• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What Games Are You Playing?

goldeneye goldeneye goldeneye :D
also ocarina of time for n64 (picked up a copy of the original for $25, great game but still inferior to MM, though, IMO)

I am replaying every game in the Mario and Luigi series, starting with Superstar Saga.

Why I stopped playing this series is beyond me.

I am replaying every game in the Mario and Luigi series, starting with Superstar Saga.

Why I stopped playing this series is beyond me.

I love superstar saga, and so badly want a copy of my own. Hopefully I'll be getting one in the next couple of weeks.

Are the DS games in the series as good as superstar saga?

Just downloaded Ur-Quan Masters, but I haven't been able to get to a proper save point before something gets destroyed. I'll continue later.

I love superstar saga, and so badly want a copy of my own. Hopefully I'll be getting one in the next couple of weeks.

PiT is good, but BiS is very good. Neither are quite as good as the original, but the latter comes close.

Superstar Saga is the best in terms of gameplay and replayability.

When it comes to story, I would say Partners in Time (plus to be honest some parts of that game scared the crap out of me when I was younger. I mean, DAT INTRO is just . . . uhh!)

Bowser's Inside Story is the shortest one of them all, but is by far the most well written when it comes to humor and jokes. Every time Bowser or Fawful opened their mouths, I was laughing.

So yeah, bottom line Superstar Saga has them beat when it comes to gameplay, but the two beat the original character and story wise.

If you were a fan of the original, then get the other two. A fair warning, Partners in Time was like 40$, so watch for that.

playing Mega Man II to see what all the hubbub's about
;n; it's obnoxiously hard but still pretty fun

Mega Man II or Mega Man 2? (there's an actual difference :P)
go for Mega Man 3 or 4 after you finish that, if you're interested. i personally think both are much stronger titles and much more balanced in terms of difficulty and player adaptation

Mega Man II or Mega Man 2? (there's an actual difference :P)
go for Mega Man 3 or 4 after you finish that, if you're interested. i personally think both are much stronger titles and much more balanced in terms of difficulty and player adaptation

woah what
there's a difference?
whatever the second game's name is is the one i am playing

yeah, roman numerals are the numbering they use for the gameboy games, and Megaman 7. the gameboy games follow a separate storyline from what 1-10 are

which bosses have you beaten? Metal Man and Flash Man are pretty awesome

yeah, roman numerals are the numbering they use for the gameboy games, and Megaman 7. the gameboy games follow a separate storyline from what 1-10 are

which bosses have you beaten? Metal Man and Flash Man are pretty awesome

i've beaten Metal Man, Wood Man, Flash Man, and Crash Man.

Last night I threw all my fucks to the winds and completed Singularity in one sitting. It is, frankly, amazing. You can accurately describe the gameplay and even a lot of the setting and mechanics in terms of other games - it's pretty much a hodgepodge of Bioshock, TimeSplitters, Portal, Bulletstorm, Dead Space, Fallout, Half-Life and S.T.A.L.K.E.R., but it weaves the borrowed elements together in such an interesting and goes to enough lengths to carve out its own identity that it really stands for itself.

Something that really brought the story to a whole new level for me was actually the time travel mechanics. You get the sneaking suspicion throughout the game that the time travel mechanics don't work quite the way that everyone in-universe presumes them to and by the time you've gotten all three endings and realise what's actually been happening, you realise that (1) no, they sure as hell don't and (2) the writers have been working off a ridiculously interesting and sophisticated understanding of the time travel mechanics that offers a completely original take on the concept that I have never encountered before. My mind was thoroughly blown when I figured out what was happening. The game is seriously recommended.

Back
Top Bottom