• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What really annoys you about the Pokemon Anime?

Well, they always try to kill off Ash but he never freakin dies...
When will they just make the boy die already!!!

The fact that Ash and co. can never figure out when it's Team Rocket in disguise.

The fact that Team Rocket always fails, and building off of that, that James and Jesse don't get fired.

Also, in the most recent seasons, it seems like the quality of the animations have diminished greatly. At some points it seems like a flash animation even. This, I do not like.

Also, in the most recent seasons, it seems like the quality of the animations have diminished greatly. At some points it seems like a flash animation even. This, I do not like.

Exactly. Some of the Pokemon just look so dull now, like there's not enough coloring or shading or something. Also, their voices. Ash sounded way better before the voice change, and Dawn/Piplup's voices are so high pitched it gives me a headache.

Not to mention the episodes now are just find someone in trouble, help them, have Team Rocket fail yet again, and everyone lives happily ever after until the next episode. Imo the anime started failing after the Advanced Generation.

Yo. I haven'ty been here in a long time because of my Mother who does not like this stuff.

^The fact that she manages to go on and doesn't even stay on topic.

Sigh. I hate how every MAJOR pokemon capture attempt, it usually goes in on one ball. Seriously, once it took me FIVE great balls for a Murkrow on yellow.

^The fact that she manages to go on and doesn't even stay on topic.

Sigh. I hate how every MAJOR pokemon capture attempt, it usually goes in on one ball. Seriously, once it took me FIVE great balls for a Murkrow on yellow.

There aren't any Murkrow in Yellow. o.o;

the episodes now are just find someone in trouble, help them, have Team Rocket fail yet again, and everyone lives happily ever after until the next episode.

Sounds like nothing much has changed since... maybe halfway through the first season.

====

Anyway... a few more annoying things about the anime that I've noticed recently (most of which I noticed while watching the last half of the Shaymin movie a while ago... yeah, I was bored. And there wasn't much else on.)

1: It's not just Pikachu's Electric moves that ignore resistances anymore--Steel-type moves can do it, too! Iron Tail easily knocking out a Magneton, which should be doubly resistant to Steel moves AND has decent defense on top of that? Ridiculous.

2: Everything says its name over and over. People have probably mentioned this countless times before, but since it's been almost 10 years since I saw anything Pokémon-anime-related, I had almost forgotten just how annoying that is. It's even worse in the case of Pokémon that usually speak English, or the ones that use some sort of telepathy instead of speaking--if they prefer using English/telepathy/etc., why would they randomly blurt out bits of their own language when they're attacking? At least they didn't do that with Mewtwo... I can't imagine him suddenly blurting out "MEW!" in the middle of a fight. That would be just plain wrong.

3: The people who make the anime are just not very good at drawing certain Pokémon. And they're not even consistent about it... some Pokémon are drawn really well, but others look really crappy, sometimes within the same movie/episode/whatever. For example, Ambipom: it looks awful in every single screenshot I've ever seen of it--and the closer they zoom in on it, the worse it looks. It looked a bit better in the movie when it was actually moving and attacking and such, but it still looked like absolute junk compared to Giratina, the Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone swarm, Piplup, the random Furrets that looked ridiculously cute when they crawled around on all fours, etc...

4: Some of the fans find the weirdest things to complain about. Example #1: The giant uproar surrounding the new voices. I didn't really notice much of a difference in anyone except Jessie (who sounds worse) and Brock (who sounded slightly off at first, but I got used to it before the movie ended.) And example #2: I've actually seen people complaining about Buneary knowing Ice Beam. I don't see why that was such a big deal, especially since Bunearies actually can learn Ice Beam. It's not like a Bulbasaur-used-Whirlwind situation or something nutty like that. You'd think that if someone was going to complain about a Pokémon knowing Ice Beam, they'd mention those wild Stantlers and Ursarings, which really can't learn Ice Beam but were still using it... along with every other Normal-type Pokémon in that whole forest.

Despite all that, the Shaymin movie was surprisingly... watchable. So I guess that means the "Pokémon movies are always MUCH better than the TV series" thing is still in full effect.

Last edited:
Okay, this is the No. 1 thing that bothers me about the Anime.

The. Dubbers. Suck.

I mean, I was watching an episode today, and Ash tells Pikachu to use Volt Tackle, like this:

"Pikachu! Use Volt Tackle!"

But somehow, his mouth is open when he says "pika" and suddenly flops open and closed when he says "Tackle." I dunno about you, but I can't say "pika" without closing my mouth.

And then Pikachu doing it:

"Pika pika pika pika... PIKA!"

And its mouth is just open the whole time.

And sometimes, the timing is just... wrong. Dawn says stuff with her mouth closed, or she's moving her mouth but nothing's coming out.

So yeah. And another thing, I never understood why Brock's eyes were always closed.

Plus, there's also the Pokemon who make no sense. So today I was watching episode 540 (with the kidnapped Riolu). And somehow, the male ranger manages to take down a fully grown Aggron (which, by the way, should be at Lv. 42 at the minimum) with a random Donphan taken from the wild (which would be around Lv. 25-30) in one shot. And add that wild Pokemon are generally weaker than trained ones.

And a thing that generally just annoys me about the whole Pokemon franchise is that for whatever reason, people naturally have blue or purple or green hair and everyone's okay with it.

And, of course, who could forget: "Trainers, which of these Pokemon evolves into Seviper? It's... ARBOK!"

And the infamous donut episode.

And then Pikachu doing it:

"Pika pika pika pika... PIKA!"

And its mouth is just open the whole time.

This actually has nothing to do with the dubbers not matching mouth-flaps: Pikachu's voice isn't changed at all between the Japanese and English versions. I guess they're just lazy with the Pokémon's mouth-flaps in the first place.

And somehow, the male ranger manages to take down a fully grown Aggron (which, by the way, should be at Lv. 42 at the minimum) with a random Donphan taken from the wild (which would be around Lv. 25-30) in one shot.

Aggron is doubly weak against Ground, though. It wouldn't be too surprising for an Earthquake or some other strong Ground move to KO the Aggron in one shot.

Of course, it really would be ridiculous if the Donphan did that with a Normal-type move or Rollout or something like that (I never saw the fight you're talking about--I haven't watched the anime in years, with the exception of the Shaymin movie the other day and a few episodes yesterday because I was bored and Cartoon Network was running a marathon of them--so I don't know exactly what move was used.)

The anime is awful, these are the things I hate about it:

1) Team Rocket are boring. They're stupid, childish, idiotic, ignorant, ruin everything, spoil absolutely anything and lose any Pokemon they manage to capture.

2) Dawn fails at anything. "I always lose contests and I don't know why". Your only evolved Pokemon is an Ambipom with a really sad voice that sounded better as an Aipom, a Pachirisu that'll never evolve even if it gets a 5th Gen evo (God help us all!), a Buneary that only knows one good move and a Piplup that has a mutated beak and knows Whirlpool despite the fact it being Level 15.

3) Too many Basic stage Pokemon. Ash has Pokemon that suck, only Gliscor is the only good Pokemon he has...that's about it.

4) Brock...go away! You got boring after Season 2 and you should be looking after your Gym. Plus you've abandoned your Geodude and Onix (queer) and developed a fetish for water Pokemon (see Marshtomp and Ludicolo) and stupid baby Pokemon.

5) How long will it take to reach anywhere? It took 6 episodes to reach Jubilife City where it took me 3 minutes. The episodes are repetative and annoying, the people they help are just sad. They will reach the Pokemon League much quicker if they didn't help everyone along the way and learn stupid lessons that has nothing to do with the story.

6) Pikachu: You are an electric type, you cannot hurt ground types, you are not special, you are selfish because you don't like Pokeballs and you have a Buneary in love with you...oh, you're also a stupid yellow rodent that should be exterminated.

That is what I hate about the anime, I wonder if I can think of anymore?

Aggron is doubly weak against Ground, though. It wouldn't be too surprising for an Earthquake or some other strong Ground move to KO the Aggron in one shot.

Of course, it really would be ridiculous if the Donphan did that with a Normal-type move or Rollout or something like that (I never saw the fight you're talking about--I haven't watched the anime in years, with the exception of the Shaymin movie the other day and a few episodes yesterday because I was bored and Cartoon Network was running a marathon of them--so I don't know exactly what move was used.)
I'm pretty sure it was Rollout; the Donphan rolled up into a ball and hit the Aggron.

A Rollout is weak the first time you use it, if it was the fifth time then it could knock out the Aggron but not the first time.

I agree with everything that has been put up. I saw that retarted thing where they ask you what evolves into seviper and EVERYONE knows that nothing evolves into seviper and seviper dosn't evolve into anything.It's like pokemon creaters don't know anything about their own creations! They also leave out the way of the world, like predators hunting prey.

Back
Top Bottom