• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished Stephen Fry's Moab is my Washpot. IT IS SO ENDEARING i want a sequel so bad. I mean he's around fifty now so he's had a lot more going on in his life.
Gonna start reading Tribes of Britain after the exams and Medieval Russia (980 - 1584) after that.

The Sword of Waters, the second in a series titled The Shield, Sword and Crown by Hilari Bell

Watchmen, by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons. I am just getting into graphic novels (read V for Vendetta last week which was both awesome and scarily relevant), and it is pretty cool.

Also before that it was Dragonfly Falling by Adrian Tchaikovsky, which is book two of a pretty unknown steampunkish trilogy that I would recommend to anyone sick of generic fantasy.

Finished Stephen Fry's Moab is my Washpot. IT IS SO ENDEARING i want a sequel so bad. I mean he's around fifty now so he's had a lot more going on in his life.

Seconded. FRY ARE YOU LISTENING?
I really adore Fry's books. I hate that man for being so good at bloody everything )<

(read V for Vendetta last week which was both awesome and scarily relevant)

Oh my god, I know. o.o (re the relevence)
(also, I'm still gutted they cut the discussion about Milgram's study of obedience and all the references to the Magic Faraway Tree out of the film version)

I'm still revising my face off and don't have time for much book-reading, but I think I'm gonna read The Almost Moon on the trip back to Devonland when my exams are over.

Wow, first time I've posted here. Um, Angels and Demons, by Dan Brown. Partly because I expect it's a good book and partly because I want to be able to see how many changes there are from book to film.

Oh yeah STEPHEN FRY FTW.

I really need to read V for Vendetta and especially Watchmen.

Right now the book I'm reading most consistently is The Millennium Problems by Keith Devlin. Yes I read books about math don't judge me~

Just finished reading No Child's Game Reality TV 2083. I don't remember
The author but it was really good.

Currently reading...Nothing really. I am still looking for someting.

i just read a book, closer, by dennis cooper. it was pretty good; the abundance of sex scenes made it more than a little unsettling, though. but i recommend it.

i'll probably start frankenstein in the next few days. yay, summer reading..

Currently Reading: Pitch Black
Author: Melody Carlson

Synopsis: A 17 year-old girl named Morgan is so devastated by her best friend Jason's death she joins a suicide pact with two friends and nearly kills herself. She has a crappy life in general and she decided life isn't worth living.....

Um, Angels and Demons, by Dan Brown. Partly because I expect it's a good book and partly because I want to be able to see how many changes there are from book to film.

Heh, I just finished it. It's great >D The film, I hear, deviates quite a bit from the book.

Oh, and I'm reading The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine, too. Blasting Christianity with logic is fun :3

The Neverending Story, Michael Ende. Slovenian translation (I don't think I could ever read it in English).

eta: noooo dan brown stop :(((

Currently Reading: Pitch Black
Author: Melody Carlson

Synopsis: A 17 year-old girl named Morgan is so devastated by her best friend Jason's death she joins a suicide pact with two friends and nearly kills herself. She has a crappy life in general and she decided life isn't worth living.....

This sounds worth a read. :/
Very happy and sounds like there's a lot of plot involved.

umm, Mister Pip, by this guy from New Zealand.

A 14 year old girl grows up on an island in the south Pacific, during what I think is the Vietnam war (the book doesn't really say) and because of the war, all but one of the white people have left the island (which is now blockaded). Because they don't have teachers, the last white person decides to try and teach the children, by reading Great Expectations by Charles Dickens to them. I really want to read Great Expectations now.

I still have to read Across Five Aprils and The Adventures of Huck Finn for English class next year.

The last book I read was
The Tale of Desperaux by Kate Dimacillo ( at least I think thats how her name is spelled)
Its a great book.

ughhh I wanna read my huge Sherlock Holmes anthology but I can't until I've finished the two other books I have before it. I'VE GOT A TIGHT READING SCHEDULE HERE ):>

I'm reading The Extended Phenotype by Richard Dawkins. I am amused by (and in agreement with) the review blurb from the back that says "Dawkins is quite incapable of being boring."

Right now he's talking about slaving ants and hybrid frogs. As always, it is fascinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom