• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Transgender children

A and B are gonna happen either way, transition or no. You still know personally that your body is wrong, and you might disclose to friends just to get it off your chest -- so you're still keeping a secret, and you're still known as that trans kid for a few. If it doesn't happen now, it'll happen later.
yes, but still! there's a HUGE difference from being "that gay guy" and being "the girl that used to be a dude".

one's a chick and one's a dude i guess
WIN.

I say that if my son walked up to me and said that he feels like he should be a girl instead, I would consider just minor changes like letting him run around with pink hats and stuff. Once he reaches 13, then he can make the decision to change then before puberty hits. Same goes for girls who wanna be boys.

It's all about seeing the signs. If the child knows fully what s/he's doing then I say let them be. Although how the child expresses it is a different matter.

"Can I be a boy?" is different from "I don't feel right being a girl". The former is just a kid trying to understand gender roles, and the latter is the child questioning his gender outright.

"Can I be a boy?" is different from "I don't feel right being a girl". The former is just a kid trying to understand gender roles, and the latter is the child questioning his gender outright.

Yes.

The thing with most transgender children is that they aren't aware at all that they are under that category of 'transgender' -- they're kids, it doesn't exist for them yet. So to a little boy who is mentally female he's not thinkin I WISH I WERE A GIRLY, he's thinking why the hell do i have a penis. He's thinking I am a girl, not I want to be.

Which is what I said, so agreed.

And I do think that there is a huge difference between 'that gay guy' and 'that chick who used to be a dude'. A huge one.

It's not that hard to figure out? If it is, I'll try to explain my reasoning, of course.

Which is what I said, so agreed.

And I do think that there is a huge difference between 'that gay guy' and 'that chick who used to be a dude'. A huge one.

It's not that hard to figure out? If it is, I'll try to explain my reasoning, of course.

There is a big difference -- even underneath the lgbt umbrella; certain people have tried to cut off the T from the acronym because they don't think they belong. And from a non-lgbt standpoint people are gonna feel differently; being gay probably won't be noticable even if you do tell them, but being trans is a huge jump for most people who don't really think of them as successful human beings but instead bad crossdressers well what I'm trying to get at is blah blah blah whatever.

I hope you understood that

Does fucking the transgender make you straight or gay?

That's the only thing I can think of.

what sort of question is that

if you're a guy screwing a transgender man then it's gay but transgender woman is straight

if you're not horribly closed-minded

Does fucking the transgender make you straight or gay?

That's the only thing I can think of.
the correct answer to this question is "who cares, just bone them anyway".

in response to the topic: like anything that young kids say, take it with a pinch of salt. however, don't try to impose gender roles on your kids (this is in general, don't bother at all with that shit), and once they're a bit older have a frank discussion with them whilst keeping an open mind.

btw

I think it is rather important that a person look like his/her corresponding gender in order to be fully accepted in society.
i probably misunderstand you. most likely, you meant "society expects people to have the qualities of their respective genders" with no intention of supporting said view. but nevertheless...

there is less pressure from society for women to look "feminine" and all that shit (okay there's still problems but we're making progress rite?). the same should apply for men. why should anyone have to conform to the standard appearance of their gender? a man can be happy as a man whilst still bearing feminine attributes and qualities.

I think I might be trans....

until I was 6 I had mostly "boy stuff" but then I stop[ed playing with them and more on teddies and my sister's farm animals, I also started hanging around with more girls(a pattern followed since then).
recently (no idea how the found out) my guidance teacher expressed worry that I spent most of my free time with girls from another school...

and my mum has noted when I played dressing up I prefered more feminine styles....

until I was 6 I had mostly "boy stuff" but then I stop[ed playing with them and more on teddies and my sister's farm animals,
so?

I also started hanging around with more girls(a pattern followed since then).
so?

my guidance teacher expressed worry that I spent most of my free time with girls from another school...
your guidance teacher is an idiot. there is nothing wrong with spending your free time with girls if that's what you prefer.

and my mum has noted when I played dressing up I prefered more feminine styles....
this could also be a sign of transvestitism, or a fetish. or maybe just that you don't give a crap about gender roles?

hrm, i 'unno. i'm no expert on transsexualism or whatnot, but i'm guessing that you're probably not transsexual. from the sound of it, you're just a bit feminine. you don't accept masculine gender roles, you want to do the same things as girls. doesn't necessarily mean you want a vagina... different story if you do, though. but that's cool anyway, because why should guys have to do guy stuff? no-one forces girls to spend all day sewing and cooking any more. :/

Transsexualism isn't something we can tell you is there or isn't there. You gotta figure it out yourself.

i probably misunderstand you. most likely, you meant "society expects people to have the qualities of their respective genders" with no intention of supporting said view. but nevertheless...

there is less pressure from society for women to look "feminine" and all that shit (okay there's still problems but we're making progress rite?). the same should apply for men. why should anyone have to conform to the standard appearance of their gender? a man can be happy as a man whilst still bearing feminine attributes and qualities.
Yes, I pretty much meant what you said about society expecting people to have qualities of their genders. Personally I don't care if somebody is a boy and looks like a girl or vice versa, but society as a whole will judge them based on it. :3 Even though it's not right, appearances do count... getting a job is the first thing that comes to mind for me. Are people going to want to hire a transgender who doesn't convincingly look like they were born their proper gender?

Transgendered people tend to make a huge effort to look like the gender they identify with so if people wtill confused them with their biological gender they'd be kind of depressed about it too.

Go count girls in math, science, programming.

the first computer programmer was a woman. Countess Ada of Lovelace. This was before programmable computers were even produced. She was that good. :sunglasses:

and btw I do not believe children are adequately knowledgeable about gender identity as a topic to be able to make informed decisions about their gender identity. Case in point: In middle school, on a whim, I painted my nails green. I believe this resulted from my mild feet/hands/painted nails fetish (don't ask me how). However, I never considered myself feminine or "a woman trapped in a man's body" at all, even though I liked how I looked in green nails.

I grew out of that, fortunately.

If they do it properly, then go ahead and be the other gender. Then again, some children are quite tactless, and I don't need that. I mean, look at me. I wish I was female sometime (XD), but I totally don't look good in girls' clothes, so I don't wear them. That's the kind of tact we need from the kids.

...so if nothing else, you could align your transgender kid on the right transgender path.

Ahahaha.

Back
Top Bottom