• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What's your favourite breed of dog?

Harlequin

I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO COME IN HERE WITH A BIG POST ABOUT HOW "PUREBREDS ARE EVIL!!!!" AND ALL THAT JAZZ. I DON'T CARE AND IT TOTALLY ISN'T THE FOCUS OF THE THREAD. IF YOU WANT TO BE BUTT-HURT ABOUT THE ISSUE, GO HAVE SRS DISCUSSION ON IT SOMEWHERE ELSE. THIS THREAD IS FOR HAPPY PICTURES OF PRETTY DOGS.

kk?

k.

SO!

What's your favourite breed of dog? Pictures, plz.

A recently-discovered by still much-loved breed of mine is the leonberger:

152294_6c67e31538.jpg

Leonbergers are gorgeous dogs. I've never met one so I can't say much for personality or anything but they look stunning.

Of course a long-time favourite of mine is the bull mastiff:

bullmastiff.jpg

We used to have two bull mastiffs. They were so stupid but really, really adorable. <3

Mutts are healthier and it's better to adopt a dog than to buy a purebred.

That said, I have three Italian Greyhounds. Mine don't seem to have the standard temperament at all, but hey! (My dogs bark a lot and we've never had problems of them breaking their legs or anything like that even though we're not very careful with them and they like being near the ceiling. So! They're also not skittish at all.)

At the moment, my favorite breed is the Golden Retriever, mostly because I have one and he is 'teh cuteness' as you kids say.

I also really like Yorkshires. 8>

Mutts are freaking adorable, to boot. The scruffy type.

AND NOW, TERRIERS.

RATTERRIERSGO

1198059828rat_terrier.jpg

I love them. A lot. Because I have two. Wonderfully intelligent little hunters, high energy, verrrry sturdy. And super affectionate and fun. Hearts.

But I also love bigger dogs! Like pit bulls!
3924525850_8a1b31df5f_m.jpg

And boxers...
boxer_fanner1.jpg

And aussies.
australian_shepherd.jpg

Aaand Tycho.

Aesthetically, I love Irish wolfhounds. The idea of me actually having one is hilarious, though, as it'd be twice as tall as I am.

I'm also partial to red (or Irish) setters, weimaraners, golden cocker spaniels, bassets, huskies and (somewhat oddly) dalmatians.

Temperament-wise, I like labradors and retrievers.

I don't like alsatians, rottweilers or dobermanns very much ):

Aww, rotties and dobermans are adorable. :| All the 'scary' dogs are the sweetest things on the planet.

Also dalmatians and poodles are just giant doofuses. They look pretty and then promptly do something really silly and you just go pfft. They're also both extremely soft.

Aww, rotties and dobermans are adorable. :| All the 'scary' dogs are the sweetest things on the planet.

You'd be surprised how many people say that to me. If I may be completely melodramatic for a moment, I usually tell them that they can say that after they've had 56 stitches in 6 wounds and look like this.

Siberian huskies and shiba inus.

I am not at all biased by the fact that I'm getting a shiba pup next week.

EDIT: orite pics.

Husky:
siberian_husky.jpg

honestly you should know what one looks like already but :|

Shiba inu:
U.JapShibaInu.jpg

1198060399shiba_inu.jpg

You'd be surprised how many people say that to me. If I may be completely melodramatic for a moment, I usually tell them that they can say that after they've had 56 stitches in 6 wounds and look like this.

That's entirely different. I should have been clearer; they're usually sweethearts. Just like any other dog they can be horrible or fabulous ... shame you had a bad experience :c

(also next time someone asks about the scars say you fought cancer with your fists. or a bear.)

german-shepherd.jpg
D%20Irish%20Wolfhound.jpg

scottydog.jpg

german shepherds, irish wolfhounds and scotty dogs <3 I also love australian sheepdogs but they can all look completely different so

Maltese/ Maltese Silky for me. I don't really know much about any other dogs though so I can't really say o.o

Wolfhounds, alsatians and red setters are all gorgeous. <3 Just look at a red setter:

red%20setter%20on%20set_small.JPG

That being said... dogs scare me a bit. :/ I don't like going near anything that looks as dangerous as most big dogs do.

PUGS omg they're so cute and squishy and weird looking
chinese_pug_v.jpg

lookit how cute they are as puppies too ghfjkghfg
202px-Puglet1.jpg

I also love dalmations but who doesn't
15027672.JPG

Italian Greyhounds and English Bull Terriers are my absolute favourites, but I really like Border Terriers, German Shepherds (we are not living in World War Two they are not alsatians) and Rottweilers too!

Here have some chihuahua pictures.....those are my faves right now...

Degaen.jpg

Chihuahuabland.jpg

WhiteTanChihuahua.jpg

And a picture of a dachshund...they are also adorable :D

MYLO.JPG

Back
Top Bottom