• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alcestis - Euripides
Three Plays By Thornton Wilder - Thornton Wilder (no, really?)
The Cave Dwellers - William Saroyan

My clarinet teacher gave me Mozart's Sister by Nancy Moser. It's good. It's about Mozart's sister (obviously) and about how she was just as talented as he was, but she wasn't in the spotlight because she was a girl.

i finished reading the sun also rises on saturday.
i started and finished jonathan livingston seagull immediately after.
i am now reading naked lunch.

A mixture of A Short History of Tractors in the Ukranian, a novel by a very talented writer whose name I will never remember, and 24 and Philosophy by a ton of people. Both are very great.

Urgh...

I hate this.

I love to read, immensely. So much that I end up starting tons of books, sometimes all at once. Yet, because of myriad reasons, I hardly ever have time to read. If I actually sat down and did nothing but read for three days I could probably finish every single thing that I'm currently reading. But because I can't do that I end up bogged down with so many books that take forever to finish.

That being said, prepare for a large list.

The Sight by David Clement-Davies
The Shining by Stephen King
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
Hyperion by Dan Simmons
Pearls of Lutra by Brian Jacques
Hogfather by Terry Pratchett
The Gunslinger by Stephen King
The Last Continent by Terry Pratchett
Ender in Exile by Orson Scott Card
Warriors: Into the Wild by Erin Hunter
Men at Arms by Terry Pratchett

Yes, I read a lot of Discworld.

Oh, and I'm supposedly reading Order of the Phoenix for the Nth time, but I kind of stopped a while ago.

I do, however, take some pride in being able to keep track of all the plots and characters of each book at once.

Last edited:
brisingr is awsome but i think that eldest was better. right now i am reading the new charlie bone book

I was reading Twilight, but I really want to get The Book Theif out again, it's lovely.

I just finished The Titan's Curse, which I got for Christmas.

It's so gooooooooooooooooood.

The Book Thief for English. It's good and I like it. But I don't have much patience to sit down and read recently.

It's a lovely book, isn't it? I haven't read another one like it.

Lord of the Flies. English class, oddly enough the first time I've had to do it. Not too horrible so far.

... I just bought four books from Half-Price - Cosmos by Carl Sagan; Surely You're Joking, Mr Feynman! by Richard Feynman; A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking; and Lies My Teacher Told Me by James Loewen. ... these are my free-read books and I can't read them cause of school. The irony!

Oh right, also Temeraire by Naomi Novik. I got that for Christmas though.

Just after sunset by Stephen King. I have a couple of Discworld books to read afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom