• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i finished lolita. i had to put it down for a week; last week was fairly turbulent, in terms of personal issues, turbulent enough for me to not feel compelled to read anything. as a result, i did not know for sure why humbert was doing what he was doing for twenty or so pages. after i got the hang of it again, it mostly returned to its former glory. in the end, it was probably the second great book i've read all year - the first being on the road - though i probably would have enjoyed it more had last week just not happened.

edit: oh, i saw the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya - the light novel - for eight bucks yesterday and snapped it up. i should start that tonight before i have to read my next book for english.

We are reading the Diary of Anne Frank in English, it's okay. I am re-reading the Harry Potter Series, I'm on the Goblet of Fire, and I'm also working on Across Five Aprils for my AP English class next year. It and The Adventures of Huck Finn are our summer reading for that class.

We read that before Diary of Anne Frank! To Kill a Mocking Bird, that is. The first chapter, when she describes Maycomb, is my favorite. So very descriptive...

Just finished reading Going Postal. Not sure what I'm going to read next. Also, practicing typing with my eyes closed.

Well, we just finished reading To Kill a Mockingbird in english; pretty good.

I was never able to read that book until I watched the film.

When I first tried I found it extremely boring and hard to get stuck into, but I watched the film, which I think is one of the best films ever, and I sped through the book. It's pretty amazing I'd say, one of my favourites :)

I'm reading Airman by Eoin Colfer by force from the school, it's good I guess. A little slow and tedious, but overall quite good :)

Dark Calling- Darren Shan
darkcalling.jpg

It was extremely dull and talkative in the opening half but now it has turned into one of my favourite books. This looks to be one hell of a finale. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom