• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

your "Holy crap!" moments

My xbox live has been down. Recently went back on to play my shiny new Halo:Reach..

Response: HOLYCRAPJETPACKWTFBBQ?

I also was reminded that fall damage was back... by punching someone off the roof. I'm gonna like this game >:]

For "weird Brawl screenies" I paused a picture with Bowser and Sonic... where it looked like Bowser was giving birth to a blue ball. O_o In another screenie, Dedede was grabbing Ness/Lucas(can't remember) with a pedosmile.

Also, Punch-Out in Title Defense mode. My first reaction: "...Did I just get pwned by Glass Joe?"

Well, I was playing FireRed when I found a shiny Abra. I was like "holy****"! Unfortunately, I already wasted my Masterball on Mewtwo, so I just...chucked an Ultra Ball and hoped for a miracle. It. Broke. Free. And. Teleported. That was so...argh.

I was playing the new Fallout game, New Vegas. Now I dealt with Deathclaws a lot in Fallout 3... So you have to go to this lab and remove the ghouls. Since it was my first playthrough I had no idea how to get there, so I just followed the marker, which lead me over a huge mountain of rocks. When I got to the top, I was attacked by an entire herd of deathclaws! I'm talking no less than ten deathclaws! I was only level three and stood no chance.. I RAN FOR MY LIFE... and failed.

Events of a certain character dying in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn ;_;

made to contrast with the predictable appearance of a certain character though, I suppose.

So I was playing Final Fantasy (Echoes of Time - it's popular!), and was beating up Larkeicus's first form. I almost died, and then this Golem blew up and killed Larkeicus! I was like "HOLY SMOKES!" Then I danced around the room. :D

As of recently, I've pretty much decided to never, EVER kill a Dead Mate in Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow.
Dead Mate is a hobo-esque zombie wearing a ragged coat and hat accompanied by an undead dog, which he sic at you should you get to close. You have to attack him and not the dog to get the experience and quite possibly the Soul as well. But kill the dog and the zombie will fall to his knees and sob in grief, before fading away. That's right, you do not only kill a dog, you make a zombie cry, and if you do that, you're an asshole.

It's not much better if you get the zombie because then the dog curls up on the floor looking just as heartbroken and then disappears. Killing a hobo and making a dog sad are just as much of a dick move.

Plus I love the fact that when you use the Dead Mate soul you don't so much "summon" the dog as fling it.

In Pokemon Platinum, I was training and the last Pokemon I found before saving and turning the game off was a Shiny Onix that I caught with my first dusk ball.

While playing Firefight on Halo Reach, I was casually shooting a couple of grunts and I turned around to find 5 elites directly behind me and I inadvertently yelled "Holy Shit!" (The motion tracker was off so I didn't expect them.) I managed to pull out my shotgun and shoot them each once before they beat me down.

My first shiny pokémon: I was level grinding in Mount Pyre (this was Pokémon Sapphire, I was 9 or 10) when a wild Vulpix appeared. I didn't care, till *ding ding* WHOA!!! SHINY VULPIX!!! Caught it and to this day, I still use my now level 100 shiny Ninetales Fifi on my SoulSilver. I LOVE HER!!!

And another moment: it's dumb to say, but since I never really played Metroid 'till Brawl, I always thought Samus was a robot. Doing her Final Smash... god, I was pleasantly surprised.

I got another: When, in Left 4 Dead 2 in the No Mercy campaign, I discovered the hard way that tanks can and will throw you off the building to your death. My train of thought was something like this:

"OH SHIT a tank kill it guys come on help me kill it it's almost dead what is it doing OH FUCK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

I was playing Brawl with a few of my friends a while ago, and in the middle of a match between Yoshi and Falcon (I think it was Falcon), and so we randomly decided to freeze the game. Lo and behold, Yoshi was in the middle of using some ice attack or something, and ice was coming out of his crotch area. To make this even funnier, Falcon had his back towards Yoshi. We nearly died of laughter.

I had one when I faced Mewtwo in Pokémon Puzzle League. Was caught off-guard, and almost lost. But it was AWESOME.

And since everyone is talking about Brawl, we snapped a picture we affectionately call "Eye of Doom". It was pretty much King Dedede caught in a pit trap while Shadow was doing his Chaos Control. I decided to pause and thought it would be funny if it looked like Dedede was hypnotizing you.

Then there were these series of snapshots we did of Ike and Zelda where it looked like he caught her off guard, kissed her, and she was all "Let's never speak of this again" before kicking him in the face. Okay, not really an "oh crap" moment, but it's funny.

Oh yeah, in the original Smash Brothers with some characters, when you grab them, it's implied you're grabbing at the crotch ._., just throwing that out there.

Back
Top Bottom