• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Video Games that Should be Remade

Vipera Magnifica

Aquatic Artiste
Pronoun
he/him
So what games would you like to see remade? What consoles should they be on?

Of course, I'd love an R/S/E remake. Hopefully after X/Y come out, the next games will be 3D Hoenn remakes. (I'm obviously not the first person to say this, as 3rd gen remakes have been speculated by fans for a long time, but it's still worth mentioning).

Majora's Mask 3DS. I'd say that MM definitely feels like a console game, but after seeing how great OoT3D was, I'd argue that MM3D could be even better.

Pokémon Snap! Either there should be a full-fledged sequel or a Wii U port with updated graphics. Using the handheld screen as a camera would be super-fun!

I'd prefer a Majora's Mask remake to be on the Wii U, to be honest. In fact that's one game if they remade, I'd prefer it if it weren't completely true to the original. They could add more sidequests and stuff! Give more of the characters daily routines, or do what I read they originally intended to do and make it a 7 day loop. Though that last one is probably the thing I'd least like to see out of those things. That would change it a bit too much.
Using the gamepad as the bomber's notebook would be pretty cool too.

Star Ocean the Second Story, redone on The Last Hope's battle engine

Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake remade on the FOX Engine, Xenosaga trilogy in HD

Pokemon Snap deserves a big, proper, extended (the original was way too short) sequel on the Wii U. A remake alone would be disappointing, I think.

The classic PS1 game Ape Escape definitely needs a stylish, intelligent (but not dark or gritty) remake. I even have an outline for such a thing written, if there are any executives from SCE in the house (didn't think so, but you can't blame a guy for trying).

In addition to the already-mentioned, I think Kirby Air Ride should be at least be remade for current-gen systems. That was a fun game.

The classic PS1 game Ape Escape definitely needs a stylish, intelligent (but not dark or gritty) remake. I even have an outline for such a thing written, if there are any executives from SCE in the house (didn't think so, but you can't blame a guy for trying).

there was On The Loose for the PSP. granted its controls were awful, it only had a graphical update and all the voices were redone (Spike as Billy? well then)

Ape Escape's well known for its lightheartedness in japan, so such a thing (dark and gritty) would not be well received at all over there. if anything, they'd just make it more akin to Ape Escape 3/Million Monkeys

majora's mask 3D definitely, i'd much rather play MM on the go (and i don't have my own wii u so)
and final fantasy v on 3DS would be pretty awesome too!

Not Final Fantasy VII. The blocky graphics are one of its most charming features. Blocky polygonal Cloud in a dress is adorable. As is tiny blocky drunk Reno. Give me them over the Advent Children versions any day.

I've never played Pokémon Snap and to be honest I always thought it sounded like a horrifically uninteresting game, but the Wii U is so perfect for it that it seems criminal not to do something with that basic concept again.

but only if it's just a graphics update and nothing really else! spyro's been fucked with enough imo

Agreed.

Or maybe if they add in a world or two. That would be fine.

Also, keep the annoying lines.

"Trouble with the trolley, eh?"

I'd like Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons to be remade (and with newer technology they could PROBABLY make one for Farore like they were originally planning?) but alas the 3ds e-shop release makes that unlikely

Snap remake would be lovely though!

Spore should be restored to Wright's original ideas. I still love the idea of a marine level dammit.

Also, Maverick Hunter X2-5. If only Maverick Hunter X had not been on the PSP sold well.

They complained that a Marine stage would be too hard because it requires multiple dimensions... What is Space Stage?

Spore should be restored to Wright's original ideas. I still love the idea of a marine level dammit.

Also, Maverick Hunter X2-5. If only Maverick Hunter X had not been on the PSP sold well.

it being on the PSP wasn't the problem, fans were bitching about the amount of ret-conning it did, and Inafune assumed we didn't want any more like it even though he was planning MHX2, so we can blame the fanbase for that

Back
Top Bottom