• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you want to see in the 5th gen?

Trainer Customization that you don't have to spend half the game trying to get new customization options;

ability to set ball capsules on Pokemon in the PC;

secret bases like in R/S/E;

longer routes and larger cities;

bring back some of the old music from various games (redone of course)

I would like to see some more interesting Pokemon types i.e Dark/Steel or Psychic/Rock etc.

Solrock and Lunatone are Rock/Psychic.

But yeah, Dark/Steel has to happen eventually. Pretty much any type combination is possible (well, I don't think we'll ever see Normal/Bug or Normal/Dragon or anything silly like that, but still)... Fire/Ice would probably the hardest one to make sense of, but even that would be possible--it could be some Pokémon with "split powers" like Gill from Street Fighter 3; he's half red and half blue, and his red hand shoots fire-based projectiles while the blue one shoots ice-based ones.

Well let's see here...
1. A flying minigame
2. Making it so that event pokemon can be downloaded off of wifi after their events.
3. Upgraded secret bases
4. In-game game that allows you to fuse pokemon (not to use... but like on a computer)
5. Make logical goals for getting pokemon like spiritomb ( they think we actually have 32 pokemon playing friends near us?)
6. Poisen/dark type with levitate!
7. An ability called radiance that makes dark/ghost type moves useless
Btw if I remember the text system correctly they didn't put it in D/P because it could be used for swear words on wifi.

Unlimited secret base space(you can design the layout and passages and things). And also being able to make a secret base anywhere where it could make sense.

Like any tree that you want, or any stone that is big enough.

It'd be awesome.

Trainer Customization that you don't have to spend half the game trying to get new customization options;

ability to set ball capsules on Pokemon in the PC;

secret bases like in R/S/E;

longer routes and larger cities;

bring back some of the old music from various games (redone of course)

And more gender differences.

Well let's see here...
1. A flying minigame
2. Making it so that event pokemon can be downloaded off of wifi after their events.
3. Upgraded secret bases
4. In-game game that allows you to fuse pokemon (not to use... but like on a computer)
5. Make logical goals for getting pokemon like spiritomb ( they think we actually have 32 pokemon playing friends near us?)

6. Poisen/dark type with levitate!
7. An ability called radiance that makes dark/ghost type moves useless
Btw if I remember the text system correctly they didn't put it in D/P because it could be used for swear words on wifi.

Actually....you can talk to one person 32 times (or so i've heard)

But yes, more reasonable ways to catch them all. Some guy on youtube hit the hammer on the nail when it came to how tedious it is to get new pokemon. I mean..six hours on honey trees....really?

Anywho...for the next game I would like what the above quoted suggested in bold, more non-WiFi exclusive features (not having wifi = shafted almost), and in general....a better storyline. Im sure half the world is tired of "You become a trainer and champion but beware the evil criminal org." mess. Some actual developing interactions with other characters (nearly had it in RSE but lost it in DPP with the gender choices...sort of), different paths to choose based on your choices (such as w/e starter you choose can affect the outcome of your journey, people you meet, etc.), battle animations being shorter and simpler (it takes nearly 7 seconds for a single attack to finish it's animation), some co-op functions allowing you to optionally journey with an AI or friend in the main story save for Gym Battles (we've seen some progress in this department in DPP...lets keep this up), and a rival that makes me want to make him eat his words...not one that makes me want to choke him for annoyances.

- an area with constant Sunny Day. Can't imagine how it'd look though. A volcano area? Even though active volcanoes make the sky dark...

-more wacky type combinations, but they need to make the Pokemon relatively strong.

-more types mixed with electric, fire, bug, and ghost.

-nerf Stealth Rock >>

-starters from past generations are available ingame, maybe make them wild but really rare or late game or something.

-a few changes to the type chart. Mainly giving poison another strength and ice another resistance.

By the way, what would the be the major battle change in 5th gen? Gen 2 introduced special defense and item holding, gen 3 had abilities and double battles, and gen 4 had a more logical special and physical split. I've seen double typed moves suggested, but the mechanics behind that seem difficult to figure out.

By the way, what would the be the major battle change in 5th gen? Gen 2 introduced special defense and item holding, gen 3 had abilities and double battles, and gen 4 had a more logical special and physical split. I've seen double typed moves suggested, but the mechanics behind that seem difficult to figure out.

Maybe a battle system similar to that of Megaman X Command Mission? Making it a little more faster paced, cause DP is sloooooooooowwwwww...

Types that still need Legendary representation (period):

-Fighting
-Bug
-Poison
-Normal (If Arceus doesn't count because of its ability)

Types that need a little more representation:

-Ground
-Rock
-Ghost
-Dark

Other roles that need to be filled in the battling world:

-Non-legendary instant Sunny Day/Rain Dance users
-More Rock-type special attacks. The only ones now are Ancientpower and Power Gem, and Ancientpower has too little PP, while Power Gem is a bit too uncommon.
-A more common and reliable special Fighting-type attack. Maybe a Fighting-type equivalent of Shadow Ball/Energy Ball/Flash Cannon. (80 power attacks that can decrease Sp. Def.)
-Possibly more Dark-type special moves.
-More Spore users

Last edited:
1.)Hmmm... Actually, the idea of a "one region per game" would be good, maybe a pokemon or two that are exclusive for one of the regions, with the e4 in as the "gateway to the second region", and there be two e4s, but one champion, once you beat him/her, you go to the second region, get all the badges, face the second e4, then get acess to a supa-secret place!

2.)Also, the idea of the starter you choose will affect the whole game line, OTHER THAN WHAT POKEMON YOUR RIVAL HAS. (had to get that out:sweatdrop:)

3.) MOAR TYPE FUSIONS W/ PSYCHIC

4.) more pokemon evolving via stones (i.e. moon stone, leaf stone, etc.)

- an area with constant Sunny Day. Can't imagine how it'd look though. A volcano area? Even though active volcanoes make the sky dark...

A beach :o! Or a desert. Not all deserts are dunes and inches-deep loose sand and sandstorms...

Pretty much all the stuff in Sapphiron's post would be neat.

RSE-type secret bases need to come back, too. The play-the-underground-to-move-the-rocks thing in DPPt is pretty damn lame, not to mention it's always dusty brown in there. I personally liked the bases up in trees. Treehouses! Also, being able to visit your friends' bases (and battle your friends!) whenever you felt like it after mixing records with them or whatever it was you had to do, was really cool.

The idea of more character development and your starter affecting the story would be awesome, too, but would require a lot more work on the programmers' part. Would be amazing, but I doubt it would happen.

I'd like to see more gender differences, too, and gender-specific evolutions. I'd also like to see some opposite-sex equivalents to Pokemon that are curently one gender only (kind of like what they did with Taruos and Miltank, maybe?), some more adorable babies (namely Kangaskhan), and... no more Pikachu lookalikes. Just use Pikachu and the other lookalikes you already have in advertising, don't make any more. -.-

Oh, and more ruins would be really cool! The ruins in G/S/C were probably my favorite areas of that generation! All of the sliding puzzles and mythology and hieroglyphs were really interesting.

The ability to choose your career path would be nice. Like rather than forcing you do do gyms, you could pick between challenging gyms, working to become a Professor, doing contest, etc. And hopefully the only thing it would affect would be just the career.

To be honest, i'd like to see simpler ways to evolve mons. And some battle system similar to Mario rpgs. Give it a feeling of action and involvement during battles.

Yeah, but Pokemon is more about skill and strategy than action packed quick on-the-spot thinking...no time based things or anything.

How would the Mario style Pokemon battling work without killing Pokemon? Maybe a Spin-Off or something...

New types, like a light type. Secret bases with friend battles. Powerful moves for less (how should I put this?) used types. Like, a Dark type equivalent of Blast Burn. New plot, definitely.
And some cool new battle options, like a tag battle. Let's say we have Trainers A and B against Trainers C and D. Each trainer chooses two Pokemon.
Trainer A and Trainer C send out their first Pokemon. They each attack. Then, Trainer B takes A's place and Trainers D takes C's place, and each send out a new Pokemon, where A and C's Pokemon return.
It could be a new Frontier building or a wireless option.
And all the ideas so far seems really cool!

Meh, one thing I can think of, a pure flying type.... Those poor flying types get abused enough by me as it is, o.O

Aside from that last comment, Joltea has the right point!

Also, the career path thing would work, but after you beat the e4. Like you can be any career in the game, (and the money it pays [$$$]), etc.

Back
Top Bottom