• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What originally drew you into Pokemon?

What was the first Pokemon production you bought/ wached?

• Video Games

Votes: 36 33.3%
  • Anime

Votes: 32 29.6%
  • TCG

Votes: 18 16.7%
  • Don't remember

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • Other

Votes: 14 13.0%

• Total voters

Aura Cobalt

Banned
Completey independant of what you like now, what was the first Pokemon production you participated in?

For myself, I wached a few of the Anime episodes forever ago, but owned a pack of the cards first, so I have to answer TCG, despite the fact that I now absolutely despise the Anime and Trading Card Game.

TCG for me too. I watched the anime a bit way after that, and then was allowed my first Pokemon game and my first handheld console~ only years after getting my first cards.

Pokemon cards were a huge deal at my primary schools until they were banned. :( I didn't even know there were other Pokemon things for years.

I found a toy at Toys R Us when I was young. They looked cool, so I bought them, and after hearing there were 151 I decided I wanted to see them all, and gradually learned more and more until that was the only thing my parents ever heard me talk about.

Hmm, where is the other option?! Because my brothers got me into it really, well I suppose it was because of the games. Although, we did watch the anime too, it was a big thing in my house.

To be honest I never played any main Pokémon game before Pearl.

It began with that I watched an episode of the anime, and was all like "Holy smokes! Pets with superpowers?!" or something like that. I also began collecting the cards obviously, due not getting a handheld until Gameboy advance, and my first game was Rayman. I collected cards/watching anime until I was around 9-10 years old, and then people at my school began thinking it was childish, and at that time I followed the crowd to not feel left outside, so I quit watching/collecting.

Three years went by, and my sister bought a DS, which she said I could play on under the condition I got my own games for it, so I looked at another forum, where a guy name Xynrai! said that Pokémon games was good, so I bought a version of the game from China due me being a cheap bastard who didn't want to pay the 70 bucks it would have cost in Swedish money, and as I put it on the game pretty much hit me in the face with a sledgehammer of awesomeness and said "Become a nerd again, you little son of a bitch!"

Which is why I ended up here, the reason of Gardevoir being my favourite is a completely another story, including a mistaken link, pokémon hentai and pity. :/

Hmm, where is the other option?!

Yeah, sorry, I realized that it might need an other option after I put this thread up; I have asked in the Forum Help section if there is a way to edit polls, so if it is possible I will have an "other" option as soon as I can.

Pokemon Blue was my first game on the Gameboy colour when I was six. Loved every second of it. The thing that actually drew me in though was the actual creatures, I adored them.

Hmm, where is the other option?! Because my brothers got me into it really, well I suppose it was because of the games. Although, we did watch the anime too, it was a big thing in my house.

The same for me... although I only have one brother.

The first Pokemon thing I ever had was an Ivysaur toy; for a long time the only Pokemon I knew were Ivysaur and Pikachu, but that wasn't really what got me into it.

I remember I'd buy Lunchables, and when Red and Blue first came out they were doing a Pokemon promotion. On the back of the boxes, there were little cards with the Pokemon on them that you could cut out, and they'd have tips for the game on the back. I saved all of my boxes so I could cut out all the cards when I got home. :>

Then when I got the opportunity to buy my Red version, I became completely hooked.

I think it was when I was around three. They were giving out pokemon cards with the kid's meals, I believe. I watched the anime for a long time after that, but all the anime now stinks.

I was a little, little kid. We were in Toys R' Us, and mind you, this was back when I could ACTUALLY be buckled into the shopping carts. I remember seeing the VHS's, and thinking. "What the..."*slips into cart*

A year later, I think I bought..all of season 1. X,X Later, the games, and then I stopped watching the show after..morals were introduced.

I do belive the videos I owned were sold a year of two back, or forgoten when we moved....?x3

a kid bought some pokemon cards in for show and tell in year 2
more people got them
i got some
watched the show
rest is history

I was 8 or something when I first saw the anime. The Toys R' Us I got my GBC at was sold out of Pokemon games, though, so the anime was all I had for a few months or so. Around the same time, a friend of mine gave me a few random TCG cards, but I didn't learn how to play for a while. So, yeah, the anime got me into this. The Eevee plushie in my avatar is almost as old as Pokemon itself. Back when the plushies were cool.

I remember trying to pick between Red and Blue at Electronics Boutique (back then they had those, before GameStop consumed them.). The clerk was not hip on the differences so I picked solely on box art. I don't know what drew me to Blastoise, though.

I forget whether the anime or the games came first.

Now that I think about it the anime probably came first.

My brother played it before me, and allowed me to have his Gold version, so I was a fan since.
I still have that infamous Gold. It's not too good a file.

Well, when I was really little I watched some kids playing TCG, and a while later I saw Blue at Wal-Mart and was like, "That's what the cool card game is about!" and played it on my brother's Advance.

I loved it, and now am counting down to Platinum.

Back
Top Bottom