• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What Dungeons were you stuck on?

Jesus freaking Christ I hated Temporal Tower DDx Atleast Dialga was easy to beat (thank you, Violent Seed+Red Bow+Blaze-boosted STABed critical-hit Flame Wheel that did like 474 or so damage)

Whyyyyyyyy did you turn against me guild in the Mysterious Forest I thought we were frieeeeeeends DD:

I hated the Hidden Land. After I *finally* beat it, I found I was underleved for Temporal Tower, which meant I had to go back to Treasure Town TWICE to level up.
Jeesuuus.
Blizzard Island is also annoying, with it's monster houses. @_@

Right now, Surrounded Sea. I'm trying to get Manaphy so I can finally evolve, and I'm a level 53 Chimchar so it will probably take some work. I always lose on Floor 1 due to Octillery, Starmie and Slowking (My moves are Flame Wheel, Swords Dance, Brick Break and Flamethrower. >< )

Temporal Tower is always hard for me, but I just keep going up until I level up enough to defeat Dialga.

I remember playing as Piplup and Torchic, level 50's, and still getting beaten by Dialga >< I was also stuck in the future before that, and for the same reason; lack of Reviver Seeds ><

However, I recently overcame that with Turtwig and Torchic :) Now to beat the guild ...

You guys have all that difficulty with Temporal Tower? My hint is, if you somehow can, get "armed". That would mean, grab some Orbs that can stop monster houses from being an issue. Spurn Orb, for example, which won't solve the whole trouble but will make matters a lot easier.

And try to keep a HUGE stock of Reviver Seeds so that you can handle Dialga's nonstop Roars of Time until it runs out of PP.

Well, for me, the only dungeons that were a bind so far were Amp Plains and the two desert dungeons (Northern Desert and Quicksand Cave). Because of my starter choice (Pikachu).

Also, Mysterious Forest was a bit troublesome, but not because of the "Grandmaster of all things bad"; the guild people were easy to beat with Discharge and Thunder Wave at hand. Rather, because those goddamn Torterra could wipe out my whole team with Earthquake. A timely Thunder Wave is a great savior, though.

Lastly, I have yet to be to the toughest dungeons in the game, such as Aegis Cave. Sue me. : P

Aegis Cave didn't give me much of a problem. Reviver Seeds + Focus Punch = Win.

Now, I'm stuck in Mt. Travail, for no apparent reason other than the usual.

Horrible, horrible luck.

I was stuck at the cave with Groudon in Red Rescue Team and then restarted and then got stuck at the one with Articuno

ANY AND ALL 99 level dungeons after the main storyline in PMD Blue. I never got PMD Time, so I don't know if it's easier or what, but CRAP there were TOO MANY TRAPS.

I HATE TRAPS. WITH ALL MY SOUL.

In PMD1: the 100-floor dungeons, plus Sky Tower Pinnicle (never could beat Raquaza without Ice Beam...

In PMD2: all Zero Isles (North: Foe Qwillfish ate the Doom Seed. It dropped to level 85.), basically. Dark Crater, sort of, and Temporal Tower my first time. (I beat Dialga on my third try--it was getting up there that was the problem.)

Pretty much a fair bit of the game, I'm not that good at RPG's.
Here's how it went.
Beginning to going to the future: Pretty well.
The future: The beginning of the end of my sanity.
After somehow managing to escape the future, things went smoothly up until I got to the hidden land. I STILL haven't beaten it.
Oh, and in PMD1, I never got past the dungeon with Zapdos.

I was stuck on Dark Crater because of Darkrai!
Darkrai

Dear God don't mention that sonofabitch. I was stuck in Deep Dark Crater for so long that the music was burned into my brain until I despised it, and then liked it again. I haven't been there for, like, a year, and I still know every single little thing in the background music, and can still catch myself humming the main part of it.

Looking back on Temporal Tower, I think that the only reason I found it hard (at the time, not anymore) was because of freaking Discharge on the Porygon line, which I swear make up at least 50% of the Temporal Tower enemies. The other 50% is Bronzor/Bronzong, which is more of a pain in the ass in this game because it gets both Levitate and Heatproof.

In PMD1, I always found Silver Trench hard because on the first turn of all the Monster House floors, there were like a million Seadra that used Agility and swarmed me. And hunger.

I also always found Moltres sooooooo insanely uber in PMD1. I swear, I've started the game anew at least 50 times, and I've beaten it 4 times. Why? Not Articuno, not even Rayquaza, but fucking Moltres. I used to imagine the top of the volcano being littered with the bones of all the characters of mine that it killed. I mean, seriously, on every try where I beat Moltres, I beat Rayquaza a lot easier. The only time I didn't quit because of Moltres (pre-game) was my first file, as a Treecko, because I was a noob and couldn't beat Team Meanies, and I almost quit on my Cyndaquil file. Honestly, I actually physically said to myself "If I don't beat Rayquaza this time, I'm restarting," and I miraculously beat him. Moltres gave me more trouble than any other boss in any other video game, ever (except for Giratina on Platinum; I could beat him okay, but he would not stay in the frigging ball agggggggh).

The problem with Buried Relic was that, despite the Pokemon being easy, I always died of hunger. As Skitty, I died of hunger on the very last floor. I cried for hours. Also, the traps suck, because it always made all of my food Grimy Food, made all useful items sticky, and once I recruited Regice, but it somehow stepped on a hidden Pitfall Trap that I didn't walk over and was lost D:

The very first time I played PMD: EoD I was horribly stuck on Temporal Tower as a Charmander(which my mother predicted I would be), but later on I restarted the game(I named my partner[a Totodile] after my past crush, said crush started being an a-hole to be, I wanted to forget him in every way possible). I am now stuck on defeating Dialga as a Totodile and my new partner is a Charmander. Oh, how ironic.
EDIT:
And try to keep a HUGE stock of Reviver Seeds so that you can handle Dialga's nonstop Roars of Time until it runs out of PP.

I'm taking this advice into consideration, now.

Hidden Land & Highland, Temporal Tower & Spire, Dark Crater & Deep Dark Crater...

God, I absolutely depise those dungeons. Why must they be so hard? Why? Why?

You should have 10 or more Reviver Seeds. Dialga's Roar of Time only has 4 PP. Also, have a ready stock of Oran Berries. And a Violent Seed or two. And some long range moves. Skitty + Blizzard = R.I.P. Dialga

Except Skitty has Normalize, which is one of the absolute shittiest abilities ever. Oh sure, STAB for every move, but you get no super effective hits and can't get any decent ones on Steel or Rock types, and (except in PMD) can't get a hit period on Ghost types without Foresight, Miracle Eye, Odor Sleuth, or Scrappy (which Skitty/Delcatty doesn't get). Sometimes the whole "you can get both abilities in PMD!" thing is really awesome and convenient, but at others (like Bronzor/Bronzong (enemy) and Skitty/Delcatty (ally)) it really sucks and you want to do evil things.

"Haven't you ever wanted to choke a baby? Or punch a puppy in the face? Yeah, that's how I feel right now."

Buried Relic
Silver Trench
Mt. Faraway
Wish Cave

TEAM: Machamp (Level 56) Blastoise (Level 55) Absol (Level 42)

Temporal Pinnacle

TEAM: Mudkip + Treeko (Forgot levels)

Except Skitty has Normalize, which is one of the absolute shittiest abilities ever. Oh sure, STAB for every move, but you get no super effective hits and can't get any decent ones on Steel or Rock types, and (except in PMD) can't get a hit period on Ghost types without Foresight, Miracle Eye, Odor Sleuth, or Scrappy (which Skitty/Delcatty doesn't get). Sometimes the whole "you can get both abilities in PMD!" thing is really awesome and convenient, but at others (like Bronzor/Bronzong (enemy) and Skitty/Delcatty (ally)) it really sucks and you want to do evil things.
So who cares about abilities? Skitty still rocks. EVERY SINGLE game I have with a Skitty in it always get past Dialga, all the others I either restarted before that or epic-ly fail at Dialga - One time I made myself male (in-game, of course) to get Shinx, but Skitty was a partner. I made her sing Dialga and I let loose the electric fangs of doom :D

My point is that Skitty rocks.

On-topic, though, Dark Hill is getting a pain. My poor Vulpix (Skitty as partner) stupid go-everywhere ghost mobility! >:(

I know Moltres gave me a lot of pain in PMD Blue, because I was a Bulbasaur and my partner was a Cyndaquil. It took me almost a week to beat it.

Back
Top Bottom