• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! its been a while and i got new sprites and a new sig!
wlk3k.png

5bbgqd.png

1zlqj2g.png

Hi guys! its been a while and i got new sprites and a new sig!
wlk3k.png

5bbgqd.png

1zlqj2g.png

I don't think Zulo critted the second one. I'll try. The tail is is blocking the face, therefore it should be behind the head. It's also missing some of the outline.

The third one also could use some critting. I don't see the right metagross arm and what's that thing behind its rings? a tail?

Hi, here are two new scratches I made for my game, they are ghost chimney pokemon and the first one evolves to the second one. The black stuff is meant to be smoke, crits please
picture.php
picture.php

The smoke shouldn't be so thick. Maybe try to make it more puffier and a little more lighter like koffing's:

koffing

Ken #1 said:
Is the recolors in this photo good?

DO NOT RESIZE SPRITES. EVEN IF YOU FIX THE SIZE LATER, THE SPRITE IS FOREVER MAIMED. USE THE MAGNIFYING GLASS TO GET CLOSER TO THE SPRITE.
Sorry for yelling, but, just don't resize. Evar.

If you're working in paint, then move the sprite to the top left corner of the area and resize the white space so that it's hugging the sprite.

First, drag the sprite a pixel away from the top and left sides. There are blue square things on the corners. Go to the ones at the bottom and drag it so that it comes up and is a pixel away from the sprite. And... I have a Sugimori splice to be critted!

ErindorEsp.png

It's Erindor! Yes, I shaded (and did everything, for that matter) myself!

EDIT: Posterninja'd!

ErindorEsp.png

Something I noticed is the crazy shading. The light source for all pokemon sprites is from the top left corner, but some parts contradict it. Here's some mistakes I found in the shading:

sf845l.png

34yae09.png

2cde2ww.png

2r5z52g.png

^ Shading facing the wrong way

2vbarki.png

^ Shading facing the wrong way and lightest shade touching darkest

The outline's pretty good in shape, but most of it's black. Also, the head looks really round and not pointed like an Espeon's. Try working on these key points and you'll get alot better :D​

Last edited:
Thanks! I just copied the shading off of the Sugimori. I just looked closely and copied the shading. Maybe I should do the shading myself...

But thanks for the crit! I will use this to push me on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom