• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

'Tis a Shiny!

Wobbles

The Wobbuffet Fan
Okay, so I'm grinding up my Emboar in the Giant Chasm...
And I get into the umpteenth double battle. It's a Solrock and a Metang, typical, right? Wrong! The Solrock was Shiny!

I was checking it's moves afterwards, and noticed that it had Explosion...
I have no clue how lucky I am...

EDIT:
To see a Shiny Solrock, here's a link.

Nice one! I haven't gotten an entirely random-encounter shiny for... a year and three weeks, to be exact. Usually I get one every few months. I did get a shiny Kricketot at a chain of three in April, but that still kind of raised the chances.

I also have no idea where Giant Chasm is, but it sounds like it has cool Pokemon. Maybe I should look around there.

Nice one! I haven't gotten an entirely random-encounter shiny for... a year and three weeks, to be exact. Usually I get one every few months. I did get a shiny Kricketot at a chain of three in April, but that still kind of raised the chances.

I also have no idea where Giant Chasm is, but it sounds like it has cool Pokemon. Maybe I should look around there.

Giant Chasm is the place that leads to Kyurem, the worst of the new Pokemon, in my honest opinion. Okay, from the town to the east of Opelucid City, across the Village Bridge, go down a ways, then start going u-

Wait, why am I giving directions? I would suggest looking at an official Pokemon site to find it.

Haha, oh my God, and it had Explosion... That's extremely lucky, yeah... |D; But, hey, congrats! (And Shiny Solrock looks pretty cool~)

Last edited:
You know what, THAT is why I always carry a pokemon with Damp as an ability when training: Just in case I run into a shiny that might have just a fraction of a chance of knowing self-destruct/explosion(YOU WILL ROT IN HELL SHINY GRAVELER!!!!!)

I haven't caught a shiny in BW yet. Giant chasm is sort of a maze. You go in a cave,leave through the middle opening, go around the grassy maze of it until you come across a pond. You'll hear a roaring sound, then everything will turn to snow.go up and up until you see an entrance. go in it. Hmm? there tis be a big pokemon at level 75. for the love of god, catch it. I advice not t use master ball. I caught the big pokemon, kyurem, with a great ball!

Although, i tis caughten a solrock a few hours ago(a typical one,=()

^I'm SRing for a shiny Kyuurem. At the same time, I'm SRing for a shiny starter on Johto. 456 SRs baby~

Anyways, my first (and only!) random encounter shiny fled. It was in the Great Marsh. i was looking for an Azurill because I didn't have one yet. And what popped up... but a shiny Azurill. Ecstatic, I tried to keep it in the battle... it fled after I threw a ball at it. i almost threw my DS at the wall.

I actually ran around the same area seeing if I could find it, because I figured it was nearby. (I was ten, okay? :P) I then ran into a regular Azurill. and caught it. I named it "NotShiny". XD

The same happened to me,except it was a shiny tangela and i threw 20 pokeballs before it fled. -_-""""""""

All these shiny stories are great! I feel like I've finally made my first successful thread...

DarkAura, what I was trying to do was give directions to get to Giant Chasm in the first place, but I like your instructions too.

No your instructions were the best. (Looking it up is smart,lol)

back on topic,a shiny Solrock,hmmm?

i got a shiny golett today! i feel really guilty for wanting to replace my normal golurk though :C

Congrats! :O You're so lucky!(Looks pretty good too.)
I found a shiny wailmer in ruby and also accidentally fled from a shiny wingull in ruby, but haven't seen a legit shiny since (other than red gyarados :p).

Last edited:
I remember my encounter with a shiny, of course I hadn't been playing the game long enough to know what a shiny was, and I killed it. After my sad realization, I have yet to see any other shiny. (Curse you shiny Zubat)

Really though, congrats on the shiny.

seven years of playing Pokémon and I've seen a total of ten shinies. I only have four of them left on my files, though.

my best friend ran into a shiny Marill on the fourth day of owning her very first Pokémon game ever, except she accidentally killed it with a critical. I couldn't decide if she was lucky or unlucky.

oh, i remember my friend playing her platinum game, and shestumbled upon a shiny. I forgot which pokemon but i told her "you have GOT TO CATCH IT! CATCH IT! you may never she a shiny again!" and she caught it

I have a friend who has a shiny bagon. Now that I think about it my friend has lot of shinies. He has a special PC box just for shinies, and it is maybe half full. I wish I had his luck, or his connections, or whatever he uses to get them.

Back
Top Bottom