• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What's ironic or surprising in your Pokemon game?

I just found out today when I was giving my Heatmoor the TM for Flamethrower, that Slowbro can apparantly learn it as well. What the hell... how does this make sense?

I have a Seviper with flamethrower. Fire-breathing snake ftw.

Oh yeah, today I was surfing, and ran into a dark patch. A blue-striped basculin appeared, and the shiny animation played. At first I was excited, then I thought that maybe all blue-striped basculins must be shiny.

But no, I found out that it was a legit shiny. I'm so thrilled because this is the first shiny I've caught (excluding red gyarados).

have I mentioned that manectric get overheat?

how about fly golurk? drill run fearow? arbok learns bulldoze, earthquake, mud bomb.

rhydon's special movepool is ridiculously arbitrary: thunder? ice beam? similar are found on aggron and rampardos.

take a look at what

learns surf: nidoking, nidoqueen, rhydon, sneasel, tyranitar, lugia, aggron, rampardos!

eelektross, mawile, octillery get flamethrower, too. okay, octillery has a huge special movepool. care to explain geodude?

and will someone please explain to me, why does wailord get selfdestruct?

I can explain Rampardos Surf! They're pachycephalosaurs, which were noted for their swimming abilities! And Lugia is the god of the sea, right?

In the Battle Subway, I got partnered up with a Sawk that had Endure, and a Focus Sash.
And it's Ability was Sturdy.

have I mentioned that manectric get overheat?

how about fly golurk? drill run fearow? arbok learns bulldoze, earthquake, mud bomb.

and will someone please explain to me, why does wailord get selfdestruct?
Fearow has the dispositions for drill-related attacks that aren't Horn Drill.
Earthquake: Gyarados, Mantine, the legendary birds of Johto, Altaria, Latis... Lots of Pokémon can learn Earthquake.
And as for Explosion, Shellder and Vanillite can learn it as well, and Skuntank even learns it by level up. Yes, it's very strange.

Earthquake: Gyarados, Mantine, the legendary birds of Johto, Altaria, Latis... Lots of Pokémon can learn Earthquake.
And as for Explosion, Shellder and Vanillite can learn it as well, and Skuntank even learns it by level up. Yes, it's very strange.

Not only that, but the Vanillite line also learn Acid Armour via level up, and Togekiss can learn Drain Punch. Where are the arms?!

Don't forget disable and Cursed Body

cursed body doesn't work here, but yes, disable, and also encore.

... there are three "drill" moves total.

but yes, earthquake is a tm move, lots of weird things learn it. and I was kind of trying to avoid normals, psychics, dragons (shut up, gyarados is close enough), and legendaries, which have this tendency to have ridiculously large movepools.

really, though, selfdestruct and explosion mostly just get given out to round-ish things. thus, wailmer.

Not only that, but the Vanillite line also learn Acid Armour via level up, and Togekiss can learn Drain Punch. Where are the arms?!

acid armor, if you've read the fluff, involves liquefaction, which ice cream does rather well. all its learners are either water, ice, amorphous, or ... shelmet. er.

and I think shroomish is a much better example of things that have no business knowing drain punch. I mean, breloom gets it from tm anyway!

I have a Litwick named Hutch.

Instead of luring souls to oblivion, he helps bring them to life. A living Oxymoron?

I was surprised when I found out my Dodrio could learn Fly. I

Have you read this? You'll probably think it's pretty funny if not. Not a Dodrio, but close enough.

For everyone baffled about Pokemon moves that don't make sense on the pokemon that have them...
comic31.jpg

"Piplup hatched from the egg!"
One step later...
"Piplup hatched from the egg!"

Not long after...

"Dratini hatched from the egg!"
One step later...
"Dratini hatched from the egg!"

Back
Top Bottom