• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh* I know but I still need to work on other spriting stuff... I've been trying scratch spriting. And splicing. Nothing new today- another week until I can show you my Mew disguised as Mewtwo.

Getting ideas from everyone else's sprites (but of course not stealing) usually helps - it helped me when I was starting, and I'm not even so great yet.

And so this post isn't completely pointless, have a Gold Scyther revamp:
ScytherRevamp049.gif

Comments/criticism?

This is so old...I need to make newer sprites soon '^-^

Mm, the outline's a bit dark. Especially in the blades and wings.

The outlines are the only problems I see, though. The shading looks great.

Hey wolftamer, not to be mean but I think you should work on shading before you make more Fakemon. The shading on some of your Fakemon is eurrrrrgh.

Anyway, I need to put something up for critique soon... >.>

Hey wolftamer, not to be mean but I think you should work on shading before you make more Fakemon. The shading on some of your Fakemon is eurrrrrgh.

... guess I can't argue with that. (but I'm not quite sure how to improve it anyway.)

Saihate.png

Maybe someday, if I believe, we'll meet again,
And in those coming days, we can live on unchanging.

When that door shuts, we are going to be apart.
The ashes of you will become a cloud and then rain down.
Through one touching, normal life, almost like the color of scarlet,
We have such a simple love.
We had such a simple love.

So goodbye.
-Saihate, Miku Hatsune

Tremble before the might of my (crappy) scratching skills!

Yeah, this is not meant to be an official sprite. Like, at all. Other than the style, I have too many colors. Still, CC would be nice.

I don't know how I can give you CC on that...

-peers closer-
More black outlines!

More sprites! This time, they are animated!

23u34fm.png

302m2o8.gif

t86tq9.gif

jgs2fs.gif

What I did was take the HG/SS sprites and made additional frames of animation for them in the manner of the Crystal sprites(in fact, I based the new frames off the older ones!). Then I animated them in GIMP.

Also, lol at the simultaneous biting from Venusaur and Ivysaur.

^Soooo good! The right claw on Venusaur in the animation looks weird though, like squished.

Any crit on this?
sunkernavatar13850651449-iaza.gif
sprite made by me
animated by Alraunne(thanks!:D)

I've finally gotten back to spriting after what? Five years, perhaps? Not like I really did much spriting before, but eh, details. I'm not asking for any hard-core crit, just want to gauge how well I'm doing.

24l4gpk.jpg

Pixel-over of a Misdreavus.

So I am terrible at spriting halp me.

katispriteset.png

Trainer edit of meeee.

cooki2.png

And Cookicat, my fakemon. I think her head is too small, but...

halp.

katispriteset.png

Trainer edit of meeee.

cooki2.png

halp.

I love that trainer edit :D However, I think you should make the ends of your hair a bit messier in the full-body sprites, like you did in the portrait - if that's possible, I mean. It's hard to work on small things, after all. :P
As for Cookicat, the head looks fine. I think it's just that the neck is a bit too long/thin for a feline creature. And the tail seems a bit stiff; I think the slope of the tail should be more gradual, if you know what I mean.
Overall, you're very good! Just a few minor things~

OddSplice.gif

Blahhh bad splice is bad D=

I think the main thing about this is that your base, Breloom, is a bit odd to start with. xD The only thing I can see wrong (other than the oddness of the base to start with) is that the right thigh seems to be too high up on the body. ...No wait that's still the fault of the original. Nevermind!

As for myself, I've made another pixel-over. In hindsight I should have fixed the tail tip a bit, ironed out some shading, and tweaked the teeth as well, but I'm too lazy to open up Photoshop again. I may edit later.

v3g369.jpg

EDIT:
30m361y.jpg

Last edited:

katispriteset.png

Trainer edit of meeee.

cooki2.png

halp.

Woah Cookies those trainers look nice. But- ADD SOME MORE OUTLINE COLOR!!! (I just had to yell that, didn't I? xD)

Cookicat ish cute :3

155p01f.jpg

I seem to be cranking out pixel-overs at a fast pace. I had trouble with the head on this one, and I had to take shading into my own hands, since the shading on the original art was a bit lacklustre.

Lugia=half fail half win

The tail is too short and yes I bet you know the head is too small and there's other things bugging me but I just can't put my finger on them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom