• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Club Reborn

card.png

I finished it, but it somehow didn't save.

The video!?
I fixed Sandrisu, but my Photobucket's not opened.
Exactly. The sprite only had a copyflipped finger for "scratch". Hardly.

A scratch is made from nothing. You also need to consider lighting. Also, there's such a thing called "imageshack".

Technically a scratch is made from pixels. You also need to choose colors. Not default Paint colors though. Wha ha ha ha....ha.

I made a New Years resolution not to be lazy but the only spriting I have done recently is for a contest....

Just a few kinks and you're done; anatomy's mostly right, it's just a matter of transferring the fine details.

For example, Aerodactyl's head needs to be slightly longer, plus the ridge between the nose and the eyes needs to be more prominent. It wouldn't hurt to transfer the head itself to save you time.

Yay! my first scratch/ fakemon!
Its a bug/electric type. Names? Crit? Help?
11gjf2a.jpg
Not sure if it's PURE scratch. I see a different style on every end, and it seems to be a drastic improvement from the stuff in your gallery, especially on the shading on the legbits with the boostthingies; the head doesn't match up well.

It's a sprite, but I doubt the pure scratch part. Did you run any filters on it?

I didn't fully scratch it, no. And I got rid of the outline for the bottom because I thought it looked better, and in fairness I have been working on this for months.

I didn't fully scratch it, no. And I got rid of the outline for the bottom because I thought it looked better, and in fairness I have been working on this for months.
Instead of matching the shading style on the legs, always go for the easier option. in this case, that was changing the shading style on the legs instead of slaving away matching the legs with the head.

Oh okay, thank you for the advice. (BTW they're not legs they're supposed to be "stingers" or pincers)

I didn't outline the electric pincers because I wanted them to look more electric and less solid.

Just a few kinks and you're done; anatomy's mostly right, it's just a matter of transferring the fine details.

For example, Aerodactyl's head needs to be slightly longer, plus the ridge between the nose and the eyes needs to be more prominent. It wouldn't hurt to transfer the head itself to save you time.

Okay. I'll try to pay more attention to the details next time.
I might even fix it up a bit. Which is very rare for me. :)
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom