• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am ready to be told just how much I suck at spriting. :grin: Pessimist and proud of it.

picture.php

My very first splice ever, Bronzafree. It was kind of random but still.

picture.php

My second splice, Nuzzletoad. I like him better. And I think he's kind of cute.

C+CC, please? *braces self*

Last edited:
Editing an Arcanine to make it look like a tiger=NO FUN. AT ALL.
I don't really like it much, either...
tigerarcaninehk8.png

Crit?
Hai.
I've been pretty much inactive here for a little while, so it's time to get spriting!
Here's a scratch I just made like 2 minutes ago: An I-Dog!
blueidogkc9.png

Like it? Hate it? C & CC please!

Crit nao plx? Ty lol
(I hate chatspeak and crap like that arrrgh why)

blueidogkc9.png

This is cute, but the ears look a little floppy and realistic instead of straight and plastic like idogs usually are. I like it though.

tigerarcaninehk8.png

The tail is sort of bent in a weird way, and there's some black outline on the light source of the sprite. Good overall, I like the snarling effect.

Revamp =! Recolour
Revamp =! Recolour
Revamp =! Recolour

Revamps involve scratch-editing the shading and outlines to get something that looks like a rse/frlg/dpp sprite, and a little less 2d. If you're revamping a rse/frlg/dpp sprite, you're making the shading/outlines look better.

Actually, it was reshaded, albeit overly 2D.

It looks a lot like the original, and is so 2d i couldn't tell. :/
anyway, if it looks that 2d, then you have to go over it and fix it. (and also get some outline shading)

Mudkipz, the Vaporeon's colors are all from the sprite itself. I switched the blue body with the yellow ear-fins. Compare the shining sprite to this and you'll easily see what I did. Glaceevee is one of my first tries, so thanks for the advice!

tigerarcaninehk8.png

The center stripe is a little too light to me... Try making it darker, okay?

D8 I'm no good at fakes so I can't rate that, except that the tail is a little too straight.

PepsiBurstinatrix.png

Ditto in Pepsi Burstinatrix (one of my palletes, DO NOT BE A NOOB AND STEAL IT! [besides, who would?])

Rates plz?

Crit nao plx? Ty lol
(I hate chatspeak and crap like that arrrgh why)

I'll crit this for you. =]
I hope you don't mind but to further explain what I'm saying I made an example. ^^
My version:
Tiger_Arcanine15393.PNG

Well, starting off there are a few blaring errors that I can see on your sprite;
-the tail is too think and short, most (if not all) large cats have slender and long tails that kinda flow.
-the feet are kinda messed up, they change in thickness at certain areas and the back leg is just all wrong.
-shading, some of the shading that you have is almost like pillow shading, which, is bad. The light source is from the top left, plus the fact that you have fur so some of the lighting is going to be carried over.

Another things is that cats tend to have an arch in their back, which also can define their shoulder blades. The stripes on your disguise should flow with the body.

Now, even my sprite isn't perfect but it can give you a better idea of what the Tiger portion should be like. Also, using custom colors is probably better than Arcanine's. =P

Now, who can crit this?
Siniberus7375035015-iaza.gif

Tis a fusion~ ^^ (100 scratch~)
Hope it helps~
EDIT: Oh and uhm. Could you be so kind as to rate my second revamp for me please?

FlareonRevamp.png

.:Phoenixy:.

Last edited:
EeveeasJolteon.png

A Eevee cosplaying as Jolteon. No parts used from Jolteon!

And the extra tails are suposed to be clip-ons. C&CC, please.

Pho, lolwut I didn't expect to see you here? I can't rate your sprites because they are unimaginably awesome.

Anyway, Ketsu, time for crits. I'm sorta hard on crits mmkay?

Was this a disguise or a fusion? The collar has sorta kept its original shape and it hasn't been edited much except for a few pixels. You need to add a sort of pointy feeling to the collar. The tail looks really weird right now, I don't really get what you mean by clip-ons. Your fusion needs a lot of work.

@ Lucas: That's just the name of the pallete. I'm not good at coming up with names D8.

EDIT: Moar Ratez!
Fingerprint.png

Absol in my Fingerprint Pallete. Rate Him or else he will stab you.

Last edited:
Fingerprint.png

Uh...well, for the red parts the outline needs to be a little darker. And I think there's something wrong with the oval thing on it's forehead. That's all I can think of.

EDIT:
Reiteicune.png

crits plz.

EeveeasJolteon.png

It's really cute but you didn't really change much but the tail and fur around it's neck. The tail also looks sort of likw a flower than a spiky tail thing.
FlareonRevamp.png

It's really good for a first revamp! Or maybe I suck...well anyway. The light source seems right to me. The old tail anf neck fur's ditto like outline has been fixed. I can't spot many things wrong. The fur on the top of it's head seems to be pointing upwards too much. I think it sould be pointing to the left a bit on the left like the old one. I really can't think of anything but that. Great job...I am rather tired through...

O.O
If I were good at critiquing, I would. So I'll just say... THAT IS WAY BETTER THAN I COULD EVER DO IN THE HISTORY OF MAH LIFE!!!

Pho, lolwut I didn't expect to see you here? I can't rate your sprites because they are unimaginably awesome.

--taken out cause it had no meaning atm--

EDIT: Moar Ratez!
Fingerprint.png

Uh...well, for the red parts the outline needs to be a little darker. And I think there's something wrong with the oval thing on it's forehead. That's all I can think of.

EDIT:
Reiteicune.png

crits plz.

@Adnan

Hah, I've been here before, just too lazy to make an account so I finally did, going with a little bit of a different name. I still use my .:Phoenixy:. thing so people can tell it's me though. ;P

Fingerprint palette: The idea is original, gonna give you props on that, but some things that bug me are as follows;

-You have too much going on. Since it's a "finger"print palette you just just use one impression of a finger tip (keeping in mind that there are about three main types; and from there, variations on them) so as to not junk up the overall effect of the pattern.

-This may just be opinionated, but something you might like to try is adding one of those black boxes used to hide somebody's eyes? Or you could try your hand at blurring the face to give it an anonymous feel.

-As stated above, the red doesn't have really well defined outlines. They're just kinda...there. And why red? Surly they should have some meaning behind them besides just a color, try and use that to add depth to your palette.

@Jewel Espeon

Well, the fusion itself would be nice, but to me it's a little bit cluttered. The face isn't really parallel with the rest of the body and it's too crouched downwards to have a definite body shape.

SchreiTest.png

Schrei palette in it's WIP form. =3

The tail is kinda scrambled, and the pants are shaded weirdly.
Is it wearing a bra? 0.0;
My sprite:
picture.php

It's some kind of scythe monster thing. I'm not completely pleased with it, but since I'm new to scratching, I'll have to be satisfied.
C+C?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom