• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What's ironic or surprising in your Pokemon game?

Another coincidence of mine:

In Gold, I have a Noctowl, named after Neji from Naruto. Guess how many hitpoints he has?

Sixty-four.

If you haven't watched Naruto (or read the manga, for that matter), you won't get it.

In leafgreen, on the cycling road, there was a sign that said: "Toss Pokeballs, not the game." Has anyone else noticed this?

Yeah, I knew about that. There's also a girl in Yellow who, after you beat her, says "I understand now that Pokemon isn't about complicated numbers."

Surprising: No matter how much I try, my Pikachu's Thunderbolt won't effect my enemy's Golem. It works in the anime! Why not in-game?

I was surprised that I found a shiny Wingull in Pokemon:Diamond. What was more surprising is that the next day, I found another one in the same area. I bred them, but I haven't checked the Day Care yet to see if the baby's shiny or not.

I was in the Great Marsh in Pearl and i encountered loads of wooper that i tried to catch but fled if they escaped. I encountered a SHINY WOOPER! Luckily it wasn't as annoying as the rest :D I now have a Shiny Quagsire. I tried to breed it with a normal quagsire to get a shiny wooper baby, but it didnt work :(

I was surprised that I found a shiny Wingull in Pokemon:Diamond. What was more surprising is that the next day, I found another one in the same area. I bred them, but I haven't checked the Day Care yet to see if the baby's shiny or not.

^ Um breeding with shinies doesn't get you more shinies. The egg will be normal and won't have any more chance of breeding shinies than a normal egg. Sorry to burst your bubble :D If it is shiny you are one of the most lucky people in the world.

Not in my game, but my friend got a shiny Lapras from just regularly breeding.
I also found one shiny each on two separate games when I had my friends sleep over for New Year's. Shuppet on Emerald; Spearow on FireRed.

I was redoing the elite four on pearl, and I was battling Lucian's Drifblim, and it used double team five times in a row, literally. The sad thing is, I was using Aerial ace. XD
I haven't seen a shiny in-game, ever. :(

On Diamond, I have a Mawile named Tina.
On Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time, I have a Girafarig named Gira.
If you put their names together.... Giratina!
And that was totally unintentional too.

I ran into a shiny Spearow just hours after having posted in the "How many shinies do you have?" topic.

... and in the topic I had posted that I wasn't a shiny fanatic and didn't obsess over them to the point that they could never be deleted by starting over (deleting shiny Rattata, Oddish and Spinarak is proof), but of course if I had one then I didn't want to get rid of the file as much. And then I run into a shiny Spearow. Goldenwing the Fearow (now a mainstay of my FR team because Fearow was going to be part of the final team anyway) will not be deleted~ :D

The fact that I have all 8 badges on D/P and have beaten the league, but the guy blocking the path to the GTS tells me I can't pass because I need the first badge. Wth? xD

Back
Top Bottom