• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Suggestion Box

Skimmed the thread and I don't think I found this yet, though I didn't skim the whole thing.

Any chance of a Serebii-esque Gym Leader setup in the future? Mostly people battling monotype teams, etc.

Originally, there were going to be gyms; there was a tournament way back when the league started to determine leaders. The problem with tournaments is that they have a tendency not to finish. Establishing gyms wouldn't be difficult if I were simply to pick people to be the leaders, rather than having leadership determined by a tournament; that's more or less the way it's worked out in leagues that actually use the gym system. The only real downside to having gyms is that they are a drain on referee resources that could go towards normal or tournament battles, but if gym leaders are restricted to only one gym battle at a time or something, then it's not a big deal. (On the other hand, it then takes ages and ages for anybody to earn badges.)

As for whether there actually will be gyms, it's entirely possible. I am well aware that ASB as it stands lacks a clear and compelling progression sequence, which would keep some people more interested in it. The trick is to find a way to provide this without making following it necessary for success; there are plenty of people who just want to ASB occasionally, having fun battles with their friends, and wouldn't be interested in building towards any particular goal. Ideally, the league should be able to provide enjoyment for people with both playstyles.

I haven't decided on the best way to do that yet. There's nothing particular in the works, but it is something I'll probably be thinking of a lot more in the future.

hey, could there be a thing for evolved pokemon where you can easily view how much EXP they need to stay in their current form? like if a pokemon needs 3 EXP to stay where they are, but they have 5 EXP, it'd be displayed as 5/3 EXP instead of just 5 EXP? then it'd be easier to remember how much they all need. :o

hey, could there be a thing for evolved pokemon where you can easily view how much EXP they need to stay in their current form? like if a pokemon needs 3 EXP to stay where they are, but they have 5 EXP, it'd be displayed as 5/3 EXP instead of just 5 EXP? then it'd be easier to remember how much they all need. :o

I asked Negrek this before, and she said that it'd be difficult to program, so she'd just stick a list on the first post of the Lacuna Labs or something.

Would you consider lowering the requirements for happiness evolution? It's pretty much the equivalent of 6 EXP for one evolution, which is iirc more than any regular evolution, and you can't use Rare Candies to speed up the process.

I think it's more the equivalent of 4 EXP to evolve: play in four matches, or win two, to evolve. If you have a soothe bell, play two matches.

I don't think I can find the information for this anymore, since the info's disappeared from the front page of the PRO, but iirc Pokemon needed 6 happiness to evolve. 1 point is given for each battle it participates in, and another if it managed to KO something. Has it been changed to 4 happiness?

Since the sooth bell was brought up, does the holder an extra point if it actually wins, besides the 2? If not, Im confused as to why, because I thought it added extra happiness.

If a Pokémon holding a soothe bell is defeated in a double battle, would it still get three happiness points? Because you know, if it had won it would have gained 3.

Since the sooth bell was brought up, does the holder an extra point if it actually wins, besides the 2? If not, Im confused as to why, because I thought it added extra happiness.
No. The soothe bell only mitigates the effects of a loss; it doesn't add any bonus point.

If a Pokémon holding a soothe bell is defeated in a double battle, would it still get three happiness points? Because you know, if it had won it would have gained 3.
No, it will get two.

Could we do a massive update of the fakemons, including 4th gen move tutors as well as 5th gen TMs?

Because, currently, they are far behind all other Pokémon movepool-wise.

Could there be natures for sommeone's Pokemon? Like brave, quirky, adament, etc.

Back
Top Bottom