• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rainbowpallete-1.png

Black background because the yellow on the edges did not show

I'm relatively new when it comes to pokemon spriting, but I had my go at scratching a fakemon line I came up with.

clist.png
CLoooo.png

Name: CLISP
Type:
Picture8-1.png

Pokedex: It is said a CLISP will bring good fortune to a trainer lucky enough to capture it.

CLISP uses its light frame to travel to safe areas via wind currents.

Clovah.png
Clovahs.png

Name: CLODIUS
Type:
Picture8-1.png

Pokedex: Due to the passive nature of CLISP, it is rare for them to evolve into a CLODIUS in the wild.

CLODIUS glides through the air with ease, slicing through anything in its path.

~

Other work I've done recently is this Yellow Seadra revamp, because I love the sprite, aaand the Lunatone pixel-over in my siggy. Concrit is appreciated! :D

seadra.png

fakemon1.png
fakemon1_s.png

fakemon2_.png
fakemon2_s.png

The complete line + shiny

they look great, but the outlines of the yellow parts of the shinies look a bit rough...

I'm relatively new when it comes to pokemon spriting, but I had my go at scratching a fakemon line I came up with.

clist.png
CLoooo.png

Name: CLISP
Type:
Picture8-1.png

Pokedex: It is said a CLISP will bring good fortune to a trainer lucky enough to capture it.

CLISP uses its light frame to travel to safe areas via wind currents.

Clovah.png
Clovahs.png

Name: CLODIUS
Type:
Picture8-1.png

Pokedex: Due to the passive nature of CLISP, it is rare for them to evolve into a CLODIUS in the wild.

CLODIUS glides through the air with ease, slicing through anything in its path.

~

Other work I've done recently is this Yellow Seadra revamp, because I love the sprite, aaand the Lunatone pixel-over in my siggy. Concrit is appreciated! :D

seadra.png

I don't think your fakemon are emotional enough, but I think they're shaded very well, and I love the lunatone in your sig

All 7 of those sprites are G/S/C revamps of Red, Green, and Blue sprites. That is Red's team from HG/SS.

Pumpkin.png

My best fakemon sprite so far.... Jakallant
C+C please

Edit:
Angelay.png

Another fakemon (Christmas mood, Jesus, star on head)
Its supposed to be really light.

Last edited:
this is the first reply in like... forever and a day... lol
People dont comment here anymore! i is now sad.
2ihsetj.png

This is supposed to be a thing... somebodys uber form. (Not Mine)
4kah3b.png

This is a HG/SS mantine devamp. I really like it. I even made the wings shorter. one of my best devamps.
any crits? (I dont think that they wont get any cos this topic is dead...)

this is the first reply in like... forever and a day... lol
People dont comment here anymore! i is now sad.
2ihsetj.png

This is supposed to be a thing... somebodys uber form. (Not Mine)
The Wings on this thing are buging me. i think it's the choice of colours, they don't really work that well. Apart from that, it's fine.
4kah3b.png

This is a HG/SS mantine devamp. I really like it. I even made the wings shorter. one of my best devamps.
This, on the other hand is quite good. I like how you have edited the outline. I have just one small nitpick though. The wing to our left seems to end in a square. If you rounded that out a little, it would be fine.
any crits? (I dont think that they wont get any cos this topic is dead...)
Ketsu said:
Hey look, a terrible self-sprite!
self-sprite.png

I like the body, but the shading is off. The leg to our left is barely shaded. If the light was coming from top left as the highlight suggests, then the bottom right part of the leg would be darker because a leg is round, not made of flat surfaces. The rest of it is okay, but i would cut down on the dithering. It just makes it look weird to me.
[/nitpicking]

Kirazy__s_Tyluv_by_vaporchu8.png

Made for a friend. View his original art here.

My scratching has gotten much better, as you can see. Yep, no splicing whatsoever.

Could I have some crit on this? It's been sitting here for more than half a month. :<

EDIT: Since that has been here for a month, I doubt this will be revived. But if it is:

Generic_Waddle_Dee_sprite_by_vaporchu8.png

Please note that the lighting is closer to the Kirby games and that I wasn't going for a specific shading style.

Last edited:
EDIT: Since that has been here for a month, I doubt this will be revived. But if it is:

Generic_Waddle_Dee_sprite_by_vaporchu8.png

Please note that the lighting is closer to the Kirby games and that I wasn't going for a specific shading style.

Is adorable *squeezes Waddle Dee* the only problem is that I can't find one. However nitpickers may find things. Good Work!

Now hears my latest work: http://silversail.deviantart.com/art/Castform-Scratch-149056189
I don't want crit on how it is facing the wrong way -_-u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom