• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What Kind of Qualities Do You Like in a Person?

Just because a person has specific qualities doesn't mean that I can't dislike them. It depends on how the qualities are on the person too.

You might be, metaphorically speaking, someone who fills out every category a person has specified. However, since you act like a 12 year old, people are likely to be put off if you get what I mean?

The ability to laugh at oneself is basically the only thing that matters.
But of course I'd rather not be with someone that's very illogical.

They'd have to be rational and logical (though obviously they'd have to understand my irrational hate of Portugal. IT'S SOMETHING I CAN'T CONTROL), I'd like someone who's intelligent, too.

I'd prefer it if a person isn't ugly, too. I'm not saying that they have to be amazingly attractive, I'm just saying that I generally don't like ugly people. (note that most people aren't ugly)

I like someone who has a sense of humour and also I like atheists. It's hard to be friends with religious people sometimes :(

I enjoy intelligence, loyalty, and a sense of humor. I like other things, too, but those are at the top of my list.

Two things: Honesty and a desire to stick by, not driven at all by obligation. All obligation does is destroy any meaning put into one's actions.

I wanted to put down Honesty, Loyalty, Intelligence, stuff like that. But after thinking about it, I realized only one trait truly matters to me. As long as they have this trait, then it is close to impossible for me not to get along with them:

Kindness

Honesty, Loyalty, Intelligence, Kindness and generally me liking them for so and so random reason. What a lot of people said.

I wanted to put down Honesty, Loyalty, Intelligence, stuff like that. But after thinking about it, I realized only one trait truly matters to me. As long as they have this trait, then it is close to impossible for me not to get along with them:

Kindness

Eh, I dunno. They can be the nicest person in the world to other people, but it doesn't really mean much if they don't have a decent opinon of themselves. Confidence and respect for one's self are pretty high on my list.

I find that humor, kindness, honesty, loyalty, and if they're able to tell right from wrong very good qualities. In looks, I like blue eyes and blond hair, good hygeine, non-tacky clothes and a sweet smile attractive qualities.

Bravery, kindness, empathy, intelligence, loyalty, optimisim, an open mind, a beautiful heart. I sound so corny.

Self-confidence, too, or self appreciation, maybe. I always like it when a good person can see that they're a good person, and aren't ashamed to think/say it.

Plus, usually when people completely 'hate themselves' they're really only fooling themself, because I believe everyone thinks deep down that they're a good person and deserve good chances and happiness. It's annoying when people don't realise this. XD

I generally like people who seem kind of... distant! In a sort of social way if you know what I mean. People who are perfectly civil to other people but always seem wrapped up in their own thoughts, you know? They're the most interesting and usually the funniest, sweetest people once you get to know them.

Otherwise... tactful, sympathetic (I'm not this at all so I need somebody to balance me out xD), trustworthy and being hilariously adorable is a plus!

...hang on, surely the qualities that you like in people are what would make you get along with them in the first place?

I swear it works out like that for me sometimes, though.

Hmm... Well, first and foremost they have to be tolerant and/or respectful of, well, whatever, depending on the person. Not discriminatory, not one to pick on someone else on account of their personal choices. Most every group has those crazies (but especially atheists in my experience, no offence, resident atheists). ^_^

Moving on, a sense of humor, and the ability to not take everything seriously. It bothers me when people can't take a joke.

Also, I don't like flat. I don't like anything too big, but I do want something to grab.

Intelegence. I don't want someone dumb or not sm,art, because then it kind of makes it hard to communicate. Kindness is important too, because I just dislike jerks and wouldn't want to be around them. Loving as well because they should be able to show they love their friends, family, etc. Yes that's all I look for.

Kindness, honesty, things like that. Liking books, because I find it very hard to talk to people who don't read or write. Not very talkative; I hate sitting there and nodding while my friends babble on and on and on and etc. But not too silent either; long awkward silences aren't fun. Intelligent, but not so much that they know everything (or think they do). They don't discriminate. They don't pretend to be perfect; everyone has their dirty little secrets and personal shames, and they shouldn't try to hide them. These are the sort of people I find it easy to talk to and befriend.

Back
Top Bottom