• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are you reading? II

The Mark of Athena just came out today. Already reading it :D
This. I only have a hundred or so pages left. I was kinda hoping the statue was the Palladion. WHY DO YOU RUIN MY DREAMS, RIORDAN? (kidding) But I'm glad put in some more obscure bits of mythology like Chrysaor.

UnWholly (the sequel to Unwind) has recently come out and I am about half way finished. Curse you third book not coming out till next yearr

Finally finished The Inferno, The Colour Out of Space, The Handmaid's Tale, gave up on The Republic, just finished The Ten-Cent Plague and am working my way through The Butcher Boy and The Sun Also Rises.

Тамань (a part of Lermontov's Герой нашего времени) and Män som hatar kvinnor (Stieg Larsson).

read Mark Danielewski's The Fifty Year Sword in 40 mins in between classes today

damn that was a good story

Finished The Butcher Boy and The Sun Also Rises and have since chewed my way through Animal Farm, A Scanner Darkly, The Quiet American, Maus and some other things I can't think of, my brain is too fried.

Currently rereading Frankenstein, thinking of starting a dystopia binge once I'm done; Brave New World, Lord of the Flies, A Clockwork Orange, Fahrenheit 451, Never Let Me Go and, if I can find it, We.

in english we have to do a novel study on a classic, so I'm reading Watership Down.

it's kinda recent, but i guess it counts as a classic?? it was in the "Classics" section at the school library.

Currently reading Cold Springs by Rick Riordan. After I finish, I'll be reading Airman.

I'm also going to be reading Deception Point for a book report.

Finished This Book is Filled With Spiders by David Wong a while ago, and just finished Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. I really like the different voices wow should go see the movie when I don't have several weeks' worth of homework to catch up on :U!

Finished reading The Things by Peter Watts, which is basically The Thing from the alien's POV. It was... not what I expected. I mean, I was really pumped for reading it, 'cause it sounded like a good idea, but it just felt like a let-down. It was also a bit confusing, because I thought he was basing it off the novel version, but it was only towards the end that it was confirmed that he was writing with Carpenter's movie version in mind...

The ending was jarring and I felt like he just ran out of steam, so he just threw in a rape metaphor for a cheap, ominous ending. No thanks, I'll stick with John Campbell's original story.

Finished This Book is Filled With Spiders by David Wong a while ago

oh shit, I didn't realise this was out, need to get this asap.

Last edited:
I'm re-reading the Twilight Saga for the 3rd time. I'm not one of these crazy fan girls, or anything, though. Last night, I started and finished New Moon, and got halfway through Eclipse. Those books are so romantic, it makes me sad :'(

Currently I'm finishing off the last couple of chapters of The Lord of the Rings. It hasn't really sparked as much conlanging and worldbuilding inspiration as I'd hoped/expected but it's been a pretty enjoyable read nonetheless.

When I'm done with that I'll probably just go back to being intimidated by the ridiculous amount of books I've been stockpiling for about a year and a half now and making no attempt to actually read.

Still readingWatership Down but I plan on finishing Deathly Hallows after, and might start reading Pokemon Adventures.

EDIT: I finally finished Watership Down!

Last edited:
I finished Good Omens a couple of days ago (holy crap?????? wow one of my favourite books) and have the first book in the Mistborn trilogy sitting around for after I finish this stupid math portfolio blaaaaargh.

I just re-finished Breaking Dawn. I'm now reading a book called 7 Habits for Highly Effective Teens.

Back
Top Bottom