane after you're done with a pic.

I got over my crotch-shyness quite a while ago, so drawing pants isn't that awful anymore. Whatever is inside is perfectly natural (hopefully, at least) :'D

Yeah I'm not sure if I'm gonna change it now (mostly because I'm just not sure what to do with the saturation other than maybe let his hair/shirt be more saturated? honestly idk durrrrr) P:
I'm already *trying* to start a new drawing (fanart this time) but I'm not sure what will happen :U

gkjn
they__re_meteors_by_sergeantmoodswing-d2xv2pl.jpg

Whatever's inside pants is not natural! >[ It's completely unnatural and ew.

I feel dirty for editing your pic butttt something like this works; basically lightening the background and darkening foreground, brings focus to the character and eases the eye. (I did this mostly because my head hurts too much to focus on my art ; ; ahh.)

Haha whatever :D
there can be all kinds of cool stuff in pants you know C:

I don't mind, actually when someone edits my stuff in a constructive way it's more like flattering than insulting P:
Oo, now I see what you mean. I'll see if I'll get to messing with the original (huge) file, I finally got the new drawing I started really going (!). I remember one time when I edited the whole colour scheme of a pic I'd drawn a while before, so it might actually happen some day :D

Last edited:
Re: Woops I accidentally became a huge MSPA fan

I drew the best trolls (well, personal favourites at least) because I somehow ended up reading Homestuck a while ago and oh lord it's just amazing
(linked because it's pretty wide so it might force people with smaller screens scroll sideways which is just so goddamn annoying)

dude... you got to FLIP it. TURN-WAYS

Haha Tavros. Looks alright; the only problem is that the nose looks sort of pointy and weird. It would be better off shaded, I guess.

Equius' neck could be veinier and angrier; he's supposed to be super strong and muscular, right? I think his hair is a bit shorter too but w/e. Good job on the perspiration.

To my knowledge the sea-dwelling trolls don't have ears; I could be wrong here but it seems kind of weird.

Oh man that is the best idea ever :D

Anyhow, thanks for the comment C:

Yeah the trolls may be a bit weird since they were really exaggerated weirdo sketches, but I'm gonna keep this advice in mind because I have a feeling that I'll be drawing them more later on B]
I honestly didn't even think about that ear thing, I just drew haha
dunno it might've looked weird without ears too P:

And now for something that, during the drawing process, kept growing bigger in pixel dimensions (I need spaaaceeee) until it ended up almost crashing Photoshop (exactly why I need a new laptop !).
I watched Ponyo the other day (I had been watchin' all kinds of Miyazaki/etc. films all weekend) and, although I thought I like VIOLENCE and GRRRAAGH more, I realized that I am a huge softy and like cute and happy things CB
Meaning the movie was just so awesome and cute and all and ughhh

So, I just HAD to draw Ponyo's father, Fujimoto because he is so freakin' adorable aughhh, and I thought it might be a nice opportunity to try new techniques and shit.
okay I'll just cut the crap and get to the picture (mind you, this is 25% of the original size and the file had like 54136875918 layers):
fujimoto_wm.jpg

okay I admit I'm kinda proud of myself right now
it'll probably wear off after a while but w/e

note: it's 0:23 here so don't mind the rambling, I'm really sleepy

Re: Ok maybe this IS what I should be doing (NEW: CREEPY SHIT)

DOUB-LE POS-T
because whenever I draw something I'm at least remotely proud of it's just coldly ignored :C
sadface

ANYWAY, as the change in the title suggests: creepy shit. I read some creepypasta and had a mildly upsetting dream so I had this weirdo inspiration to do something creepy. So I did.
It's a gif, and it ended up being pretty big in filesize (81 layers iirc, Photobucket compressed and shrinked it a bit though :U), so I'll just link to it. Nothing insanely graphical or anything but my sister says it is creepy enough.

>>CLICK HERE TO VIEW (don't if you are really, really sensitive but imho it's nothing too scary, just a bit unnerving)<<
I named the 'thing' Henkel by the way

blaralbralbrlabralbarlbalglabglbralgbalbheaa

Last edited:
Re: This is something I just can't stop doing. :I

triple post okay I get it
maybe some pokemon will make people more interested :I

Drawin' my current White team, practising lineless once more.
durr durr I can't bother with descriptions because no one's gonna read them anyway.
party_sabre.jpg
party_vulta.jpg

okay these are kind of shitty
I have no idea where my potential talent just went. :|

DAT ERIDAN <3

Your art is too awesome. D: The Vuljina lineless is absolutely amazing.

(mostly posting because you NEED COMMENTS)

Thankss ;u;
I might actually finish the rest of the team and post them here even !
I'm too busy makin' hats and writing essays this weekend though (if all goes well, I'll prolly upload pics of the hat :O).

OKAY WOOPS there has been SO MUCH EVERYTHING YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW
but now that I got all my school shit over, I felt like drawing again !
so I drew O: (though I lost interest in drawing them pokemans so they'll have to wait)
All of this is sort of sketchy and not very refined and have a lot of mistakes and shit because I don't feel like doing proper finished work all that much.
You can still comment and crit though wink wink nudge nudge

These were done earlier, like some weeks ago or more:
spaceeee_sml-1.jpg

tristanclr_wm.jpg

birdman_wm.jpg
birdboe_wm.jpg
beotz_wm.jpg

bl_wm.jpg

And this one I just finished (the same bird dude as the one in the sketch above):
birdman2_wm.jpg

durrrrrrrrr (the reason for me posting was actually that WHY NO POSTS notice there hohoho)

Re: This is what I do [new: MSPA fanart !]

triple-postin, yeah
keep those comments coming :I

OKAY SO even though my shoulder hurts like hell and shit and fuck I just HAD TO DRAW :U
Only because Dave here (from Homestuck, if you didn't know) is the COOL3ST COOLK1D ever, mind you B|

D4V3_wm.jpg

Pose referenced from some random dude I googled, dunno if it makes any sense.
Dave's timetables were fucking hard to draw so they might look a bit shitty eh

Last edited:

Man, a lot of this is really pretty *_* Also that owl guy is awesome.

Thank you OuO
I really need to draw more owl guy as soon as I get my drawing hand back in business C:

Oh and I almost forgot this, it's the last 'proper' drawing I did in 2010.
mirorb_wm.jpg

I've been playing XD a lot and my sister's been going through Colosseum the second time and we just can't get enough of lousy Miror B jokes. So, I kinda drew this as a big joke but it actually ended up looking pretty nice WOOPS so maybe he's not that disgusting really :D
also lol quickie-abs, I just kinda brushed something there and it almost looks good

Re: This is what I do [new: Miror B :U]

Your art is awesome and your sense of colour is double-awesome and aaaa oh my gosh. @_@

Re: This is what I do [new: more MSPA fanart]

Thank youuu~ CB

Seems I can't get myself to do anything else than Homestuck fanart atm :U
Just had to draw John because his god tier-hoodie is the cutest thing ;u;
heirtransparent_wm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom