• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What would you do if you could?

Minish

Pronoun
they
If you had unlimited time (or money, depending) what would you do? Like you might want to read every book in existence, or learn how to do something you don't have the time for right now...

If GCSEs didn't take up most of my life right now, I'd probably start becoming a vegetarian right about now. The only reason I'm not one already is because it would make cooking awkward for my mum, and we just don't have the time to be picky about food and trying substitutes. And I'd start practicing paganism (probably Wicca actually), which I'll probably do when I leave school.

(The return of the inquisitive/slightly stalkerish threads from Cirrus!)

EDIT: I don't mean immortality or slowed down ageing by the way. Just like if you were the only person who never had to work or go to school and could do whatever you wanted whenever.

Last edited:
I would much much rather have unlimited money. Not a fan of watching everyone I know gradually die.

I dunno what I'd do, really. I'd just buy my way through everything, I suppose, though somebody would probably assassinate me before long.
Buy a nice house? :)

edit: I would pay people to plant forests

Ah, I don't mean unlimited time as in, being able to live forever, or stop time or anything. Just as if you didn't have to go to school/work and could do whatever you wanted every day without having to worry about surviving.

Learn a ton of languages, become an amazing artist, learn to play at least one instrument, get singing lessons, learn to drive, read every book on sociology and become a major expert, travel around the world, write/illustrate children's books, do a ton of volunteer work, get back into the swing of writing fanfiction and become a vegan.

Possibly more, but those are the main ones :)

Ah, I don't mean unlimited time as in, being able to live forever, or stop time or anything. Just as if you didn't have to go to school/work and could do whatever you wanted every day without having to worry about surviving.
Oh... now that would be cool. Maybe a little lonely and depressing if all my friends still had to do all those human things, but cool nonetheless. I guess I would write a hell of a lot of novels, just because, and I'd probably learn to play an instrument, annnnd... I don't know what else. I'm sure I could think of something, it's just hard to put yourself into a position you can barely imagine.

I'd visit every country in the world while trying to speak their respective languages. I would definitely pour more time into Russian and French and then move onto my other languages. I would also write my book and make a movie and record an album.

The travelling part and the languages part would be SUPER AWESOME~

I'd continue my studies on herbal magick and beat every game I have. <3

Build the biggest library in the world... Then keep it in my family in a way that the couldn't sell it...

Well, if I had unlimited time i'd do pretty much everything there is.. Infact, I wouldn't rush anything because as soon as you've done everything.. Imagine how boring life would be. ,,xD

Well, first off i'd start to travel. I'd get a map, a cool pen, and start crossing off the places that i've been, until almost the entire map was covered with black X's and there were only a few random, (unmarked), spots on there. I'd also try and meet a lot of people, (which is a step up for me).

When you say unlimited time, do you mean you "never die of natural aging?" Because that would be kinda sucky if you met someone you liked, or constantly had friends dying around you.

And then when you start to befriend 14 year olds as a 113 year old man, (so that they live for the longest period of time possible), people would start giving you funny looks. =x

If I had all the free time and money I wanted...

I'd travel around the world, of course. I'd buy the rights to my current school and take the time to make it better by my own hand. Then I'd dedicate myself to learning Russian, Japanese and Italian.

I know I had a list of this, I just can't remember it all right now. >>

Take care of everything I need to so I can be happy with myself, learn as many languages as I can, learn as much about science, history, and politics as I can, finally buckle down and teach myself a programming language or two, travel all around the world, and devote a great deal of time to improving artistically.

Fix my body.
Tell everyone about my newly gained enormous wealth and immortality/slowed down aging, become famous, use newly gained fame to meet the people I look up to (the living ones anyway).
Give Oscar Wilde's grave a fucking makeover because it's pretty terrible looking.
Then I'd live as hedonistically as humanly possible.

Oh and I guess I'd use some of my time to learn Russian and that's about it. Everything else I'd do is just natural progression stemming from immortality really (ie read as many books as I can, travel, improve artistically, etc. but these are included in 'hedonistic lifestyle' really).

Travel the world asking all the questions I can think of that would be interesting. Try and learn as much as I could, etc.

Hmmm. The time? The money?
I'd make a completely new identity and live a double life:

The dark and mysterous world traveling writer who can't be traced... (not being traced would be a necissity, can't have the world knowing BOTH)...

And the happy hard working Librarian who likes to read to little kids and play with kittens. And can easily get her hands on the newest book by her alternate identity, of course. (Who sometimes disappears for large ammounts of time for unknown reasons.)

Of course, not only do i lack the time and money to do this, i also lack the resources. Besides, if i ever do get a book written and published, i'll be so excited about it being published i'd completely forget about using a different name.

Well, I guess I'd try and get real good at playing guitar, find a house in London and travel around the globe experiencing new things. Oh, and I'd also take a considerable chunk of time to find the perfect girl =]

- Travel through the rest of Europe and the Americas.
- Spend time in French-speaking countries and improve my French.
- Then do the same for Italian except I'd have to start more or less from scratch with that.
- Write and publish dumb teen fiction novels.
- Settle down somewhere with My Special Person™. BECAUSE I'M A BIG BALL OF MUSHINESS.

have sex with the one hot girl in my circle of friends

I probably speak for everyone here

Unlimited time? I like where this is going.
Well, a good chunk would go towards perfecting a few guitar/piano techniques/learn and write songs. etc...

Also,and I know this is strange, but a good piece I'd use to..think Honestly. Just...think. Out loud, I suppose. Possibly travel quite a bit, and write a few stories/publish a book.

Back
Top Bottom