• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What really annoys you about the Pokemon Anime?

That happens in nearly every animated show which has a battle of some sort.
The really annoying thing about that, is that the person battling Ash thinks he has a chance. Those poor misguided fools!

What level is Pikachu at the moment. And why does it have such a hard time battling when it's UBER powerful?

This anime is messed up!

The only plot I really liked in the Animé was the still-repetitive-yet-still-awesome Eevee Brothers. And that wasn't really a plot. So...

Everything sucks. *nods*

Episode 2?

Also, some of the later ones in Kanto were good, too. Like the Island of Giant Pokemon and the S.S. Anne ones. And TR were okay until they got repetitive, anyway.

4-5ish.

In 2 they were just passing, and they weren't the main antagonist, the Spearow were. In episode 4 I had a feeling they would be in every episode from then on.

But I thought episode 1 was the episode when Ash was attacked by the Spearow, and TR were the main antagonists in episode 2 when they attacked Viridian's Pokemon Center, right?

I don't know, I haven't seen those episodes in a long time...

But I thought episode 1 was the episode when Ash was attacked by the Spearow, and TR were the main antagonists in episode 2 when they attacked Viridian's Pokemon Center, right?

I don't know, I haven't seen those episodes in a long time...
Yet then they seemed like a one-off.

They were an actual threat back then. Early on they had the potential to be INTERESTING rather than an easy way to use up five minutes of screen time.

The new voices.
What happened to the old ones? It'll never quite be the same without them. Especially Team Rocket. :/ James' laugh.

Or maybe it was a time when everyone hit puberty.
Though Ash's voice still sounds like a 12 year old. He might never grow up.

The only thing I can think of that really annoys me is the lies displayed, sometimes by the characters and sometimes in the show's battles.

Examples:

In one of the episodes in the first season near when Ash and friends got to the Pokemon League, Ash's Pikachu took out a trainer's Marowak with an Electric attack, while Marowak is immune to Electric attacks. This is despite the show mentioning several times that Ground-types are immune to Electric attacks.

In one of the early episodes of the Johto League battles when the battles were one-on-one, Ash's opponent was using a Furret and Brock called Furret a Ground type, when in fact, Furret is a Normal type.

During one of the "Trainer's Choice" things in between commercial breaks, when they said that Seviper evolves from Arbok.

There have been several examples of my first example; an attack working on a Pokemon despite type immunity.

I don't know why, but it annoys me whenever the anime displays even a slight lie.

Oh, I forgot, Dawn also annoys me.

Another thing I forgot that annoys me is how Ash and co. always fall for Jesse and James's disguises, regardless of the fact that they're extremely obvious. Jesse and James themselves annoy me. Their extreme stupidity bothers me and they waste 3/4 of almost every episode.

Last edited:
Well, let's see. It's too childish. And the plot is like an unstable rock.... The only thing that lights up is that you Can watch it in Japanese. the jap. one seems to make it way better.

Oh, did I mention that the ONE time they have an awesome plot, they don't make a movie out of it? I mean, come on.

Honestly, though, it seems that most of the annoying stuff comes from the dub.

The plot sucks, the new voices suck[not that the old ones were great or anything] and you can predict every stupid thing that happens. That and Pikachu is like Lv 100,000.

Here's how EVERY episode goes:
.Ash and co meet a "New best friend"
. They battle
. Team Rocket see the battle, say they're hungry then try and cause mischeif.
. Team rocket attempt to steal Pikachu and whatever other pokemon they feel like.
. Pikachu will try to electricute them, but OH NO! Team rocket are wearing rubber!
. Pikachu electricutes the Meowth baloon.
.TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTING OFF AGAIN! WOBBAFETT! CHIME! (Anyother frikkin' pokemon that makes irratating sounds)
.Ash and co sod off again.
.Bye bye "best friend ever", I hope we battle again.
.The walk into the sunset, as it goes into a box that says TO BE CONTINUED...

I can't believe I just wrote all of that...

Back
Top Bottom